Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ALL AXIS PASS: Remender On Wolverine's Death, Character Changes & More

Rick Remender unpacks "Avengers & X-Men: AXIS" #1, including rewriting around Wolverine's death and Red Skull's transformation. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Nice art. And even though I'm a wolverine fan I like that mags got in place instead.
    X-Men Forever

Amazing Member

SPOILER ALERT

Issue #1 art sucked. The Scarlet Witch does not fly!!! Can she just hex herself into flight? What kind of concentration would that require? I was not happy with Adam Kubert's half hearted effort. He is supposed to be one of Joe's wunderkind artistic offspring. Did brother Andy get all the talent? All the build up and I paid for this? Story is not everything. I could read a freaking novel if I was only interested in story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnRiel View Post
    The Scarlet Witch does not fly!!! Can she just hex herself into flight? What kind of concentration would that require?
    Not really a fan of Scarlet Witch having the flight ability, but it is a long-established use for her powers. I believe it was back around Avengers #120-ish, I remember seeing her using her probability powers to make an updraft under her similar to how Storm flies. Since then she was trained by Agatha Harkness as a sorceress, so it is highly likely she is flying by magical means. Either way, she's been airborne for quite a while now (and boy are her arms tired).
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Fantastic Member

I love Laura Martin's colors. She has such a splendid palette.
    Currently Reading: A handful of series that will be canceled soon.

Bluebird

As the fight progresses, one of the members of the resistance against Red Onslaught will make a decision that has some pretty interesting ramifications in Issue #3, which deals with some of the less heroic members of the Marvel Universe. What we're setting up in Issue #2 will have a huge status quo shift for Tony, and lead to some very interesting Iron Man comics coming out of the series.
    I think I know who makes that decision and what it is exactly, judging by what happens in the first issue.

Scarlet Witch levitates. She has had this ability for a long time. She learned how to do it through the progression of her magic studies. For an example, see the UA Annual where she meditates above her bed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I love Laura Martin's colors. She has such a splendid palette.
    I liked the art a lot more than I thought I would, and I think some of that comes from the coloring. It's bright, but not too the point of being positive or peppy. It's a little dark, but not depressing. And it really brings out the chaos of the situation without the issue being a muddled mess.

Compared to every other deus ex machina writers have pulled out of the Scarlet Witch over the past few EVER, flying is hardly a big deal.

I enjoyed the first issue, even though it was somewhat disorganized. But I like the approach Remender is taking here. He has a pretty balanced understanding for characters like Cyclops, Iron Man, Magneto, and Havok. I can see where he's coming from on how he brings them together and has them rally against the Red Onslaught. I hope that Cyclops and Havok really do move away from the bitterness that has kept them divided since Avengers vs. X-men. I think Cyclops gets enough of that crap in Uncanny X-men from Beast and Iceman anyways. This is a good time for them to team up again. But I still suspect that they'll find a new reason to become divided by the end. I think both the Avengers and X-men will become far more divided when all is said and done. Remender has spend most of Uncanny Avengers showing how hard it is for these teams to cooperate. And I think this event is going to make it even more difficult in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

All-New Member

I don't know why people are mad about this book. I found myself really enjoyed #1

Amazing Member

Thanks for the confirmations that the Scarlett Witch has indeed flown in the past. I still think the art is rendered poorly but others clearly disagree. I tend not to like anything less than the clarity of Pacheco, Chung, Davis, et al

Amazing Member

Definitely. When I originally wrote the first part of this story, Wolverine was involved. This was before I knew he would be dead. I found, though, that Wolverine being removed from the comic and being removed from the story actually enabled me to focus on characters that aren't necessarily given that much attention.
    Who would've thought????

Quote Originally Posted by UnRiel View Post
    SPOILER ALERT

Issue #1 art sucked. The Scarlet Witch does not fly!!! Can she just hex herself into flight? What kind of concentration would that require? I was not happy with Adam Kubert's half hearted effort. He is supposed to be one of Joe's wunderkind artistic offspring. Did brother Andy get all the talent? All the build up and I paid for this? Story is not everything. I could read a freaking novel if I was only interested in story.
    Heck, at this point she's even shown capable of teleporting (in AvX). She can do a lot of stuff these days beyong hexing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So I assume when Wolvie left in Uncanny Avengers #24 that leads into Death of Wolverine for him.