Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    Sad to see Soule go, but at least his final issue was not Doom related. I really liked the beginning when Superman found her at the stadium and they kissed. Also I really liked how Soule made it so you could tell something was off when Superman was being a dick, you could tell it wasn't a normal couples fight.
    I kept asking myself the same thing over and over as I was reading the issue: Why was Superman acting so much like a jerk? And then Wonder Woman started losing it as well... And then bam, Strife. In hindsight it is pretty obvious considering the cover. I sensed that Wonder Woman didn't get the manipulations until Strife started messing around with troops, which the God of War would catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I love the dark and serious tone of the New 52, but I enjoyed this issue. We don't need every single moment to be dark and gritty for us to like a book, but I agree that if you don't like Superman and Wonder Woman together it is not an issue for you.
    Yeah, maybe I should have phrased that better since I also like the New52, regardless of its tone. I meant some lighthearted moments in issues like this go over the head of some people who fancy darker, grittier moments all the time.
    Searching for Samus Aran. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    I kept asking myself the same thing over and over as I was reading the issue: Why was Superman acting so much like a jerk? And then Wonder Woman started losing it as well... And then bam, Strife. In hindsight it is pretty obvious considering the cover. I sensed that Wonder Woman didn't get the manipulations until Strife started messing around with troops, which the God of War would catch up on.
    Actually I have the impression she understood that because she was going to say something that she really didn’t believe and because she knows Strife and what she does quite well. In fact she says 'Wait. This isn't right. I love you'. That's how she understood, not because of the war which was starting, or at least, I don't think it was implied that in that page.

Anyway, it was a really funny issue. I want more issues like this in the future =)
    Last edited by BlackFeath; 10-09-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

The more I read it the more I kind really love this issue.

Re some comments about the stupid plant here and on the WW forum and him telling her to keep it is reckless. I disagree. The plant is a creature, not just a plant. Just because it is not some cute fuzzy cuddly thing does not make it less worthy of keeping. Say take a magwai/gremlin how cute Gizmo is but then if he gets wet...well chaos and real danger. But they still love him and try their best to care for him.

Swampy communicates with the plant and it settles down not because it got all the oil but it isn't a monster. It's not evil. When cared for it is beautiful and placid. I love the idea Diana could still want it even after all the trouble it caused. That would be very Diana. When she delicately touches it and smiles, I think Clark looks at her and sees she still likes it and then says ...no you keep it. He trusts her to care for it. If she did not really want it Diana is honest enough tell him take it. So even if Clark made an unwitting error by not knowing about the plant...still remains the plant is beautiful and worth keeping even after all the trouble it caused.

Yeah you can tell I like the little plant.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Re some comments about the stupid plant here and on the WW forum and him telling her to keep it is reckless. I disagree. The plant is a creature, not just a plant. Just because it is not some cute fuzzy cuddly thing does not make it less worthy of keeping. Say take a magwai/gremlin how cute Gizmo is but then if he gets wet...well chaos and real danger. But they still love him and try their best to care for him.

Swampy communicates with the plant and it settles down not because it got all the oil but it isn't a monster. It's not evil. When cared for it is beautiful and placid. I love the idea Diana could still want it even after all the trouble it caused. That would be very Diana. When she delicately touches it and smiles, I think Clark looks at her and sees she still likes it and then says ...no you keep it. He trusts her to care for it. If she did not really want it Diana is honest enough tell him take it. So even if Clark made an unwitting error by not knowing about the plant...still remains the plant is beautiful and worth keeping even after all the trouble it caused.

I like it as well xD And I agree. I think Clark decided to leave it to her because he understood she wanted to keep it and because he trusted her, otherwise, if he hadn't seen that, he would have asked her if she still wanted it.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Actually I have the impression she understood that because she was going to say something that she really didn’t believe and because she knows Strife and what she does quite well. In fact she says 'Wait. This isn't right. I love you'. That's how she understood, not because of the war which was starting, or at least, I don't think it was implied that in that page.

Anyway, it was a really funny issue. I want more issues like this in the future =)
    Yeah that might be but during a heated argument Strife's influence might be more difficult to discern. That's why she says "We're under attack".

Umm... so the plant is more like a pet who happens to look like a plant? Interesting... Only saw the little thing as nothing more than a plot metaphor. Your pov makes sense.
    But would Diana ever say she didn't want it even if she really didn't? I mean, wouldn't that be cruel to Clark? Wasn't the whole origin of the discussion centered around the fact that Diana was neglecting his gift?

Yeah that might be but during a heated argument Strife's influence might be more difficult to discern. That's why she says "We're under attack".

Umm... so the plant is more like a pet who happens to look like a plant? Interesting... Only saw the little thing as nothing more than a plot metaphor. Your pov makes sense.
    But would Diana ever say she didn't want it even if she really didn't? I mean, wouldn't that be cruel to Clark? Wasn't the whole origin of the discussion centered around the fact that Diana was neglecting his gift?
    Diana is compassionate and she nor he did not know the plant is actually a plant/creature.

Now they know. It speaks a lot about them being compassionate and wanting to care for it. Even after it cause trouble. Take for example when Clark accepted Baka the little monster boy. Not too different.

Maybe no one might come back to this but I love the idea of the creature /plant as a pet of sorts. If I was a writer I'd play with that fantastical element. lol.

I like it as well xD And I agree. I think Clark decided to leave it to her because he understood she wanted to keep it and because he trusted her, otherwise, if he hadn't seen that, he would have asked her if she still wanted it.
    I would name the plant.

Seems only you and I appreciate the little skittish greedy devil, Blackfeath. hehe.

I would name the plant.

Seems only you and I appreciate the little skittish greedy devil, Blackfeath. hehe.
    Asd. Seems so xD Come on, guys! Isn't it 'cute'? XD

I would name the plant.

I think there is one problem with them having the plant: Krypto might decide to eat it!

I think there is one problem with them having the plant: Krypto might decide to eat it!
    New 52 Krypto is fierce...they might get along. LOL.

Asd. Seems so xD Come on, guys! Isn't it 'cute'? XD

Yeah he's cute.

Maybe Swampy told him where he was. He must have been disorientated with hunger, then calmed him down, told him not to over eat...opps drink ...and he's going back to some nice people, their names are Diana and Kal...so be a good boy and he'll be well taken care off. hehe.

Astonishing Member

Might have to check this out if Swamp Thing is in it.

Alec is drawn more...furry than leafy. And I rather prefer it. Its more appealing to the eye, he looks like a big green huggable plush, but one that can also drill holes in your eyes with thorns if you're a bad guy.

Nah. Even if it moves it is still a plant, I don't think Krypto is vegetarian. XD Plus, the plant may be a little bit difficult to catch even for him. Look at how it escaped from SM and WW xD Anyway, maybe Krypto actually could recognize it from his time on Krypton.

New 52 Krypto is fierce...they might get along. LOL.
    Yeah xD Maybe they could decide to go out eating and drinking together xD I could see a cartoon episode with the two of them. First the plant escapes and Krypto has to capture it, then they get along xD

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Wow, that was bad!

Monster drinks fuel from petrol station:

Superman: "Where does this go?"

Worker: "The... The pipeline? Brings petrol and crude in from the North Sea rigs. Sends it all over the UK."

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read in a comic! There's suspension of disbelief and the just plain moronic! In fact, ignorant! Bwa-ha-ha.

Just... an all round bad issue IMO. I've not been impressed by Soule at all on this title (excluding issues 1/2) and this was a weak ending to a weak run. Bring on the new team.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!