Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Me no love Bizarro! Him am not one of my least favorite Superman friends.

But I think he can also be one of the scariest villains. The idea that a being is as strong as Superman but is completely confused and out of control. It's a frightening thought.

I really want the dangerous /scary/out-of-control aspect of Bizarro to be given very bit as much emphasis as his sympathetic side.

But my all time favorite Bizarro moment was in the Solomon Grundy mini series. DC's two best monosyllabic monsters clashed before becoming good buddies.

That image is too adorable for words!

Although now I kinda realize Bizarro and Solomon Grundy maybe look a bit TOO much alike ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I thought it was just adorable how these once friendless monsters shared some hotdogs and became pals. But of course it had a tragic ending as Bizarro had to pull an Old Yeller and take out his only friend in the world when Grundy became a Black Lantern.
    Let's start the most Bizarre slashfiction of all.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

In the early days of the DC Universe Online game (which I'd advise any gamer/comic book reader to try if you miss the old DCU), Bizarro was a sort of 'mini boss' who'd randomly appear near S.T.A.R. Labs (or was it the hospital?), for any and all heroes nearby to team up and take down. Those were great spontaneous fights, and he was quite powerful.

I've always loved how many DC heroes had 'reversal' villains, it's an awesome Silver Age-y sort of concept.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Man, Bizarro-speak gets ridiculously difficult to write. Check out Bizarro via ALL-STAR SUPERMAN

Amazing Member

Yeah, sometimes Bizarro speak comes as nonsensicial rubbish and it's a bit difficult to not only write but to understand as well and make sense of it but I think that's the fun, it doesn't have to make sense or...should I say it makes perfect sense in Bizarro logic?

Bizarro-speak am not makes perfect sense for no-Bizarro folks. Bizarro-speak am no fun at all.

Astonishing Member

My favorite Bizarro related thing - really the only Bizarro related thing I've liked besides the All Star Superman story - was the small bit in Steve Gerber's "Phantom Zone" that reveals that the "Bizarro" movement is a sort of punk-style music-based cultural movement a la punk that centers around the belief that anyone born after 1971 is an 'imperfect duplicate' of a human being.

I love everything about it; at base I love the notion that these kinds of variegated religions/movements/philosophies/institutions/pop-cultural artifacts spring up like weeds around these modern gods/pop-stars/super-entrepreneurs/explorers (we're seeing a bit of it now in Teen Titans with Wonder Girl and Raven, Spencer brought it with Supergirl in his iphone app, we saw hints of it in things like Kingdom Come, 52, various Batman things, etc). I love the specifics of the Bizarro movement, the way Gerber takes the absurdity of the concept and makes it about the absurdity of life, the alienation of youth. So much of what I think Morrison was doing with "Zibarro" was actually an outgrowth of that one line, because it's Bizarro as this kind of absurd, tragic alienation, this frustrating disconnect with the world around you and a desperate longing for more.

It's something that has, otherwise, almost always been lost in any way but the most cusory "monster" sense. And it's pretty brilliant.
    Last edited by Deniz Camp; 10-13-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Amazing Member

I've got to say, I think Zibarro is one of the most endearing fictional characters of all time. The Bizarro-Bizarro Superman, who's existence would only occur to the mad genius of Grant Morrison but still makes a great deal of sense when you think about it.

Zibarro.jpg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    I've got to say, I think Zibarro is one of the most endearing fictional characters of all time. The Bizarro-Bizarro Superman, who's existence would only occur to the mad genius of Grant Morrison but still makes a great deal of sense when you think about it.

Zibarro.jpg
    Ah Zibarro...we hardly knew ye...

I'm kinda sad Grant didn't work him into New 52 continuity.

Gotta love Bizarro's Fire-Breath!

BANNED

wow, i need to read Bizarro meets Frankenstein. looks like it would be similar to his friendship with Grundy.

I figured it would be worth mentioning that there's going to be a Lego DC Comics movie starring Bizarro and the Bizarro Justice League.

Trailer

Bizarro is a fantastic character. My favorite Bizarro story is probably Bizarro's Worst Day from Adventures of Superman # 1.
    Flowers for Bizarro was okay as well, but not quite as good- I really like the idea of using Bizarro as a space exploration probe- not that he'd do great if he ran into an alien species.

Bizarro's brutally honest campaign

by lastscionz

An intriguing idea for a super-villain romance?

Would have loved to have seen Bizarro's "Doggy" tear it up against Superman's Krypto in S:TAS