Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood & The Outlaws #35 Preview/Discussion

http://mancave.cbslocal.com/2014/10/...he-outlaws-35/

HOLY ****

HOLY ****!

Can't be wednesday already?

Having Jason acknowledge the importance of Roy's friendship is something that I've been expecting for a while now (and the timing is perfect as follow up of their meeting on the Future's End issue), the lighthearted tone of the last page aside of being great is a stark contrast to the beginning of the issue that, well, it left me speechless. Now the drug abuse plotline makes a TON of sense.

"Roy is my best friend"...HAHAHAHA.

This is great.

Since I assume it will bear some impact on RHATO:

http://geekmom.com/2014/10/supergirl-35/

Supergirl preview.

At least Bedard seems to get Jason's voice, although I'd fine with the expressive mask never showing uo again.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Jason's facial expressions coming through the mask just looks hilariously goofy.

BANNED

Wow--Roy turned into Metamorpho. And Kory's on drugs, too? At last she's finally getting treatment for that bad case of gynecomastia.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 10-11-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

oh my fucking god!!! noooooooooooo rooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BANNED

What IS this????!!!! Jason holding somebody's hand, waxing sentimental???!!!!! Shouldn't he be out AVENGING this or something? DC is trying to turn Jason into a nice guy like Dick Grayson? This isn't MY Jason.

BANNED

Never realized Venom made you strong enough to break a Kryptonians grip,but I guess Jason Todd has always been the exception.

BANNED

Whose idea at DC is it to castrate Jason?

Love this book more and more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    What IS this????!!!! Jason holding somebody's hand, waxing sentimental???!!!!! Shouldn't he be out AVENGING this or something? DC is trying to turn Jason into a nice guy like Dick Grayson? This isn't MY Jason.
    Considering who`s writing it, I`m pretty sure he`s not/wasn`t staying at Roy`s bedside the whole time.

I have little to no issue with this in small doses. Contrary to popular belief, Jason isn`t a machine but a human. I don`t want him turn into batgod who is always trying to be badass 24/7. That reads as too fake even when Bruce attempts it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Never realized Venom made you strong enough to break a Kryptonians grip,but I guess Jason Todd has always been the exception.
    Oohh I like that. Jason, the bat-excetption to the rule!

Spectacular Member

the new issue is good, poor roy

Gotta love how smoothly Lobdell weaved things set up back on his return issue with the current issue, specially when it seemed we would never saw those picked up again. I'm repeating myself here but Lodbell NAILED another great issue, the way Kory's drug addiction was handled was perfect and pretty realistic (as much as talking about alien princess can get anyways), Jason's motives to get high on Venom are so obvious and perfect that can't help but be amazed at how well Lobdell knows and understands him. What Jason would fear more than drugs? Die again.

The surprise appearance of Ollie is also a great setup to finally get the story between him and Roy but aside of wondering how the hell they will get Roy on a piece again after this (barring a dip on a Lazarus Pit) I can't help but wonder if this is the start to "soft reboot" him and getting him back into the GA book.

Supergirl was also surprisingly good, shaky start aside (and even then, Bedard sort of explained a few pages later) Kara's and Jason interaction was golden and Jason himself was filled with confidence and maturity. Bedard also managed to work a lot of callbacks into the story, that plus the way the possible relationship with Kara was jandled in such masterful way that it blew completely out of the water whatever the Eternal team is trying to do with Jason. The art is somewhat sloppy at times and I didn't like the return of Jason's expressive mask but all around a really solid issue.

Since I'm talking abot Jason's appearances this week, I'm gonna say that Eternal is terrible. Whoever is in charge of it doesn't have the slightest idea of how writing him, the outlaws are also written terribly and the thing with Barbara seems like something out of Fanfiction and not a professional writer.

Always Rakzo

Thought this was a pretty solid issue.

Borges' art was a bit rushed but it was still okay.