Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Adamantium Sentinels...................................... I'll be grossly generous and thank Stark he didn't use them............ yet. Maybe that's what Cable warned about in X-sanction.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

I think I prefer the original Onslaught story to this.

BANNED

Magneto and Cyclops were just the best in this.

Also I liked when the heroes were under Skull's influence talking trash to each other. Thor and Vision got the best burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought adamantium was fairly hard to come by. How did Stark get his hands on enough to build Sentinels? I mean I know he's rich, but it is kind of ridiculous that he wouldn't reinforce his own armor with adamantium if he had that much.
    Skull made him forget he had it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Vision, Wasp, and Sunfire are on the main foster. I think the idea is that the other Avenger teams operate at the mansion. And when there's a big enough emergency all the Avenger teams come together. We saw that during the Heroic Age when the various Avenger teams (Secret, New, even Young) tended to gather for the bigger stuff.
    Exactly.
    They're all card members, so its not as if Tony or whomever is going to see them show up and say "HEY! Y'all are on Unity Squad and/or ...well, where ever Viz is supposed to be -- I dunno. But what are you doing here??"

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Magneto and Cyclops were just the best in this.

Also I liked when the heroes were under Skull's influence talking trash to each other. Thor and Vision got the best burns.
    OMG share them burns, gurl.

Not sure if I should add this here but Comicbook.com had an interview with Remender discussing the first issue of Axis, he also states that there is apparently some status quo shifts coming up for the X-men and Nova.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/excl...is-1-spoilers/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Skull made him forget he had it.
    Telepathic skull hasn't around for very long. Apparently Stark's had these plan since CW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought adamantium was fairly hard to come by. How did Stark get his hands on enough to build Sentinels? I mean I know he's rich, but it is kind of ridiculous that he wouldn't reinforce his own armor with adamantium if he had that much.
    ... for the same reason Odin has never busted out a magical Celestial One Shotting Ax Before?

Rick has zero respect for continuity.

Havok still whining about Magneto and Cyclops.

Magneto was pure gold in this issue. Saying that the world has gone mad because Havok attacked him while he was getting to the Red Skull. Lol, Havok has no clue of what's going on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Havok still whining about Magneto and Cyclops.

Magneto was pure gold in this issue. Saying that the world has gone mad because Havok attacked him while he was getting to the Red Skull. Lol, Havok has no clue of what's going on.

You do understand Havok was under influence right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not sure if I should add this here but Comicbook.com had an interview with Remender discussing the first issue of Axis, he also states that there is apparently some status quo shifts coming up for the X-men and Nova.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/excl...is-1-spoilers/

I'm guessing the entire world will hate the x-men, and the x-men either go off planet or go to a different universe/reality in the X-line.

I feel like I should like this issue more than I did, but ere were so,e things I hated.

As others have said, it was a continuity disaster. Typically I try not to focus on the little things, but it's so bad it's distracting. The end of Remender's run leading up to this has been an utter mess.

Then there were some other things as well. Literally every character had a quirky one liner upon their entrance, the Adamantium Sentinels make no sense-it just felt like cheesy fanfic(remember when that stuff was rare? If access to it is so easy, why doesn't Tony use it? )
    As i said-this issue is one I feel like I shouldved like more than I did.it had all the traits I want from a comic-plot didn't drag, character moments, some action-but there was just so much and so many things holding back that by the time I was done reading my head hurt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I feel like I should like this issue more than I did, but ere were so,e things I hated.

As others have said, it was a continuity disaster. Typically I try not to focus on the little things, but it's so bad it's distracting. The end of Remender's run leading up to this has been an utter mess.

Then there were some other things as well. Literally every character had a quirky one liner upon their entrance, the Adamantium Sentinels make no sense-it just felt like cheesy fanfic(remember when that stuff was rare? If access to it is so easy, why doesn't Tony use it? )
    As i said-this issue is one I feel like I shouldved like more than I did.it had all the traits I want from a comic-plot didn't drag, character moments, some action-but there was just so much and so many things holding back that by the time I was done reading my head hurt.
    Maybe it's secondary adamantium.

I think that's fairly accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    You do understand Havok was under influence right?
    Still hilarious and completely in character for Magneto to place blame, regardless of circumstance. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Literally every character had a quirky one liner upon their entrance
    Ugh, yes, the non-stop cheesy jokes. Plus it seems we're supposed to still think it was wrong for Magneto to kill the Red Skull. I would have preferred that they made all that "oh noooo don't kill that Nazi with the power to kill with his mind who is actively torturing innocent people in his concentration camp" nonsense the result of the Red Skull's telepathy.

And I think the continuity stuff annoys me because I'm enjoying Hickman's Avengers 1000x more than Remender's. Same with their creator-owned stuff, actually.
    Read real books too, kids.