Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This is the other thread for #7, about the Spider-Verse stuff.
    Yeah, I'd just come back to realize that I'd clicked on the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, I'd just come back to realize that I'd clicked on the wrong thread.
    's cool. It can be a little confusing at first glance.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Meme-ing.

This is fun...

tumblr_mb6896AMxD1rfr9b0o1_500.jpg
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Who remembers this?

Context: the Spider-Friends went to a costume party. Angelica went as Spider-Woman. Bobby went as Captain America. Pete cheaped out and went as himself, but in a crappier mask. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. So they were just shown deceased? Not the actual fight? That's what annoys me, frankly. I want to see actual portrayals.

Where is the ORIGINAL 1960s animated Spider-Man?
    He will be in Spider-Verse. Assuming he doesn't die before then. He's in it, so is Supaidaman and Electric Company Spider-Man- among the strange TV versions.

You know what I want? A story with 67 cartoon Spidey going on a wacky adventure and Morlun goes into that world and Spidey swings away from him for 15 minutes of stock footage and gets his ass kicked until another weird Spider-Man saves him and he goes "WALLOPIN WEBSNAPPERS, OTHER DIMENSIONS? SOUNDS LIKE TUESDAY FOR ME"

Amazing Member

Good god, comic fans can get mad about anything. It's a one-off single page reference to something that hasn't been relevant for literally over 30 years. Are this many people going to throw a fit if someone comes along and disrespects the memory of beloved fan favorite and single appearance ever having former X-Man Changeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's a pretty major retcon since they were never intended to be the same show at all. Different animators, different production staff, different voice actors, different writers, completely different origins for all the characters.
    I was an avid follower of the original when it aired and I can tell you point blank that they pretty blatantly advertised Unlimited as a continuation of the original. Major differences takes a backseat to PR when it comes to intent here considering none of that Fox animation stuff could keep its continuity straight anyway (And I'm not talking "Iron Fist was colored wrong in this panel" continuity flubs or "obscure character A would never work with Obscure Characer B," I'm talking "pretty much every appearance of Angel in X-Men is a continuity mess).

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    Good god, comic fans can get mad about anything. It's a one-off single page reference to something that hasn't been relevant for literally over 30 years. Are this many people going to throw a fit if someone comes along and disrespects the memory of beloved fan favorite and single appearance ever having former X-Man Changeling?

I was an avid follower of the original when it aired and I can tell you point blank that they pretty blatantly advertised Unlimited as a continuation of the original. Major differences takes a backseat to PR when it comes to intent here considering none of that Fox animation stuff could keep its continuity straight anyway (And I'm not talking "Iron Fist was colored wrong in this panel" continuity flubs or "obscure character A would never work with Obscure Characer B," I'm talking "pretty much every appearance of Angel in X-Men is a continuity mess).
    Ha! Remember when Cable debuted on X-Men TWICE? Or the mess with Bishop's appearances?

Meanwhile, the Marvel Wiki is saying there are two Unlimited Universes because the one who appeared this week wore a blue mask instead of red....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Ha! Remember when Cable debuted on X-Men TWICE? Or the mess with Bishop's appearances?

Meanwhile, the Marvel Wiki is saying there are two Unlimited Universes because the one who appeared this week wore a blue mask instead of red....
    Oh jeez, I'd forgotten that. Didn't they eventually end up kind of retconning it?

X-Men had some fun episodes (One Man's Worth especially) but it was a complete mess. Spider-Man was a mess too, but the quality was pretty bad in retrospect.

Neither holds a candle to Marvel animation's more recent output (SSM and WatXM especially) or the nineties Batman (Still the gold standard of comic book animation, arguably even comic book multimedia entirely).

Of course people are going to get upset and annoyed when something they liked is killed off to hype an event. It not only doesn't make them annoyed but it becomes the opposite effect on us. I'm NOT excited for Spiderverse because it's just shaping up to be the Spider-Man equivalent of Countdown or if you don't like that comparison the multiverse equivalent in Ultimatum. You can have all these different Spider-Men interacting and instead they're killed off and given less dignity than Wrestling Jobbers. I think if they could've used the animated Spectacular Spider-Man he would've been killed off in one panel.

