Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1276
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I loved that.

agreed. Was not a fan of the character or how Marvel used him.

I don't agree with all the ideas in this video but at least he's thinking outside the box
    On introducing Blade in an upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, I thought the after credits of Doctor Strange with Mordo's "Too many magicians." crusade. I was reminded of Blade's time with the Nightstalkers, Hannibal King and Frank Drake, and their own team statement against all things occult. After how the mystical world fouled up their lives. I could see Blade siding with Mordo joining forces to take out various practitioners of all things mystical.

Mighty Member

Honestly think they should just go with the Damnation storyline for Dr. Strange 2 or 3. Mephisto might require more build up though. Great way to bring in Blade and Ghost Rider. Then maybe you could do the Spirits of Vengeance storyline.

To be honest, I think part of the point of those mini runs was to give the movies some more material to work with.

I like their actor choice. Wouldn't be mad at him or John David Washington.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Blade keeping it 100.

That was mad disrespect. Blade has been doing what she does since before she was born and before she was written on paper. She needs to respeck her senpai.

the funny thing about that scene tho is Elsa Bloodstone has actual fought vampires on panel in one of those oversized monster even books
    The J-man

Fantastic Member

I wonder what Blade and Spitfire do on their downtime? She seems like the sort who has to convince him to take it easy every so often.

Blade Forever!

20 years baby

Last edited by Jabare; 08-21-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    The J-man

Going on my 3rd viewing today!

BLADE AT 20: CINEMATOGRAPHER THEO VAN DE SANDE ON WORKING WITH WESLEY SNIPES AND FILMING THAT BLOOD CLUB SCENE
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/blade-...es-and-filming

The Lasting Influence Of Wesley Snipes’ ‘Blade’ On Comic Book Films 20 Years Later
    https://www.bet.com/celebrities/excl...niversary.html

‘Blade’ Resurrected the Superhero Genre in the Wake of ‘Batman & Robin’
    https://decider.com/2018/08/21/blade...man-and-robin/

Ice Skating Uphill: BLADE And The Pre-Cinematic Universe Superhero Era
    https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08...-superhero-era

I will allow Blood Orange and Bloody Mary drinks in the living room..... for today only
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Blade Forever!

20 years baby

Those are fantastic images.

yep. tons of great images on tumblr and twitter for the 20th anniversary

I will always consider this movie, co-produced and starring Wesley Snipes the unofficial start of the MCU (also you can’t say The Matrix costume dept wasn’t inspired by this movie, especially since they adopted the cinematography technique)
    The J-man

Blade oral history: Wesley Snipes and the cast look back at a modern cult classic

To read the full article with all the quotes and breakdowns from FRANKFURT, STEPHEN DORFF, DONAL LOGUE, SNIPES, SANAA LATHAN & others click on the article link

https://ew.com/movies/2018/07/16/bla...tainmentweekly

THE BEGINNING

PETER FRANKFURT (PRODUCER): This is what you need to know. Basically, Blade is a three-legged stool: [David] Goyer wrote the script, Wesley was Blade and also a producer, and Stephen Norrington the director, he was really the guy, the auteur.

WESLEY SNIPES [PRODUCER AND STAR]: It was kind of serendipitous you know? We were talking about doing Black Panther. But that didn’t come to be, and we never lost the appetite to play in that world. So Blade seemed like a pretty good replacement. Fairly good, I mean — I don’t know if you can take vampires and replace Wakanda. But at the time it was a cool thing. [Laughs]

DAVID GOYER [SCREENWRITER]: I’d been kicking around doing Van Damme movies, that kind of stuff. I had heard that New Line wanted to make a lower-budget black superhero film. At the time Marvel was in bankruptcy, and they’d already sold the rights to X-Men and Spider-Man and a few other things, and I knew they were thinking about Luke Cage, Black Panther.

FRANKFURT: The idea was we would come up with a script for an under-10-million-dollar movie that would be tough and street like Juice — kind of a hip-hop Marvel movie.

GOYER: I suggested Blade, as a trilogy. I remember I came in and said “I’m going to pitch you the Star Wars of black vampire films.” So I pitched it as this racial animosity between the purebloods and the turned vampires, the young Turks like Deacon Frost. And at the same time I wanted to talk about race in a subversive way, and it played into this half-breed idea, if you will — to have one foot in each world and not be accepted by either one.

FRANKFURT: We kept adding scenes like the blood club, these big action beats. And when we finally handed it in, it’s not like any superhero movie anybody’s ever seen. It’s got elements of kung fu, it’s vampire, it’s a genre buster. The bad news is, it’s freaking expensive.

GOYER: At one point the [studio] came to us and said “can Blade be white?” and I said “absolutely f—ing not. Like, that is just terrible. You cannot do that.”

[New Line studio head] Mike DeLuca said “I’ll make it for $40 million if you can get Denzel Washington, 35 if you can get Wesley Snipes, and 20 if you can get Laurence Fishburne.” And that was it. We wanted Wesley.
    The J-man

is there a deluxe blu ray DVD coming out based on the first movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there a deluxe blu ray DVD coming out based on the first movie?
    I wish, but not to my knowledge
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I just read a vice interview for the 20th anniversary (not sure if that's already been posted) where Blade talks about having a few discussions with the people at Marvel and already having two projects that just need a greenlight from them. It seems that they're talking about Blade 4 in the Blade universe though. Not sure if they're written for the MCU or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I just read a vice interview for the 20th anniversary (not sure if that's already been posted) where Blade talks about having a few discussions with the people at Marvel and already having two projects that just need a greenlight from them. It seems that they're talking about Blade 4 in the Blade universe though. Not sure if they're written for the MCU or not.
    curious. I hope the character comes back, whoever plays him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I hope the character comes back, whoever plays him.
    Snipes says he definitely thinks he's the only one who can play him.