Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What will happen with the Spider-Man cast?

So with all these rumors flying around that Spidey might be joining the Marvel cinematic Universe, what do you guys think will happen with the current Spider-Man cast? I personally love Andrew,Emma,Dane,etc. I would hate to see them re-cast because imagine a movie with Andrew Garfield and RDJ? Anyways what do you think will happen with the cast and who might they cast if they do decide to get new people?

BANNED

Well, hopefully Andrew sticks around. I like his style.

Emma's character is dead.

I've heard she could play a role in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Pipideed View Post
    I've heard she could play a role in the future
    Is The Jackal supposed to appear in this film series? Because otherwise, no.

(I've heard some people have expressed their opinion that she should play MJ. And that's a horrible idea.)

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Hopefully Andrew stays on, although I wish they hire someone <20 next time.

BANNED

I heard that Emma Stone had a contract to do 3 Amazing Spider-Man movies. Since he character of Gwen was killed off in Amazing Spider-Man 2 there is only one of two ways that she can be in the next movie if the same cast is to even be in the next movie.

1) The Jackal is the villain of the movie and he creates a clone of Gwen.

or (and the most likely version)

2) Her scenes are all flashback scenes of Peter remembering his time with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    I heard that Emma Stone had a contract to do 3 Amazing Spider-Man movies. Since he character of Gwen was killed off in Amazing Spider-Man 2 there is only one of two ways that she can be in the next movie if the same cast is to even be in the next movie.

If there is an ASM 3, they'll probably have Peter see Gwen's ghost. Just as he saw Uncle Ben's ghost in the Raimi trilogy.

Well, Ghost Dad will probably retire now that his reason for being there in the first place is moot. Ghost Gwen may be showing up in his place. Hope not, because Ghost Gwen makes no sense whatsoever. Mourn her death and move on from the Stacys.

I'm really hoping the next movie will be fairly free of love interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post

Stone has explicitly stated that the reason she signed was because Gwen was going die and not coming back, so I think the second one seems more likely. Or the ghost vision as mentioned.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Pretty sure Andrew Garfield and maybe Sally Field will stick around. As for the rest of the cast...what cast? JJJ never appeared, Norman Osborn "died", and Gwen and Officer Stacy both died. I mean, there's still Sinister Six villains but given how poorly TASM2 was received, I'd doubt Disney would want to follow up on that.

Honestly, Disney is in an interesting position if they can actually get back that rights; keep Garfield and have his universe have a timp skip to him freshly graduating College. That way, they manage to maintain goodwill with TASM fans while also performing a soft reboot to start from scratch with a new status quo.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-09-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Default will TASM series and cast continue

with rumors speculating that sony is making a deal with Marvel studios to add spiderman in the MCU probably starting with a guest appearance in the avengers 3 or kingpin being introduced in the sinister six and the female spin-off since sony doesn't own him till probably now, do you believe TASM will still continue and be set in the same universe as the MCU and will the cast from TASM series still reprise their role. i believe the franchise has suffered enough and still need all the help it can get and i really want to see garfield don the suit since he's really passionate about the character and i really think he's the right fit for spiderman even in the MCU.

do you believe the series will still be standing?

BANNED

any thoughts guys? mister mets? tindret? crimson echidna, shaggyD?

I don't. I feel like Marvel likes to have a ton of control with all the movies they make and they're careful whenever they do anything to not damage the continuity. This may not be true but it's the feeling I get. I don't see them molding their continuity around someone else' vision (a vision that muddled in comparison); if Marvel and Disney make a deal, I imagine it'll reboot the franchise (albeit a soft reboot akin to the Hulk movie).

BANNED

as if anyone cares about where trhe hell was spiderman during the invasion? seriously, why would that matter? there are tons of heroes in the MCU and the same effect is gonna happen in the avengers 2 and whether or not spiderman shows up doesn't even matter. sure he's the strongest, wisest, and most agile bbut he's not on the level of the other team nor any other heroes in this universe as well