Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I liken the term to women that Claremont puts through the paces, and makes them intelligent, resilient, and capable of overcoming the odds with wits and sometimes their powers. But he does have a habit of turning every damn female into some asian fetish of his though. I love how he wrote some of my favorite characters, but sometimes his deconstructionism hurt the characters long term over others. He wrote decent males, but his males like Colossus, and Longshot rarely had compelling voices. He also tended to forget or just not write about characters he brings over from other books.

For instance He brings Psylocke to the X-books, along with Longshot, along with Spiral, and Mojo, and Roma, and Merlin. Yet He barely has Psylocke acknowledge any of them, or Make them foes that she has a major part in dealing with. Longshot and her had a DEEEEEEP connection to them, yet he never played up on it. He could have turned Psylocke into a Stronger character by their many encounters with mojo, could have done the same with Longshot.

So While he creates deep and compelling women, he can forget things sometimes, and then alter things he started, and others picked up to terrible effect.

Spectacular Member

It's a term referencing Chris Claremont's female characters who put the superheroine on the map in the superhero comics genre.

This is a great summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post

I hope that answers your question.

o
    *reads scan and passes out from the awesomeness that is Claremont*

Thanks for the insight and posted images guys. Storm especially comes across as like CIA scary at that last image. But most of the women in the X-Books that are written now, are obviously strong character women, and I suppose they have all, the writers, been heavily influenced by Claremont. I wonder why he left the Uncanny X-Men back then.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    Thanks for the insight and posted images guys. Storm especially comes across as like CIA scary at that last image. But most of the women in the X-Books that are written now, are obviously strong character women, and I suppose they have all, the writers, been heavily influenced by Claremont. I wonder why he left the Uncanny X-Men back then.
    Because the hot new artist of X-Men at the time was being favored over him in plotting the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    Because the hot new artist of X-Men at the time was being favored over him in plotting the X-Men.
    Yet another reason I'm not a huge Jim Lee fan. Artists and flash became the standard.. it seems even unto now. Story and history and compelling stories are in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Big boobs. Bigger machine guns. BODY AND SOUL. <333

Refer to this thread while it remains.
    Hi A. I just clicked on that link you provided. However, for some reason it states that the topic does not exist for some reason.

BANNED

It was deleted along with 10 years of internet "resources" because of some random unknown abusing a poll in google.

BANNED

Good thing I archived the best hits in WordDocs.