Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Thank You Chris Claremont.

I don't care what anyone says about Claremont. He has never written an x-book i haven't enjoyed or purchased. I know this post might be deleted and i'm cool with that i just never make main posts and wanted to thank the man. Nightcrawler #7 is the best X-MEN book i have read in years and i'm not the biggest nightcrawler fan. So once again hats off to you Mr. Claremont, i got into comics when i was little because of the X-men cartoon and Storm is my fave character but man this book was gold.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about Claremont. He has never written an x-book i haven't enjoyed or purchased. I know this post might be deleted and i'm cool with that i just never make main posts and wanted to thank the man. Nightcrawler #7 is the best X-MEN book i have read in years and i'm not the biggest nightcrawler fan. So once again hats off to you Mr. Claremont, i got into comics when i was little because of the X-men cartoon and Storm is my fave character but man this book was gold.
    I'll second that!

Christ Claremont?

You clearly weren't kidding when you said you owe him gratitude. (Sorry. I know it's a misspelling, but I couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Christ Claremont?

You clearly weren't kidding when you said you owe him gratitude. (Sorry. I know it's a misspelling, but I couldn't resist.)
    lol. yeah. I quickly found out i couldn't edit it.

I love CC. I loved him since i was a little. Best stories ever created.

BANNED

He's had more good than bad, but he's had bad. Try "Sovereign Seven" or his Exiles run. Then again, I'd challenge anyone to write as long as he has as often as he has and not have some stinkers.

Incredible Member

I didn't like Xmen: Forever , X-men: The End, or his run on X-treme X-men because Forever just felt like really bad fanfiction from Claremont which was heartbreaking to me. I thought he had lost touch when he came back to the X-titles in the 2000's, however he seems to have gotten his mojo back on Nightcrawler and gotten back to what made his stories so compelling and heartfelt in the first place. But like CSTowle said that when someone has been writing as long it's inevitable he will throw some stinkers out there but Im happy to be proven wrong of the demise of Chris Claremont's abilities as a writer.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Since the title of the thread is "Thanks CC", I wish to thank him so very much for his first three lustrums in X-universe (UXM, New Mutants and Excalibur) --no less. Nothing will ever remove those hundred wonderful stories. I believe it's a great legacy.

yes thank you CC

serioulsy one of the best issues I've ever read!
    Todd Nauck's art was brilliant to! 10's across the board for me!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

CC comes back every now and then, brings out a series and then goes again. Worst thing ever was X-Men Forever, terrible.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I love CC. I loved him since i was a little. Best stories ever created.
    No one writes Nightcrawler, Rogue or Wolverine like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    No one writes Nightcrawler, Rogue or Wolverine like he does.
    quoted for the truth!

BANNED

Dear CC, Thank you for the Nightcrawler series you so graciously bestow upon us; that in the pool of mediocrity that has become the X-Men books, there is a shining beacon of hope. May your reign last until the end of time. In the name of Christ Claremont and the holy spirit. Amen.

No but seriously.....I like this book

I have to add that CC is one of the best writers to ever work for Marvel, and hands down the best X-Men storyteller. Not only are the stories good, but his vast knowledge of the Marvel universe makes the stories fit naturally, X-Men or not.

The people who write stories for the X-Men these days, you wonder if they ever read an X-Men comic book. Because it sure doesn't seem like it. It's in large part Marvel's fault that I don't read X-Men anymore (or anything from Marvel), but the writing doesn't help.

At least we'll have the golden Claremont years to re-read.