Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Blade Appreciation 2018

can't keep the day walker down!

All this craziness aside, basically we saw all we were going to get of Blade in the annual previews.

Mojo does mention that he's augmenting the heroes but Blade is the only one who really does anything out of the ordinary and they're never healed so any upgrade he might have received was never fixed. Looks like Blade can turn into a bat unless another writer intervenes.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

can't keep the day walker down!

All this craziness aside, basically we saw all we were going to get of Blade in the annual previews.

Mojo does mention that he's augmenting the heroes but Blade is the only one who really does anything out of the ordinary and they're never healed so any upgrade he might have received was never fixed. Looks like Blade can turn into a bat unless another writer intervenes.
    Yeah, but it was funny that he's in to D&D though.

dang you didn't waste anytime was just coming to make this thread lol.

Such a good time to be a Blade fan. I feel like he's finally on the rise again. Al Ewing is killing it on Mighty Avengers

Don't bother picking up Uncanny Avengers Annual if your just doing it for Blade, he is a very minor character in the issue. Issues alright thought because of the beginning and Mojo is awesome
    The J-man

Mighty Member

First thread was decorated with cool pictures of blade for the first few pages, so we should throw up his better appearances.

Blade is probably tops on my wish-list of characters for a new Marvel ongoing. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gotten one recently given the modern vampire craze. It would be easy to market as kind of an "anti-Twilight."
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Blade is probably tops on my wish-list of characters for a new Marvel ongoing. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't gotten one recently given the modern vampire craze. It would be easy to market as kind of an "anti-Twilight."
    I think that ship sailed a few years ago.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Exactly. They have tried to just repeat vampire stories and do not realize that gets old quickly.

Blade's knowledge of the supernatural has been instrumental in Mighty Avengers.
    Um...how many issues of the current MA run has the supernatural element been in (I'm giving this a trial run with 12 and 13, because I only noticed the supernatural stuff in the August solits...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    First thread was decorated with cool pictures of blade for the first few pages, so we should throw up his better appearances.

Very nice...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

When am I gonna get my Blade and Daredevil team up against vampiric Hand Ninjas lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Um...how many issues of the current MA run has the supernatural element been in (I'm giving this a trial run with 12 and 13, because I only noticed the supernatural stuff in the August solits...)
    There has been some degree of super-natural through most of the series thus far. They faced the demon Shuma-Gorath in the first arc, and since then they've had to deal with the Tiger-God (source of White Tiger's powers) possessing her and running amok. And there have been subplot scenes with Blade/Ronin and his situation in several issues.

More Blade fighting strange monsters is needed.