Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Not as much "OH GOD OH GOD HE'S EATING SPIDEY!"
    Thank you for making me laugh. I needed that after the annoyance that coming home from work by public transit was today. Also, Marvel better watch its back if Spider-Girl/Mayday, Benjy, and/or their parents die in this. Fans don't take too kindly to their favorite characters being gruesomely murdered, especially when it dovetails all too closely with certain admitted or alluded agendas held by key figures in the creative/editorial hierarchy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thank you for making me laugh. I needed that after the annoyance that coming home from work by public transit was today. Also, Marvel better watch its back if Spider-Girl/Mayday, Benjy, and/or their parents die in this. Fans don't take too kindly to their favorite characters being gruesomely murdered, especially when it dovetails all too closely with certain admitted or alluded agendas held by key figures in the creative/editorial hierarchy.
    Do the Parkers have a dog? Ms. Lion II? Though, really, I'd be more distraught if their dog died.

I do look forward to readers complaining no matter who dies.

he killed spiderman unlimited....

I loved that show

You know whose fault this is? Wolverine's. And now he's dead and nobody can do anything about it.

curious. So they were just shown deceased? Not the actual fight? That's what annoys me, frankly. I want to see actual portrayals.

Where is the ORIGINAL 1960s animated Spider-Man?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-09-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. So they were just shown deceased? Not the actual fight? That's what annoys me, frankly. I want to see actual portrayals.

Meme-ing.

(This was probably the only meme I could post without getting banned. But run a Google Images search on "Spider-Man meme" and be prepared to laugh your head off.)

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Over on Twitter, Slott is saying that 90s Animated Spidey and Spidey Unlimited are the same guy. Make of that what you will. I caution that Slott is the writer of the books, not the guys over at the Marvel Wiki. If he's declaring Spidey Unlimited to be dead, then he's DEAD and there never as an Earth-751263. Same probably applies to the Amazing Friends.
    Well, it is a wiki. Marvel hasn't officially stated Ultimate Monica Chang is dead yet they listed her as dead because one of the moderators, with zero proof, "felt" that she she "could" be dead because her face was burned even though we've had characters survive worse. So I'm not surprised that they're ignoring what Dan Slott did and are trying to make it out as a different universe because they don't "feel" that it's the same universe and they "interpreted" it as a different alternate version.

Good luck trying to get them to pull an official source that contradict's Dan Slott said and what was in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    All I'm saying is this...

If Slott kills off Mayday Paker (MC2 Spider-Girl) he better also kill off 616 Spider-Girl (Anya). If we can't have the original Spider-Girl to be a alive and well at the end of Spider-Verse then there should be no Spider-Girls at the end of Spider-Verse.

I would prefer Mayday being the only surviving Spider-Girl, but I rather them all be dead than to have a Spider-Girl survive that isn't Mayday Parker who is the one, the only, and the original Spider-Girl.
    I don't believe Dan created Anya and that's extremely spiteful to want Anya, and all Spider-Girl's, dead because she/they happens to also be Spider-Girl and Anya has a possible future in Avenger books. Besides, Anya didn't even start as Spider-Girl anyway.

Why? Because it's comics and the entertainment industry. Because you're dealing with a group of storytellers who tell the story they want to tell, continuity and fan desires be damned. Ever watch the Star Trek shows in the 90s? Ever compare the Clone Wars cartoons to what had already been established in the comics and novels? They contradict all the time to suit the needs of the storytellers at the time. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, it's just what it is. More than likely, Slott doesn't care about fan wishes or what Earth an unofficial Wiki says the AF were on. If he intended to kill them, they're dead. If another writer wants them back, they will be.

I would, however, point you back to my post on page two where I discuss how the Earths get their numbers. A lot of it is fan driven and Marvel simply nods its head. If Slott wants to renumber AF world from 8107 to 1983, that probably controls. If you want to believe 8107 still exists and is happily untouched, then ignore Twitter and read what you like and how you like.
    So much truth here. Marvel and Storywriters > Fan Wikis and if Dan intended for these to be the AFs than they're the AF's and they're now dead no matter what a fan says. It's simple the reality of things and fan wiki's are supposed to represent that and not their own opinions.

Besides, even if MC2 Mayday dies there's still Earth-X Mayday who may or may not die in RR's Kang Story.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-09-2014 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

I also found out years ago that unlimited continued with the comics and I don't believe the real unlimited is really dead ar this point. Plus felicia the rat lady looks alot different does she?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I think he's one of the "off-limits" Spideys, along with those from the 90s TAS and Spectacular cartoons.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I think he's one of the "off-limits" Spideys, along with those from the 90s TAS and Spectacular cartoons.
    Wow, that's surprising as I assumed that Marvel and Disney have the rights to the 60's and 90's Spider-man cartoon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Slott believes that 90s TAS and Unlimited Spidey are the same guy. (In a "spiritual" sense, they are, but purists see them as different guys.) So if Slott's take is correct, then 90s TAS Spidey also died yesterday.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Slott believes that 90s TAS and Unlimited Spidey are the same guy. (In a "spiritual" sense, they are, but purists see them as different guys.) So if Slott's take is correct, then 90s TAS Spidey also died yesterday.
    vlcsnap-2014-08-13-14h04m56s146.jpg

Only you, Dan Slott, can prevent comicbook/cartoon character death. Only you.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Seems to be the case until Marvel or another writer, after Slott is gone from Spider-Man in the future for whatever reason, says otherwise

Oops! My bad.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I'm not too concerned for any Anna Maria heel turn judging by the scene. She's trying to help Peter, and she's actually kind of right. xD

Otto is/was a jerk, but he wasn't completely wrong about /everything/.
    This is the other thread for #7, about the Spider-Verse stuff.