Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

New / Exiles wasn't that bad. First few issues of New Excalibur was good too. I liked most of X-Men Forever, maybe not so much 2 but it had some gems. Then Nightcrawler is classic Claremont.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    New / Exiles wasn't that bad. First few issues of New Excalibur was good too. I liked most of X-Men Forever, maybe not so much 2 but it had some gems. Then Nightcrawler is classic Claremont.
    For me, X-Men Forever and X-Men: The End were just horrible...painful to read, even.

BANNED

CC is why I read comics. If he hadn't hooked me on the X-crack in the mid 80's I probably wouldn't have kept reading.

Its extremely hyperbolic to say everything he's done has been good because like any and every writer he has his share of stinkers but his highs were epic and the quality of the X-men books are still struggling to recover from his exit in the early 90's. Some writers have written some decent runs (Mike Carey, Grant Morrison) but overall its been down since then.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Greatest comic writer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    For me, X-Men Forever and X-Men: The End were just horrible...painful to read, even.
    oh I really like The End. It reads much better when it first came out now you have to remember what was happening circa 2006 as tried so hard to use the continuity of the day to predict the future. Which is how it should have been.

Fantastic Member

There's no denying his importance. I like most of these characters because of his writing. He's the Architect.

Astonishing Member

oh I really like The End. It reads much better when it first came out now you have to remember what was happening circa 2006 as tried so hard to use the continuity of the day to predict the future. Which is how it should have been.
    To each his own...I couldn't stand The End or Forever...a lot of the story choices seemed almost random and certain biases Claremont has were front and center.

His Exiles was mediocre at best and the less said about GenNext, the better.

The last thing he wrote that I truly enjoyed was his last Uncanny run that included End of Greys...and that was the first thing he'd written in years that I liked.

As I said before, he's still my favorite x-writer but it's his classic run that makes him so...I just don't think he has many good stories left in him.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I love how he isn't afraid to remember previous character relationships and that he acknowledges Rachel unlike certain other writers out there that don't even want to try to work her into a story and instead choose to ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    To each his own...I couldn't stand The End or Forever...a lot of the story choices seemed almost random and certain biases Claremont has were front and center.

His Exiles was mediocre at best and the less said about GenNext, the better.

The last thing he wrote that I truly enjoyed was his last Uncanny run that included End of Greys...and that was the first thing he'd written in years that I liked.

As I said before, he's still my favorite x-writer but it's his classic run that makes him so...I just don't think he has many good stories left in him.
    I wasn't even going to mention NextGen, as that was an entire waste and not what people were wanting with that poll. They couldn't have.

Don't get me wrong, the Space Aspect of The End was horrible but I've never been a fan of the X-Men in space outside of the original Brood Saga. Nothing good as come out of it ever since but like Time Travel or Alternate Timelines, the X-Men can't escape space either.

End of Greys was so good!

They should just put him back on Uncanny X-Men for the 75th anniversary.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    They should just put him back on Uncanny X-Men for the 75th anniversary.
    Or at least another X-Men Gold situation.

Or at least another X-Men Gold situation.
    That'd be fine as well. Though, both Gold and Nightcrawler have mostly been nostalgic books full of memories and homages. I want CC driving the X-Men again. Like everyone says, the architect.
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    That'd be fine as well. Though, both Gold and Nightcrawler have mostly been nostalgic books full of memories and homages. I want CC driving the X-Men again. Like everyone says, the architect.
    I hear a lot of people say that...but that's what X-Men Forever essentially was...and it was awful.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ugh. BLUE and GOLD delineation is just a bitter reminder of the ridiculous power struggle that ousted him from the X-seat in the first place.

What Pixie said. Somewhat.

The X-Men were better off during the eighties when it was Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor, rather than Blue and Gold.
    Cinderella