BANNED

Default Superhero Toys & Classic Comics

Back pre-April, i.e., before "Crisis on Infinite Forums" and the reboot here at CBR, there was a thread here that had gone on for quite some time. Hope nobody minds if I revive it . So it's not a complete repeat of what had gone before, I'll reframe the question thusly:

*Which superhero toys did the best job of conveying the spirit of the comics that inspired them? And which ones did you personally have? Finally, feel free to post pics.

I was a 70s collector and loved the Mego action figures. To me the one that looked closest to the comic book character....my favorite comic and toy....was Mego Spiderman:

073e3265258adba93a1a42df7efc08df.jpg
    Last edited by RichardWrite; 10-06-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Unfortunately, I lost all of my Mego action figures whilst still in childhood, and don't remember which ones I had very well. I remember having Spidey, but most of my other ones were DC. I don't remember that well, but I seem to recall Batman being pretty close to the Batman of the time. Spidey is good except for the hands.

I loved action figures as a child (I grew up in the 90's and never even heard about mego since 2-3 years ago) but as an adult I pretty much lost interest in toys. The only comicbook figure I can recall that I had/have any desire to own is the Goon action figure:

While I'm still obsessed with comics the only thing that could reignite my love for action figures was Doctor Who. Don't know what's up with that show but I became kinda addicted to their 5 inch action figure range (and the sonic screwdrivers).
    (oh and maybe wouldn't mind some Pacific Rim Jaegers and kaijus either, really loved that flick and the figures look cool).