Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default How Come Tobey's Peter Never Grows As A Character

ever notice how in ther sam raimi films tobey never evolved much into a person like he never shows any signs of maturity and growth of being much confidence. he seems to be stuck on pre-spider bite. just makes the character seem all wooden

It's easier to create scenarios if the character is immature.

Notice, if a character is mature, it's harder to write jokes for them, or make them fall convinently into a scenario.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's easier to create scenarios if the character is immature.

Notice, if a character is mature, it's harder to write jokes for them, or make them fall convinently into a scenario.
    like that god awful opening in the first raimi film? or that other opening in the third spiderman film? or the time that tobey couldn't act his way out of a paper bag or the time where he's aw shawks all the time. i know that peter is nice but he's not george mcfly. not saying i hate geoirge mcfly but that's what tobey is portrayed as but more wooden

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I do think that there was some growth in the second film but alot of it got flushed down the toilet in the third.

Well look at the Iron Man films.

At the end of each film, you think Tony has finally matured, but then he's back to square one, doing something that makes everyone annoyed with him again. It's like the only way he'll ever mature is if he does get someone killed.

BANNED

Well look at the Iron Man films.

At the end of each film, you think Tony has finally matured, but then he's back to square one, doing something that makes everyone annoyed with him again. It's like the only way he'll ever mature is if he does get someone killed.
    aw come on. don't be harsh on tony. sure i am extremelu annoyed with him on 2 but i do love RDJ's portrayal of nthe character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I do think that there was some growth in the second film but alot of it got flushed down the toilet in the third.
    let's not forget about the second half of the second film after he lost his powers. sure he's not spiderman but whenever peter quitted he didn't go back into being the pre ditko version

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    aw come on. don't be harsh on tony. sure i am extremelu annoyed with him on 2 but i do love RDJ's portrayal of nthe character.
    RDJ is great, but his character starts to grain on me. He just doesn't seem like he's growing up. And it's annoys me how much they use the manchild as the hero example in films these days.

BANNED

RDJ is great, but his character starts to grain on me. He just doesn't seem like he's growing up. And it's annoys me how much they use the manchild as the hero example in films these days.
    i get what you mean.maybe it was a way to make them more human and let them have some escapism but at times they kinda go overboard with this

let's not forget about the second half of the second film after he lost his powers. sure he's not spiderman but whenever peter quitted he didn't go back into being the pre ditko version
    Peter did grow in character in the second film (the real issue was that he was always losing his mask). The third film wiped this away with the poor handling of the symbiote story. It should have been a serious tale about Peter's morality struggling with the symbiote's predatory nature but instead we got bad dancing which killed any gravitas.

i get what you mean.maybe it was a way to make them more human and let them have some escapism but at times they kinda go overboard with this
    Kinda what they did with Coulson. I loved Coulson when he was just an everyday guy. But then he became Fury's right hand, the kung fu master, and suddenly leading his own teams and operations. That's when he became just another superhero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Peter did grow in character in the second film (the real issue was that he was always losing his mask). The third film wiped this away with the poor handling of the symbiote story. It should have been a serious tale about Peter's morality struggling with the symbiote's predatory nature but instead we got bad dancing which killed any gravitas.
    let's not forget how it was handled.

-bring bad actress as gwen stacey to dance

-badly flirt with waitress

-dance like john travolta like saturday night fever

-get angry at mj and guards

-slap mj

-feel guilty

-take off suit

how dissapointing do you think that scenerio played out?

-slap mj

-feel guilty

-take off suit

Peter's "aggressive tango" with Gwen was just awful and awkward and even worse than the "douchebag street dance." They could done a really emotional scene about how Peter was changing on the inside.

-slap mj

-feel guilty

-take off suit

You know, people keep ragging on Spider-Man 3 for the dancing, and yet they let GOTG fly with that. Why is that?

BANNED

Kinda what they did with Coulson. I loved Coulson when he was just an everyday guy. But then he became Fury's right hand, the kung fu master, and suddenly leading his own teams and operations. That's when he became just another superhero.
    i don't mind coulsen growing as a character considering i stopped watching agents of shield after the first half of episode 3 when those science twins started opening their motuhs investgating about what a nerdy version of graviton did to that truck. i also certaintly don't mind him being professionally trained since he is a great combatant who worked with shield for like years