Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Any reason why they kicked him off the Mighty Avengers?
    Went back to Spitfire in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The hand thing seem to have been ret-conned already. And Gugg's Blade hasn't been really referenced since it ended.

I guess I'm still alone in generally liking Gugg's run, lol. It wasn't the best but I enjoyed it. I would definitely have written it differently though.
    It served the purpose of getting Blade out into the general marvel universe, but it kinda abruptly cut off with all of Blade's previous history. No mention of Safron and no explanation why he had moved from New Orleans to NY. It generally left Blade's early 2000s continuity pretty messed up. Not to mention he basically ruined Blade's chances of moving on from vampires. By all accounts vampire were nearly extinct, which would've actually been an interesting story to write, but he just reverses all of that.

That aside, I know MI:13 referenced Guggenheim's run twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Any reason why they kicked him off the Mighty Avengers?
    If you mean the creative team or editorial, I think Ewing was just done with the story he wanted to tell with him.

Mighty Member

Blade's appearing in some japanese kids anime http://www.fandompost.com/2015/01/14...-anime-series/

Still no where in the comics though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Blade's appearing in some japanese kids anime http://www.fandompost.com/2015/01/14...-anime-series/

Still no where in the comics though...
    given the way the comics have been lately thats not such a bad thing. I'm basically done with mainstream right now. A ton of marvel books have been a little too depressing for me with heroes acting like villains or doing immoral things. And I'm done with DC at the moment, I hung in with the New 52 as long as I could but I've lost interest. Everything that drew me too it at the onset has faded away. So I'm in Indy land right now. Maybe I will check out milestone when it relaunches.

Blade got a pretty cool showing from the clips I saw. I think he will be in the next episode too. I'm not totally following the story of Marvel Disk Wars. It's like a weird cross between Pokemon and Avengers. But you know I'll check out anything with my fav hero Blade in it. He was also in an episode of Hulks agents of Smash a while back. It was the same incarnation of Blade from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

I really hope marvel pushes it's supernatural characters more in live action and animation. If Doctor Strange does well maybe he will get his own anime films. Than Blade, Ghost Rider and other characters (Satana, Swamp Thing, Werewolf by Night etc.) can pop up. Better yet if they rebooted the Blade series or gave him his own netflix tv show.

Fingers crossed. An animated Halloween movie or short with Blade would be nice at least.
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

What episode of the Hulk was Blade in?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    What episode of the Hulk was Blade in?
    Just found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUHVI9bZ8pk. Fights Hulk and beats Skaar. Pretty cool.

Spectacular Member

Blade kicked Skaar's @ss in that episode. That is awesome.

Mighty Member

Ewing just said he's going to try to fit Blade into Mighty Avengers Last Days, but he's not sure if he'll have enough space.

I love Ewing.

Also looks like Blade was in two episodes of the latest Marvel Disk Wars.

And Ronin appears in the newest episode. I haven't seen it yet but I have a sneaking suspicion it is you know who. So Blade may be set to appear in 4 to 5 Marvel Disk Wars episodes.

And let me just say int he two episodes Blade shows up in he i s handled well. He takes on Vampires like a boss. Great sword play, and spinning glave action.

Than we see him take on Baron Blood and hold his own against Avengers like Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Wasp.

Blade got a lot of love on that anime.
    Last edited by Jabare; 02-06-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    The J-man

I wish Christopher Priest was writing Blade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I love Ewing.

Also looks like Blade was in two episodes of the latest Marvel Disk Wars.

And Ronin appears in the newest episode. I haven't seen it yet but I have a sneaking suspicion it is you know who. So Blade may be set to appear in 4 to 5 Marvel Disk Wars episodes.

And let me just say int he two episodes Blade shows up in he i s handled well. He takes on Vampires like a boss. Great sword play, and spinning glave action.

Than we see him take on Baron Blood and hold his own against Avengers like Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Wasp.

Blade got a lot of love on that anime.
    are the english subtitles out yet?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would like to see Blade borrow Doctor Strange villain Silver Dagger. I think the two of them would make good enemies as Silver Dagger is the flip side of Blade. A religious zealot and a sorcerer who began destroying other sorcerers and magical beings as he viewed them as wicked sinners that needed to be executed.

Unlike Blade Silver Dagger doesn't discern between the good supernatural beings and the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I would like to see Blade borrow Doctor Strange villain Silver Dagger. I think the two of them would make good enemies as Silver Dagger is the flip side of Blade. A religious zealot and a sorcerer who began destroying other sorcerers and magical beings as he viewed them as wicked sinners that needed to be executed.

Unlike Blade Silver Dagger doesn't discern between the good supernatural beings and the bad ones.
    That's not so much the flip side of Blade... as it was him during the nightstalker days. Magic users were just as much a target unless he begrudgingly tolerated you 'for now'....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That's not so much the flip side of Blade... as it was him during the nightstalker days. Magic users were just as much a target unless he begrudgingly tolerated you 'for now'....
    exactly. it's one of the more forgotten but integral parts of his history. he literally went insane when dracula accidentally killed himself in tomb of dracula v3 and had to be institutionalized. He wasn't let out until Strange magically altered his thinking. It's been brought back lately, but it was forgotten for all of his solo runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    are the english subtitles out yet?
    no unfortunately. I can do a rough translation of what's being said if you have a particular scenen in mind. My japanese is a little rusty so its not going to be perfect. But I expect sometime in the next month the sub will be out
    The J-man