Oh jeez, I'd forgotten that. Didn't they eventually end up kind of retconning it?

X-Men had some fun episodes (One Man's Worth especially) but it was a complete mess. Spider-Man was a mess too, but the quality was pretty bad in retrospect.

Neither holds a candle to Marvel animation's more recent output (SSM and WatXM especially) or the nineties Batman (Still the gold standard of comic book animation, arguably even comic book multimedia entirely).
    Spectacular Spider-Man maybe but Wolverine and the X-men isn't all that great.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Saw the scans on scan daily, thanks Dan for helping me save 3.99. Also emac1790 is their are alternate versions of the variants. So I guess Spider-Girl will lose Benjy and Benjy will probably be eaten in one gulp by Morlun with Spider-Girl donning an all black costume and a dark attitude towards life complete with a trench coat.
    Daemos is the one attacking Spider-Girl and her family, not Morlun.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Near the end of Unlimited, they did an episode with Venom that recreated almost shot-for-shot flashback segments from "The Alien Costume" in Spidey:TAS.
    There were actually several times where they implied a connection with TAS. Unlimited had several references to TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    All I'm saying is this...

If Slott kills off Mayday Paker (MC2 Spider-Girl) he better also kill off 616 Spider-Girl (Anya). If we can't have the original Spider-Girl to be a alive and well at the end of Spider-Verse then there should be no Spider-Girls at the end of Spider-Verse.

Kill off one of the few Puerto Rican Heroes? No thank you. Especially since Anya has to team up with Kamala at some point.

No offence, but that's ridiculous, especially since May and Anya are not even from the same universe

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    How about "showing" them putting up a good fight. So it doesn't look like they went down like chumps and are thus "inferior" to the main universe Spider-Man. That's not too much to ask.
    It was already shown that they can't fight the Inheritors by themselves, it's why Otto and Spider-Man UK are recruiting spiders.

Besides, the back up focused on Spider-Man UK, no point on spending much time seeing someone else fight. The point was for Spidey UK to find out of the Inheritors.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 10-10-2014 at 08:38 PM.

I think than Anya could have a chance, but I insist, May doesn't count with the Editorial favor. She represents an specific event than Marvel wants to remove from the fans memories.
    Just ask yourselves: why Spider-Gwen wasn't Spider-MJ?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than Anya could have a chance, but I insist, May doesn't count with the Editorial favor. She represents an specific event than Marvel wants to remove from the fans memories.
    'Caaaaause Gwen recently starred in a movie and people love Emma Stone?

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Because there are already several Spider-MJ's. Hell, even 616 MJ has gotten Spider Powers at one point

This is the first time we've gotten an AU with Gwen became Spider-Woman. There's also the fact that this is a universe where Gwen didn't get fridged.

Fantastic Member

Spider-MJ's were never popular. And they all had uninspired costumes that only accentuated her assets.

i can kind of see where the anger is coming from regarding the deaths of childhood characters, but it all comes from how you choose to look at it.

why is a hero dying or failing a "slap in the face?". is the only way to "respect" a character to have them win ad nauseam? let's be truthful here- the ONLY reason 616 Spidey and all other heroes tend to win and cheat death consistently is because they are franchise fiction characters. they're not allowed to die. death in heroic fiction can supply gravitas and it can supply pathos and it is not only natural, it's the risk and price of heroism at times. it's a little convenient and contrived that death hasn't really been an issue for the main universe characters. death is cheap in superhero land.

what do i get from the death of amazing spider friends spidey? it's a little sad from a nostalgic point, but it drives home a salient point: that sort of innocent and child-like sense of adventure, as endearing as it is, can not thrive or succeed in the harsher realities of a mature world. and that is sad and harsh, but it's true.

there's something even more heroic about a superhero who lives in a gentler universe, where nobody seems to truly die or get hurt and everything is just one big adventure who suddenly goes up against an invader from a darker more brutal existence that he has NO CHANCE against. we can all use our imagination to fill in the blanks, and i'll bet that even with his simplistic morality and more sheltered existence, that version of spidey did not hesitate for a second.

i kind of like that idea.

and for the sake of reality, is there anyway anyone here can imagine that version of spiderman being able to defeat morlun?