Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TalibanGodTrapjesusOfjerusalem View Post
    I never got the appeal of the blades daughter thing.the entire idea seem like a low rent version of buffy the vampire slayer.besides blade
    already has a son i would be more interested in that concept especially since blade baby mama was the queen of some superior/unique clan of vampires.it would be interesting to see how his son would turn out.since his father is the chosen and all that jive
    I always wondered if that was going to be Seeley's reveal. Apparently the concept was that Fallon was going to be immediately more powerful than Blade (which rubbed me the wrong way), but it would make sense if it was the child from that other book.

Niffleheim

After Elektro! Like isn't that just asking for the character to royally bomb?

I'm so angry right now, i could spit. i have no idea what i did or why the world is coming for me. but Marvel seems determined to work it's way through my favorite character's list and ruin them.

Night Thrasher (Squirrel Girl'd)
    Nighthawk (killed in a poorly selling book so it's practically off-panel)
    now Blade...

there are only so many black characters with potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm so angry right now, i could spit. i have no idea what i did or why the world is coming for me. but Marvel seems determined to work it's way through my favorite character's list and ruin them.

Night Thrasher (Squirrel Girl'd)
    Nighthawk (killed in a poorly selling book so it's practically off-panel)
    now Blade...

there are only so many black characters with potential.
    Didn't Night Thrasher come back? What's happened to him this time?

Lmfao. In all seriousness I think if Blade were to get recasted I would like to see John Boyega in the role. It could be interesting to see a younger blade if done right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lmfao. In all seriousness I think if Blade were to get recasted I would like to see John Boyega in the role. It could be interesting to see a younger blade if done right.
    Boyega doesn't have the right look. He's got a baby-face. Don't think people would bring him up as much if he weren't british.

Mighty Member

Spirits of Vengeance with Blade is being written by Victor Gischler. Really didn't like how he wrote Blade in X-men, but have to give this a shot.

https://www.newsarama.com/35286-marv...t-it-will.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Spirits of Vengeance with Blade is being written by Victor Gischler. Really didn't like how he wrote Blade in X-men, but have to give this a shot.

Horrible news , marvel should've picked a better writer..

What was wrong with how he wrote Blade?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What was wrong with how he wrote Blade?
    A bit too much of a comic relief character, that wasn't taken seriously in the context of the story. Pretty much had him run from every fight until the very end where he was put down by cyclops easily. of the past few guys who have "recently" written him at length (ewing, cornell, millar), I'd say Gischler was the worst. To be fair, it was an x-men book so he couldn't focus on Blade too much.

Niffleheim

A bit too much of a comic relief character, that wasn't taken seriously in the context of the story. Pretty much had him run from every fight until the very end where he was put down by cyclops easily. of the past few guys who have "recently" written him at length (ewing, cornell, millar), I'd say Gischler was the worst. To be fair, it was an x-men book so he couldn't focus on Blade too much.
    Considering he is a humorous crime fiction writer "comic relief character/Blade" should still be expected but maybe it will change this time around because he is not a cameo (?!) in another franchise.

Willing to give Gischler the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Blade. This book is different than his X-Men, so I'd assume he'd write the central characters with more substance.

Digging the attention Blade's getting lately.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Extraordinary Member

Moreover, those series weren't meant to put over Blade, they were meant to put over Dracula with super hero fans/revamp Vampires in the MU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Considering he is a humorous crime fiction writer "comic relief character/Blade" should still be expected but maybe it will change this time around because he is not a cameo (?!) in another franchise.
    True. I was also just hoping for a different book thematically. A lot of marvel's supernatural stuff seems more comedic these days, especially with deadpool being used to hold up a lot of those characters. I'd hope they'd model the tone more after Thor though. A bit more epic in its storytelling.