Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thanks for writing a scene about Wolverine and Nightcrawler getting drunk and talking about religion and mortality.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

The man gave us Kitty Pryde and Lockheed and made Magik into a viable character! He is the best! Plus so many other characters and stories, he should have the Stan Lee check treatment. If he doesn't already
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

“The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I have to add that CC is one of the best writers to ever work for Marvel, and hands down the best X-Men storyteller. Not only are the stories good, but his vast knowledge of the Marvel universe makes the stories fit naturally, X-Men or not.

The people who write stories for the X-Men these days, you wonder if they ever read an X-Men comic book. Because it sure doesn't seem like it. It's in large part Marvel's fault that I don't read X-Men anymore (or anything from Marvel), but the writing doesn't help.

At least we'll have the golden Claremont years to re-read.
    When Claremont was good, he was great...but he's generally not that great anymore...he can still do the smaller stories well (like this Nightcrawler series) but he really can't handle a major series anymore...most of his good ideas have been used already, he tends to fixate on certain things (and not the better things), and he seems to try too hard just to do things no one else has done before rather than concentrating on telling good stories.

He's still my favorite x-writer...but from the classic years...not his more recent work.

I've already thanked him in person a few times, but I like this thread and I agree!

Plus thanks for signing NC #1 for me and listening to me ramble on about Colossus
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

The man, the myth, the legend.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

hot2death.

the beard, the vest, the insouciant devil-may-care attitude, dare I say, the PROTO-HIPSTER?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    I've already thanked him in person a few times, but I like this thread and I agree!
    Some years ago I did a drawing for him, too, and I gave it to him in a comic con. It was a recognition for human (mutant) rights with Kurt, Rogue and Kitty. I think he liked it, 'cause he smiled, but I was too shy (dumb) to put my e-mail in it, so I don't know what did he really think of it or if he still keeps it.

BANNED

I love chris I just finish SChism and I enjoyed it. his writing can get very complex at times but he is still a state of the art comic writer.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about Claremont. He has never written an x-book i haven't enjoyed or purchased. I know this post might be deleted and i'm cool with that i just never make main posts and wanted to thank the man. Nightcrawler #7 is the best X-MEN book i have read in years and i'm not the biggest nightcrawler fan. So once again hats off to you Mr. Claremont, i got into comics when i was little because of the X-men cartoon and Storm is my fave character but man this book was gold.
    I agree with this. I got into comics and grew to appreciate this medium thanks to Mr Claremont writing and care for his characters and the world he build around them. So I would like to say Thank you
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Anyone who has met him in person probably knows he tells some great stories. I met him at a signing a few years ago and heard him tell a great story about how he never wanted to write Man Thing but Jim Shooter told him the only way he was getting off the book was to kill himself...so he wrote himself into the story and killed himself. I thought that was great.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    hot2death.

the beard, the vest, the insouciant devil-may-care attitude, dare I say, the PROTO-HIPSTER?

YES! He's still got it too. Those scarves, that roguish elegance - CC is norm-deviation; the next step in evolution...a mutant misfit genius.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Christ, I clicked on this thread thinking he passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Some years ago I did a drawing for him, too, and I gave it to him in a comic con. It was a recognition for human (mutant) rights with Kurt, Rogue and Kitty. I think he liked it, 'cause he smiled, but I was too shy (dumb) to put my e-mail in it, so I don't know what did he really think of it or if he still keeps it.
    That's too bad. He's a very friendly person and probably would've liked to have discussed your art with you

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Anyone who has met him in person probably knows he tells some great stories. I met him at a signing a few years ago and heard him tell a great story about how he never wanted to write Man Thing but Jim Shooter told him the only way he was getting off the book was to kill himself...so he wrote himself into the story and killed himself. I thought that was great.
    I think I've heard him tell that story too