Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Blade Appreciation 2018

can't keep the day walker down!

All this craziness aside, basically we saw all we were going to get of Blade in the annual previews.

Mojo does mention that he's augmenting the heroes but Blade is the only one who really does anything out of the ordinary and they're never healed so any upgrade he might have received was never fixed. Looks like Blade can turn into a bat unless another writer intervenes.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

can't keep the day walker down!

All this craziness aside, basically we saw all we were going to get of Blade in the annual previews.

Mojo does mention that he's augmenting the heroes but Blade is the only one who really does anything out of the ordinary and they're never healed so any upgrade he might have received was never fixed. Looks like Blade can turn into a bat unless another writer intervenes.
    Yeah, but it was funny that he's in to D&D though.

dang you didn't waste anytime was just coming to make this thread lol.

Such a good time to be a Blade fan. I feel like he's finally on the rise again. Al Ewing is killing it on Mighty Avengers

Don't bother picking up Uncanny Avengers Annual if your just doing it for Blade, he is a very minor character in the issue. Issues alright thought because of the beginning and Mojo is awesome
    The J-man

Mighty Member

First thread was decorated with cool pictures of blade for the first few pages, so we should throw up his better appearances.

Blade is probably tops on my wish-list of characters for a new Marvel ongoing. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gotten one recently given the modern vampire craze. It would be easy to market as kind of an "anti-Twilight."
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Blade is probably tops on my wish-list of characters for a new Marvel ongoing. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gotten one recently given the modern vampire craze. It would be easy to market as kind of an "anti-Twilight."
    I think that ship sailed a few years ago.

Still don't understand why he doesn't have a series

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Still don't understand why he doesn't have a series
    Cause they keep giving the same stories with a different coat of paint(artist). I'm hopeful that with Mighty Avengers it will let Marvel know that he's "More" than just a vampire hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Cause they keep giving the same stories with a different coat of paint(artist). I'm hopeful that with Mighty Avengers it will let Marvel know that he's "More" than just a vampire hunter.
    True,i'd like to see Ewing write a solo on him

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Exactly. They have tried to just repeat vampire stories and do not realize that gets old quickly.

Blade's knowledge of the supernatural has been instrumental in Mighty Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Exactly. They have tried to just repeat vampire stories and do not realize that gets old quickly.

Blade's knowledge of the supernatural has been instrumental in Mighty Avengers.
    Blade has A-list written all over him and Al Ewing is proving it

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Blade has A-list written all over him and Al Ewing is proving it
    Agreed 100%.

Mighty Member

Minor spoiler for Original Sin, but it was wild to see Spiderman and Thing struggle with one mindless one after seeing Blade and Spitefire take on a bunch a while back:

Surprise no ones posted this yet. Its one of my favorites

The J-man

Blade getting some love inthis weeks Axel in Charge

Albert Ching: Ever since 2000 and the "X-Men" movie taking off and creating a wave that we're still riding of comic book-based movies having major success, people have wondered, is there a ceiling for this? Is there a burnout point? It seems there definitely hasn't been yet. TV is a different world, though. Do you see there being as much room for comic book-based television shows to thrive as much as there has been in movies?

Quesada: I think there's tons of room. It's all a matter of variety. By the way, you bring up the "X-Men" movie -- I would say it happened before this. I think that "Blade" was the real eye-opener for a lot of people, because "Blade" was a comic book-based movie that did incredibly well, but it was a movie that did incredibly well based on a character that wasn't all that popular or remotely iconic. What he was was a great character who was perfect for reinterpretation. I think people looked at that and said, "Wow, there is stuff to be mined here." Imagine you take a character like this, who wasn't immensely popular, but you did a little bit of a twist here and there, and it worked for the big screen. What happens when you take something that's already immensely popular and iconic?

I just think it's a matter of approach, making sure that the material is great. Our fans view them as comic book-based movies, but I think a lot of people in the general public don't necessarily view them as, "I'm going to the next big comic book movie." They look at them as, "I'm going to the next big action-adventure summer blockbuster."