Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This looks likely, especially with Spidey's involvement in Axis as a whole.

I'm sure all Captain America's have been reckless, but it's about the perspective in those preview images. It just looks much more harsh and violent than normal.
    It's really doesn't.

It's something we've seen from various Captain America's time and time again. That perspective isn't even new, only difference is Sam is flying, when it's Steve he's usually standing on and jumping off a very high building.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It's a HUGE reach to say Sam was being reckless in those preview pages. Virtually everyone who was wielded that shield has done the exact same thing at some point.

The writers have already said that Sam has been trained to handle the Shield. It's actually silly to think the guy who's been Cap's partner longer than anyone else hasn't been taught to use the shield long before becoming his replacement.
    If the defense for what Sam did is really that other characters have done it to, then it's really that Sam WASN'T reckless but rather that other heroes have been reckless too.

Which isn't an unfair statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    We don't know for sure that Peter has more superhero experience than BM. We do know that Brashear hasn't been as visible in the USA, but that is the curse of any character created as a retcon. Even now that BM has rejoined the American superhero community, Brashear still isn't exactly getting invites to any of the major events. He's still persona non grata for most Marvel writers.

I could envision a strong friendship between Brashear and Peter, but I'd hate to see BM treated as his mentee in any way/shape/form. I mean we're talking about a guy that turns to the Watcher (and now his wife) as his sounding board. Sorry, but Peter is not of that same peerage. Ewing would be better served to keep BM as the revered, powerful, austere and semi-mysterious elder statesman of the group.

Blue Marvel is a combination of Reed Richards and Silver Surfer. I don't see Peter playing mentor to either of those two, so why would we want him to mentor Blue Marvel?
    On paper Peter has more experience than Blue. Besides that from what little we seen he is more of an Adventure who just so happens to run into the occasional foe, much like the FF. That doesn't really make him up to par to the caliber of super hero Peter has been. Besides that their is no getting around the fact that the guy sat down when he was told to for years, which is why I agree with XPac that Blue could learn a few things about responsibility.

Also....Peter has been said to be in the same ball park of intellect of Reed so as of yet ,since we know so little about Blue, there's no telling that Blue is smarter or more capable than Peter is. Peter also has his on company now based solely on the advancement of technology. On top of all that we have decades of history proving what Peter is capable of and nothing really on Blue. Instead a few people are taking what little is given and expanding it more than what is known to the degree of saying he is out ranking established heroes in power or intellect when it is yet to be shown.

Right now to me at his core Blue Marvel is the guy with a lot of potential shunted his responsibility to fulfill his personal goals and to raise a family. Peter Parker has been able to managed that and fulfill his responsibility as a hero in history. Just because Blue is older doesn't mean there is nothing to learn. You can learn something from anyone.

But honestly I don't necessarily want any mentor thing established with any of the characters. Just if they were I could see that one play out. If I had it my way Blue would only show up very now and again or at the boss fights. Since the guy is pretty juiced in regards of power ,I like how Ewing is balanced out his usage allowing the other characters to shine.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-10-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    We don't know for sure that Peter has more superhero experience than BM. We do know that Brashear hasn't been as visible in the USA, but that is the curse of any character created as a retcon. Even now that BM has rejoined the American superhero community, Brashear still isn't exactly getting invites to any of the major events. He's still persona non grata for most Marvel writers.

I could envision a strong friendship between Brashear and Peter, but I'd hate to see BM treated as his mentee in any way/shape/form. I mean we're talking about a guy that turns to the Watcher (and now his wife) as his sounding board. Sorry, but Peter is not of that same peerage. Ewing would be better served to keep BM as the revered, powerful, austere and semi-mysterious elder statesman of the group.

Blue Marvel is a combination of Reed Richards and Silver Surfer. I don't see Peter playing mentor to either of those two, so why would we want him to mentor Blue Marvel?
    I agree with everything you posted here.

For those saying that Peter has more experience than Blue Marvel, please keep in mind that even before gaining Super powers Adam served as a Marine in the Korean war.

Extraordinary Member

Those pages look good. DAMN GOOD, can't wait till this drops.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It is one thing if Cap is throwing his shield at a super villain or a military guy flying a helicopter who is actively trying to kill him. Quite another when he throws his shield at two punk crooks who, after being hit in the head, crash their car AND go flying out of it into a brick wall.

These bad guys could be murderers for all we know but my bet is that they are petty crooks. Both of whom will now be in full body casts, if not paralyzed (or dead).

I like Sam as Cap but this is not what I want to see, at all.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

"And he is HOT. I mean, SO hot. It's INSANE how hot he is."

LOL. I agree.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Ooooh, dat shade!

Bring it on, Al. Bring it on!

Looks good! Looking forward to getting this.

As for the debate about whether Sam was being reckless.. I'm pretty sure the entire point was that he was. He is inverted, and apparently that includes not giving much of a damn about collateral damage or potentially killing a couple petty thugs.