Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Whatever help he required Skull could have with his newfound mental powers. It's entirely possible that he used an army of brainwashed zombies to build the camps.

An explaination is kind of irrelevant and unnecessary though. This is comics, where 'super sekret bases' are readily avilable to heroes and villains alike.
    Yeah, I remember from the first Onslaught event, this happened too. But you need a factory to build two Sentinels of that size, and the expertise, and the materials, none of which are in Genosha, unless the Sentinels were built elsewhere and then shipped to Genosha. You would need the Mad Thinker at least to build a Sentinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Very good point. Remender said in an interview that he kept rewriting the series as different characters/teams became available or unavailable, and adjusting for what other writers want to be able to build off of. How many times can you rewrite something like that, making those kinds of changes, before it becomes something of a mess. At some point you have multiple variations of the story in your head, and it's not always clear what's actually on the page and what's only in your head. At that point you either need fresh eyes on the project, or enough of a break to be able to come back to it with fresh eyes yourself, and if anything it seems like this was rushed to the point that wasn't possible.
    If he had to change that much stuff to get this out of the door, he should've just shelved it. Or kept it just to Uncanny Avengers.

Sometimes you have to know when to cut the cord on something.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

All-New Member

Shockingly bad art from a truly great artist
    Last edited by Ninjazilla; 10-19-2014 at 06:50 PM.

I really enjoyed this book. Full disclosure, I was given a copy for free, but I LOVE the idea of "Red Onslaught". I just think such a character needs to be line-wide, not isolated to this storyline. I don't like how the same characters can be involved in several different ongoings at the same time, purportedly in the same universe, and the events in each book stay isolated. A good example was Battle of the Atom. Would Beast have really cared about the young Grey with the Artitects and Thanos of Infinity overhead? This book has the same problem. Why are the events not line-wide? Wouldn't Red Onslaught be a pretty big piece of business, especially since "all the nukes are about to fly"?

Part of the fun of these events is their place in the continuity, but nowadays, which ones are "canonical" and which are not?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    I really enjoyed this book. Full disclosure, I was given a copy for free, but I LOVE the idea of "Red Onslaught". I just think such a character needs to be line-wide, not isolated to this storyline. I don't like how the same characters can be involved in several different ongoings at the same time, purportedly in the same universe, and the events in each book stay isolated. A good example was Battle of the Atom. Would Beast have really cared about the young Grey with the Artitects and Thanos of Infinity overhead? This book has the same problem. Why are the events not line-wide? Wouldn't Red Onslaught be a pretty big piece of business, especially since "all the nukes are about to fly"?

Part of the fun of these events is their place in the continuity, but nowadays, which ones are "canonical" and which are not?
    Easy! Whatever book you're reading at the moment is canon. Live in the moment.

Or everyone else is a Skrull. Whichever makes you sleep easier at night.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    That's a fair point, except for Hickman's books and the events like Infinity that have sprung from them being part of that larger universe as well. Part of the problem with trying to do a really long-running storyline like the ones Hickman tends towards, something is always happening in other titles with the same characters that could mess up the plot if you acknowledge it, screw continuity if you don't.
    See, I disagree. As a returning reader, one who has not read "canonical" marvel for 15 years or so, i felt so betrayed that Beast could go on micro-managing time travelling X-Teams in Battle of the Atom, while in Infinity, he is in space fighting for the survival of the whole universe. I want continuity amoung ALL the mainstream marvel titles. If anything, if it doesn't fit in with the other books starring the characters, isn't a given book a "What If?" story technically?