Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'd like them to bring back the nightstalkers.

Have him go back to hunting anything that goes bump in the night!

I loved the Blade from ToD and Nightstalkers, but once the movie came out and they upped his powers... that started taking all the fun out of him for me. The 'half-vampire who hated using powers.....' THAT was hannible king. Or Morbius... We already HAD those characters.

Blade was cooler when he was his own thing.
    Well blade doesnt hate using his powers. But I do think itd be cool to see the nightstalkers again. Unfortunately frank drake is probably and old man by now and hannibal king cured his vampiric thirst and vowed to never use his powers again. So we'll probably never see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Well blade doesnt hate using his powers. But I do think itd be cool to see the nightstalkers again. Unfortunately frank drake is probably and old man by now and hannibal king cured his vampiric thirst and vowed to never use his powers again. So we'll probably never see them again.
    Why would Frank be an old man?

Nightstalkers was a contemporary book teaming up with Dan Ketch and Doc Strange and all the other 'modern' characters. I know people want to think of ToD as taking place in the 70's (or earlier) but it was printed in 70's... so it was always meant to be a 'modern' story. JUst have to apply the sliding timeline again....

Last I saw of him, he had blown up (end of Nightstalkers) and was in a coma (Crescent city Blues)... but apparently they wanted to keep the idea of Frank and Hannible merging to for a Dracula for Blade's 1st solo... even though the series didn't last long enough to get that far... and off screen separated again.

Has he shown up anywhere since?

Mighty Member

Why would Frank be an old man?

Nightstalkers was a contemporary book teaming up with Dan Ketch and Doc Strange and all the other 'modern' characters. I know people want to think of ToD as taking place in the 70's (or earlier) but it was printed in 70's... so it was always meant to be a 'modern' story. JUst have to apply the sliding timeline again....

Last I saw of him, he had blown up (end of Nightstalkers) and was in a coma (Crescent city Blues)... but apparently they wanted to keep the idea of Frank and Hannible merging to for a Dracula for Blade's 1st solo... even though the series didn't last long enough to get that far... and off screen separated again.

Has he shown up anywhere since?
    Well the xmen have aged maybe 10 or 15 years since the 90s, no? He'd probably be around 40 or 50 and insane. I think it was referenced in Crescent city blues that he lost it after being blown up.

Well the xmen have aged maybe 10 or 15 years since the 90s, no? He'd probably be around 40 or 50 and insane. I think it was referenced in Crescent city blues that he lost it after being blown up.
    Nahhhhh

These guys don't age in 'real time' or even half-time... The core X-men are still in their 30's. Heck, Kitty is probably in her 20's. She was described in the early astonishing books as 'possibly young enough to date a mature student'... by some wistful kids.

Since the 60's started and these characters started... I'd MAYBE give them 8-15 years... since the 90's?? 5 at most.

blade should continue in mighty avengers regardless. There should be an animated series.

he had one in 2011

The J-man

Mighty Member

Nahhhhh

These guys don't age in 'real time' or even half-time... The core X-men are still in their 30's. Heck, Kitty is probably in her 20's. She was described in the early astonishing books as 'possibly young enough to date a mature student'... by some wistful kids.

Since the 60's started and these characters started... I'd MAYBE give them 8-15 years... since the 90's?? 5 at most.
    Fair enough. I thought kitty had reached her 30s and I know she was a teenager when they ran into dracula the first time. But yeah, frank drake is probably done forever. I could see a Blade series addressing him, that's if we ever get a successful Blade story.

Mighty Member

Ewing confirmed on Twitter that Blade is headed back to the U.K., but he's headed out in style. Ewing said he'd use Blade if no one else did though, and we know no one else will.

Marvel just needs to let Warren Ellis do his Blade story already. Is his pitch no longer valid? Or what about Mark Millar he wanted to do a blade series years ago but Quesada said no.

Whatever at least Expendables 3 is coming out so I get to see Wesley Snipes again, closest I'll get to Blade for a while. Even though the Expendables movies have all been kind of bad I think I will enjoy this one just on pure nostalgia for all the actors.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Marvel just needs to let Warren Ellis do his Blade story already. Is his pitch no longer valid? Or what about Mark Millar he wanted to do a blade series years ago but Quesada said no.

Whatever at least Expendables 3 is coming out so I get to see Wesley Snipes again, closest I'll get to Blade for a while. Even though the Expendables movies have all been kind of bad I think I will enjoy this one just on pure nostalgia for all the actors.
    Yea, i'm just going to enjoy these last few issues...it'll be hard for me to stay interested in comics again after.

BANNED

I heard the movie leaked online already

BANNED

Ewing confirmed on Twitter that Blade is headed back to the U.K., but he's headed out in style. Ewing said he'd use Blade if no one else did though, and we know no one else will.
    was he forced to remove blade from the team to make room for peter parker or something?(i remember dan slott saying in a recent Q&A that marvel basically forced him into bringing back Spider-Man Sooner because he wasn't allowed to do the spiderverse event with superior spider-man and that's basically the only editorial interference he had to deal with)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    was he forced to remove blade from the team to make room for peter parker or something?(i remember dan slott saying in a recent Q&A that marvel basically forced him into bringing back Spider-Man Sooner because he wasn't allowed to do the spiderverse event with superior spider-man and that's basically the only editorial interference he had to deal with)
    No idea, I remember on twitter he was debating whether blade would stick around. I guess he couldnt think of a reason for him to stay. It really sucks, this wouldve been the most high profile book Blades ever been a part of. This probably means blade fans have to wait however many years before ewing thinks about using him again.

Hopefully Marvel has something else planned for him.Maybe Ellis can create some magic like he just did with Moon Knight for a short period.

I would like to see Jim Butcher write Blade rather than Warren Ellis.