View Poll Results: Would you like to see Spider-man in Avengers 3?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 58.54%
  • No

12 29.27%
  • Don't care

5 12.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default Would you like to see Spider-man in Avengers 3?

With the rumor mill going ten to the dozen about Marvel and Sony looking to make a deal, I thought I'd ask:

Would you like to see Spider-man in Avengers 3?

If so, in what capacity and would you like it to be a continuation of the ASM franchise (i.e. Andrew Garfield under the mask)?

If not, why?

I'd love a cameo but, unless he is going to be essential to stopping the threat, I don't want to see him as just another body in the mix or comic relief.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Voted No, as for reasons much along your own really. I'd rather that Spider-Man was in the MCU under his own banner and not just as a gimmick to sell more cinema tickets. I think the vast majority of the GA aren't bothered about Spider-Man being in Avengers 3 at all. Additionally it wouldn't really serve any purpose to him being there. A cameo or mention or other reference yes, but in the line-up? not for me.

There's few ways to improve the fact that we are seeing Avengers movies in this reality.

Adding Spidey to the team is one of them.

PS: It would reflect the comics too

PSS: I don't want to hear anything about ASM2 in an Avengers film though.
    Last edited by normanosborn; 10-09-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Not really, or at the very least not right now. I like Spidey in his own universe.
    But I agree that a cameo would be fine.

I love Spidey, but I think he's better on his own.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Nah. Spidey never fit as a full-time team member during the comics either; keep them in separate films.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Indifferent, he'll either have all the limelight or be relegated to the background, either way it will probably have little affect on the quality of the movie.

No.

I believe Spider-Man would be great in Avengers but Avengers has established their story and their stories have been good. Spider-Man, not so much. I would rather have a decent Spider-Man story before he's in Avengers.
    I love comics and make art. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ARose...9658123?ref=hl

I have always said the perfect time they could have had a Spider-Man cameo in the MCU was in The Avengers as Iron Man falls back into the atmosphere down into NYC rather than Hulk jumping and catching him it could have been Spider-Man making a net out of his webs to catch Iron Man. But hey if they can manage something in Avengers 3, why not?

The way I see it, if somehow Spider-Man gets to be in Avengers 3 as a main character AND if Age of Ultron does really well box office and critically, then I would be able to see live action Spider-Man directed by Joss Whedon.

As far as wanting things as a comic book fan, that's really up there on the list.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Fantastic Member

Yes! It would be the best thing ever. I hope that they work something out. The bigger the part, the better but even a cameo is better than nothing. Maybe a Spider-Man Team Up movie with Disney and Sony in partnership
    Last edited by RD!; 10-09-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    The way I see it, if somehow Spider-Man gets to be in Avengers 3 as a main character AND if Age of Ultron does really well box office and critically, then I would be able to see live action Spider-Man directed by Joss Whedon.

As far as wanting things as a comic book fan, that's really up there on the list.
    Yeah, I think Sony should settle for this kinda deal: give creative control of the ASM series to Marvel but still take a large cut of the profits. Everyone wins.

Yes.

I would like to see my favorite character in a Joss Whedon film.

Plus, Spider-Man appeared in the stories that seem to serve as the basis for the film (Avengers Annual #7, Infinity Gauntlet.)

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Plus, Spider-Man appeared in the stories that seem to serve as the basis for the film (Avengers Annual #7, Infinity Gauntlet.)
    And, of course, Spidey Super-Stories #39 featuring the first appearance of the dread Thanoscopter!!!

Anyway, Whedon + Spidey = my cup of tea... And I'm English so, as everyone knows our love for tea, your realise that means a lot.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

i'd love whedon to do that but i don't eblieve spiderman serves best in the avengers. lately he has been treated as the aquaman of the group and the current froster of the avengers is too overhyped. he's better off street level.

unless you give me examples and scans of spiderman being more useless to the team and the story my mind will be changed.