Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Which Blade stories, or combination of Blade stories do you think would make the best movie?

I think the tomb of dracula mini would be pretty great, just maybe replace that team of abstract characters with frank drake and some of the original tomb of dracula characters. although dracula would be a lot for the first movie, i like how deacon frost was introduced in that mini, and it could set up hannibal king nicely (much better than how they did in the movie trilogy).

out of the 616 Canon the original Tomb of Dracula and that miniseries. Outside of that I'd go with Ultimate Blade's Avenger story but you'd need to tweak it.

Thats about it as far as straight adaptations go, unless your talking about a Spider-Man team up story.

Anyone else watch the new FX show The Strain adapted from Guillermo del Toro's comic? Just saw the first episode and its really good. I love the cast. Felt like a movie. Thats how vampires should be, love Guillermo's take on things. These are the type of vampires Blade should be fighting against.
    The J-man

out of the 616 Canon the original Tomb of Dracula and that miniseries. Outside of that I'd go with Ultimate Blade's Avenger story but you'd need to tweak it.

Thats about it as far as straight adaptations go, unless your talking about a Spider-Man team up story.

Anyone else watch the new FX show The Strain adapted from Guillermo del Toro's comic? Just saw the first episode and its really good. I love the cast. Felt like a movie. Thats how vampires should be, love Guillermo's take on things. These are the type of vampires Blade should be fighting against.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I feel like the ultimate avenger's story would have to take place in a tv show. i dont think it was big enough/done well enough to warrant an entire movie. Ultimates vs. Avengers could make for a cool movie though.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

So far Blade has been a member of: Midnight Sons, Captain Brit.Team(sorry, I forgot the name of the team), Mighty Avengers(does that make him an official Avenger?), Howling Commandos(if that comic is canon and the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon) and The legion of Monsters( the statues in Monster Metropolis).

Mighty Member

70s Blade taking on the Deathwalkers. Can't wait to see what he does when he gets loose next issue:

Incredible Member

If Blade is kept in the Ronin costume minus the mask i might really start to like this character in comic book form.

Mighty Member

Looks like Blade is getting replaced by Spiderman on Mighty Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Is it screw u Blade fans day already at Marvel? Oh well it was fun while it lasted and Eric is pretty much a loner anyway it was only a matter of time before he goes back in the shadows.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Is it screw u Blade fans day already at Marvel? Oh well it was fun while it lasted and Eric is pretty much a loner anyway it was only a matter of time before he goes back in the shadows.
    usually how it goes...about a year and half of appearances, then vanishes for 4 years. i asked Ewing on twitter, so we should know soon enough.

usually how it goes...about a year and half of appearances, then vanishes for 4 years. i asked Ewing on twitter, so we should know soon enough.
    I hope is good news cause I really enjoy his Blade/Ronin angle.

worst comic news I've heard all week.

Well it was good while it lasted oh well.
    The J-man

Hmmm Blade, I Liked the movies, I have the television show box set, May favorite episodes of the 90's spider man cartoon show is the Blade centered ones.

The problem with Blade is that the Vampires of marvel aren't very good.

Don't get me wrong Curse of the Mutants did a lot for marvels vampires, with the Sects and so on. But Marvels Vampire need more of a World of Darkness/ New World of Darkness complexity.

Yes Dracula is the Lord of the Vampires but the most powerful? Vampires have been around 20,000 years (Varney being the first) Dracula the count that inspired him was from the 1400's... There should be some of 1,000-15,000 year old vamp that are near Asgurdian in their abilities.

Not to mention Vampires often suffer from conservation of Ninjitsu. There is an absence of Werewolves in marvel despite the fact they share vampires chthonic roots.

Well that is isn't it, Magic, Fay, were-beasts, Vampires things from common mythology outside of Thor and his ilk are not really embraced at marvel comics.

Morbius a science based vampire like critter got a chance a t a solo series despite being what a c-list character?

Blade is a strong character with a not weak but not a particularly strong world building mythology.

this has been covered a lot but I'll just say it again in response to the previous post.

Blade fights more than just vampire's and its not hard to diversify or expand vampires in the Marvel Universe. We've seen this done in Mighty Avengers and in the Blade anime series.

Other examples would be American Vampire or comics/tv shows like Strain.

Just takes someone actually doing it thats all. If anything classic supernatural monsters have had great success in fiction and world building comes down to the writer not so much the source material. And just cause Marvel's a shared universe doesn't mean it doesn't have its only separate little bubbles. Like the X-men or Marvel space. Ultimate Marvel etc.
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-25-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    The J-man

I'd like them to bring back the nightstalkers.

Have him go back to hunting anything that goes bump in the night!

I loved the Blade from ToD and Nightstalkers, but once the movie came out and they upped his powers... that started taking all the fun out of him for me. The 'half-vampire who hated using powers.....' THAT was hannible king. Or Morbius... We already HAD those characters.

Blade was cooler when he was his own thing.