View Poll Results: Ultimate Spider-Man Original run issue #1 to #110 by Bendis and Bagley / What is your verdict?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars: Some of The Greatest stories I have ever read

28 77.78%
  • 4-Stars: This was really good overall

7 19.44%
  • 3-Stars: It was okay

1 2.78%
  • 2-Stars: I was more underwhelmed than anything with more misses than hits

0 0%
  • 1-Star: I'm trying to find my lighter or match so I can set this on fire

0 0%
  • No Comment: I haven't read it, or I really have no opinion(s) whatsoever

0 0%

Post Ultimate Spider-Man Original run issue #1 to #110 by Bendis and Bagley / What is your verdict?

This was when they were hitting on all cylinders and almost no delays. Great stories, and fantastic new re-interpretation of the Spider-Man stories.

Peter Parker for the modern reader, a cooler Aunt May, Kitty Pryde as a girlfriend... lots and lots of great things.

Share your opinions on this original run.

It really did feel like a completely different book once Bagley left. I really liked it the run. It may have lost its way from time to time but really found its feet again once Kitty Pryde joined the title.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Almost no delays
    They had the exact opposite of delays. For a few years there they were double shipping six months out of the year.

Bendis and Bagley were my first exposure to Spider-Man in a monthly comic. I of course read a few as a young child, but I was always more into X-Men. As for strictly Spider-Man stories those are some of my favorite, with my overall favorite being the Kingpin arc (Learning Curve). While I do love them, I can't give it higher than a 4 because I simply prefer X-Men and Ultimates. Still in terms of just Spidey it doesn't get better than those two.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Bendis and Bagley's USM was what got me into comicbooks. Fantastic stories and great art.

Looking back now, I can see lots of faults, especially from the second half of the run. But still, the first half was so great that this run is a 5/5 for me

I have a lot of fond memories from this run. Learning Curve is my personal favorite arc from that run. This run got me back into comics.

Amazing Member

Just bought the ultimate spiderman omnibus and up to issue 7 so far. Really enjoying it! Artwork is fantastic!

I recently went back and started re-reading this arc from the beginning. Man, Ultimate Peter was such a great character. I think I even prefer him to 616 Pete.

The best run in all of comics. Constant top quality. Shakespeare and T.S. Eliot pale in comparison. It was so good.

I recently read all of Ultimate Spider-Man and it's a perfect run. There are no bad stories (although a few aren't as good - but they're still great) and the plots are complex and intriguing. Arcs like Hollywood are my favourite, because they bring about new plot points that can be referenced like the Spider-Man movie, and then the little plot points like Kenny being an extra. I think those little moments and memorable plots are missing in the new Spider-Man, where it's mostly bad guy attacks and good guy fights back.