Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thank You Chris Claremont.

I don't care what anyone says about Claremont. He has never written an x-book i haven't enjoyed or purchased. I know this post might be deleted and i'm cool with that i just never make main posts and wanted to thank the man. Nightcrawler #7 is the best X-MEN book i have read in years and i'm not the biggest nightcrawler fan. So once again hats off to you Mr. Claremont, i got into comics when i was little because of the X-men cartoon and Storm is my fave character but man this book was gold.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about Claremont. He has never written an x-book i haven't enjoyed or purchased. I know this post might be deleted and i'm cool with that i just never make main posts and wanted to thank the man. Nightcrawler #7 is the best X-MEN book i have read in years and i'm not the biggest nightcrawler fan. So once again hats off to you Mr. Claremont, i got into comics when i was little because of the X-men cartoon and Storm is my fave character but man this book was gold.
    I'll second that!

Christ Claremont?

You clearly weren't kidding when you said you owe him gratitude. (Sorry. I know it's a misspelling, but I couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Christ Claremont?

You clearly weren't kidding when you said you owe him gratitude. (Sorry. I know it's a misspelling, but I couldn't resist.)
    lol. yeah. I quickly found out i couldn't edit it.

I love CC. I loved him since i was a little. Best stories ever created.

BANNED

He's had more good than bad, but he's had bad. Try "Sovereign Seven" or his Exiles run. Then again, I'd challenge anyone to write as long as he has as often as he has and not have some stinkers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I love CC. I loved him since i was a little. Best stories ever created.
    No one writes Nightcrawler, Rogue or Wolverine like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Christ Claremont?
    He died for the focused totality of all our sins.

Now it's my turn.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree with this. I got into comics and grew to appreciate this medium thanks to Mr Claremont writing and care for his characters and the world he build around them. So I would like to say Thank you
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Anyone who has met him in person probably knows he tells some great stories. I met him at a signing a few years ago and heard him tell a great story about how he never wanted to write Man Thing but Jim Shooter told him the only way he was getting off the book was to kill himself...so he wrote himself into the story and killed himself. I thought that was great.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Anyone who has met him in person probably knows he tells some great stories. I met him at a signing a few years ago and heard him tell a great story about how he never wanted to write Man Thing but Jim Shooter told him the only way he was getting off the book was to kill himself...so he wrote himself into the story and killed himself. I thought that was great.
    I think I've heard him tell that story too
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

New / Exiles wasn't that bad. First few issues of New Excalibur was good too. I liked most of X-Men Forever, maybe not so much 2 but it had some gems. Then Nightcrawler is classic Claremont.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    New / Exiles wasn't that bad. First few issues of New Excalibur was good too. I liked most of X-Men Forever, maybe not so much 2 but it had some gems. Then Nightcrawler is classic Claremont.
    For me, X-Men Forever and X-Men: The End were just horrible...painful to read, even.

I got to meet Mr. Claremont, and other X-greats yesterday, and it was great to tell him, Bob McLeod, & Peter David Thank You and that they are the reason I read comics. I just wish that I got to meet Louise Simonson, Kieron Gillen, and Bill Sienkiewicz and tell them Thank you as well.

Claremont is so passionate about these characters and to listen to him talk about the books, the movies, and the legalities of the rights was so great. He truly is the architect of the X-Men.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    I got to meet Mr. Claremont, and other X-greats yesterday, and it was great to tell him, Bob McLeod, & Peter David Thank You and that they are the reason I read comics.
    I'm glad you did it, specially for Mr. McLeod, a modest but wonderful artist who didn't yield to "in style".