Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Punisher #11 Spoilers

There are two great surprises in this issue, one of them will blow your mind and the other was a bit expectable.
    First of all we see Sam visiting her friend Lou and he is in coma, more and more she is walking the way to becoming a vigilante and doing justice by his own hands we will get a glimpse on that.

Frank had a "secret" mission in the prison, he was looking for Ruiz because of a deal he make with Black Widow in the end of issue #9. At that time it seemed to me an awkward ending. He didn't put up a fight with her and she behaved like a *#$%& by sending Frank to prison after he helped her in the boat. But it was planned by both.

After getting the info he needs, he calls to inform her and she even call him "Francis" his original name before he entered to the marines and change it to Frank. It was a great touch by Edmondson.

Remember in the first issues when Frank talked about the only friend he trusts that left him/her in L.A.? It was revealed and guess what Rachel Cole-Alves is back, she pick him up and the two are getting back to L.A. Frank seemed a bit lost regarding his mission but quickly she make him remember and getting on the right track to bring down Dos Soles, again.

The Howling Commandos take down a member of the Castiglione family, i don't have a clue who she is... Maybe a sister of Frank or a cousin, what we know is that she changed her name, i might guess because of Frank and we see the Howling Commandos raiding her house with her family in it.

Edmondson just blow my mind when i saw Rachel pick up Frank and there are many players in this book that will add interesting stuff. The brother of Guillermo Del Sol, Sam, Rachel, Howling Commandos and the unknown Castiglione family member. The plot for this issue was flawless and we got pretty good fight scene with Castle vs prison guards and Sam doing justice for her friend Lou. Great stuff.

Mitch Gerads art is very consistent he knows how to make a brawl fight and like always he was accurate. It's good seeing some "day" colors in this book, we have seen it last issue and in this one. The cover is a great piece of artwork.

Can't wait for next issue! Now the worst... the wait for it.

OVERALL RATE: 8.5 out of 10

This issue was great. What issue was it revealed that he has a friend in LA?

Great issue, the Rachel appearance bumps it up a star for me. I don't really want to see sam go down the dark route since that's a tired cliche.
    We need better comics

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I was stoked to see Rachel Cole-Alves; I hope both of them take on the 'Howling Commandos'.

BANNED

The art in this issue is amazing, especially the pages where Frank is getting knocked around by the prison guards.

I'm glad it was revealed that Frank and Widow were in cahoots because Natasha handing him over left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm also curious as to who this Castiglione is, perhaps a cousin? If so, the Howling Commandos are in for a world of hurt.

It's a shame this book doesn't sell more.
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-08-2014 at 05:55 PM.

how much of frank's extended family is even alive? Were they ever even acknowledged before?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    how much of frank's extended family is even alive? Were they ever even acknowledged before?
    To my knowledge, no. He had a daughter in Punisher MAX, but other than his deceased parents, I don't remember any mention of 616 Frank's extended family. However, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by sprior93; 10-08-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    This issue was great. What issue was it revealed that he has a friend in LA?
    You have to look for issue 3 to 6. He mentioned a friend he left in NY.. It was really great reading that Frank consider her as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    Can't wait for next issue! Now the worst... the wait for it.

OVERALL RATE: 8.5 out of 10
    This was much better than the last couple issues. Cautiously optomistic about next ish.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I was stoked to see Rachel Cole-Alves; I hope both of them take on the 'Howling Commandos'.
    Her backstory is certainly more interesting than how the HC subplot has been playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    The art in this issue is amazing, especially the pages where Frank is getting knocked around by the prison guards.
    The art was servicable at best. Agreed, the fight scene was good. But the art isn't doing it for me. And the one hued colouring in half the book seems like just lazy choices. I really had to look twice to tell the diff tween Rachel and Sammy. What was the significance of that cover? And what the heck did this blood panel mean?:
    BLOOD.jpg
    I'm glad it was revealed that Frank and Widow were in cahoots because Natasha handing him over left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm also curious as to who this Castiglione is, perhaps a cousin? If so, the Howling Commandos are in for a world of hurt.
    That was a HUGE relief and WELCOME flashback.

It's surprising the book doesn't have cancellation rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That was a surprise appearance for sure. Not sure Frank wouldn't have taken steps to cover their ID connection to him since he hasn't mentioned them ever. It's a minor sore point 'til they clear it up.

Preview.
    PUN2014011-DC11-79e23.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    You have to look for issue 3 to 6. He mentioned a friend he left in NY.. It was really great reading that Frank consider her as a friend.
    Well they are both Marines. Oorah.

I had never really read The Punisher before and started with this series because of Edmunson, and the move to L.A. intrigued me. This series has gripped me since issue 1 and i loved it, and I really enjoyed this issue. Felt tighter and focused and the Black Widow reveal was great. (I did now about Rachel from a tie-in with DD and Spider-Man, so I was glad to see her back too.)

For all you Punisher fans, what are some solid runs to pick up? I keep hearing about Ennis. Where to start on some of the recent stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    It's surprising the book doesn't have cancellation rumors.
    Experience tells me that if it stays above 25k it's ok, but before cancelling this run they have to start with the others below the Punisher like Black Widow, Elektra and others.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    For all you Punisher fans, what are some solid runs to pick up? I keep hearing about Ennis. Where to start on some of the recent stuff?
    If i were you i would buy Greg Rucka's Punisher, it's the previous run to this one and it will give you the backstory of Rachel Cole Alves. Buy Punisher 1-16 + Punisher War-Zone 1-5 everything written by Rucka. This run picks up after that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themortalfist View Post
    Like Bionder said, Rucka's Punisher is a good read and will introduce Rachel. If you want more 616 stuff then I recommend Remender's work, but know that it's atypical of most Punisher runs and may be a little jarring.

As for Ennis, there's a reason you keep hearing about him. The Punisher MAX series is widely considered to be the 'definitive' take on the character and was a critical/commercial success. I highly recommend it, just know that it's not part of the main MU.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post

Agreed.
    I really would like to see more Punisher/Black Widow team-ups.
    ...and maybe some fights.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Thanks! I love Rucka so that's not going to be a problem!