Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Like when people call it the best live-action superhero show. Like compared to what, Spider-Man from the '70s?

When people praise The Walking Dead, they don't say it's a good comicbook show. It's just good television. Arrow is not.
    I'm sure that its usually compared against Smallvile and Agents of Shield and not against Spider-Man from 70s and most of the people aren't even aware that TWD is based on a comics.

Bah... Some of you people just hate everything.
    I've never been a big fan of Green Arrow, so I hadn't checked out Arrow until now. Have to say that being impressed with the Flash premiere finally led me to checking it out. Not bad at all. Flash was better though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    Like when people call it the best live-action superhero show. Like compared to what, Spider-Man from the '70s?

When people praise The Walking Dead, they don't say it's a good comicbook show. It's just good television. Arrow is not.

Objectively, Arrow is pretty much standard boilerplate CW drama with like Saturday afternoon syndication level action and effects. It's like One Tree Hill meets Pamela Anderson's VIP.

It's just seems like DC fans have been so starved for any exposure in this past decade of Marvel movie dominance that they've leapt on something markedly subpar because it's the only horse in the race.
    http://time.com/56472/arrow-dc-comic...ero-franchise/

If even critics are praising Arrow, then perhaps its not that much standard boilerplate CW drama. Also, this whole shitting on CW needs to stop. CW isn't the network that aired gossip girl and 90210 anymore. Refer to http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bas...redirect=false
    THR chief critic on how he saw CW grow and evolved as a network and producing quality tv shows that panders to its expanding audience.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm sure that its usually compared against Smallvile and Agents of Shield and not against Spider-Man from 70s and most of the people aren't even aware that TWD is based on a comics.
    Theres The Cape, theres human target and there are also some other superhero tv shows in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    http://time.com/56472/arrow-dc-comic...ero-franchise/

If even critics are praising Arrow, then perhaps its not that much standard boilerplate CW drama. Also, this whole shitting on CW needs to stop. CW isn't the network that aired gossip girl and 90210 anymore. Refer to http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bas...redirect=false
    THR chief critic on how he saw CW grow and evolved as a network and producing quality tv shows that panders to its expanding audience.
    It will ALWAYS be the network that did 90210 and Gossip Girl. For better or worse, whether you like it or not, it's always going to have made, aired, advertised them.

It doesn't mean they didn't do Arrow, Smallville, Supernatural and so much more. They did and do, but everything else, regardless of the quality of all, or genre, is always still a part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Fenris View Post
    Bah... Some of you people just hate everything.
    I've never been a big fan of Green Arrow, so I hadn't checked out Arrow until now. Have to say that being impressed with the Flash premiere finally led me to checking it out. Not bad at all. Flash was better though.
    A lot of us might be giving valid criticism, have a right to do so and have reasons for disliking these shows, or parts of them. Doesn't mean some of us hate all of the stuff. I certainly don't, love the hell out of Gotham, sure. It doesn't mean I'm not going to complain and criticise when I feel like doing so though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    It will ALWAYS be the network that did 90210 and Gossip Girl. For better or worse, whether you like it or not, it's always going to have made, aired, advertised them.

It doesn't mean they didn't do Arrow, Smallville, Supernatural and so much more. They did and do, but everything else, regardless of the quality of all, or genre, is always still a part of them.
    The cw is under a new leadership now. Gone were the days where bad shows are being aired on CW. I'm not trying to erase history, they made, aired and advertised those show its a fact.
    But now, its a network with The 100, The originals, Supernatural, Arrow, Flash, Nikita, whose line is it anyway even new shows like Jane the Virgin that caters to the female crowd are wowing critics, calling the star of JTV this year's breakout star. The fact is CW is a fantastic network now with tons of quality tv shows and I think the stigma that CW's boilerplate CW dramas are no longer true.

Sure, they did that but does it make everything else they did or are doing now irrelevant?

Thought the first episode of season 3 to be quite awesome. I had zero expectations of the show when my friend kept insisting I try it out and now that I have watched the first two seasons, I eagerly await more Arrow. Based on Arrow, I'm very interested in seeing how the Flash does.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sure, they did that but does it make everything else they did or are doing now irrelevant?
    No. And I never said that and hope I didn't imply that.

Just saying that, whether or not those shows would been seen as good or not, they are a part of their past, and should not have that ignored, which nightrider is not doing.

Shouldn't just look at Supernatural, Arrow, or The Flash and say 'Hey, look at that!'. Gotta remember and take heed of it all.

Astonishing Member

No. And I never said that and hope I didn't imply that.

Just saying that, whether or not those shows would been seen as good or not, they are a part of their past, and should not have that ignored, which nightrider is not doing.

Shouldn't just look at Supernatural, Arrow, or The Flash and say 'Hey, look at that!'. Gotta remember and take heed of it all.
    I've never said they should be ignored. Gossip Girl and 90210 premiered to great ratings. My point being, its foolish to look at the teen girls targeted shows in the past and place judgements on the existing bulk of the show. That is foolish and silly.
    But point being its in the past and CW stopped churning out teen girl shows after shows after shows ever since Dawn Ostroff left. Now it is a new era.
    Last edited by Global Honored; 10-12-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Edited

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Mod break:
    Let's stay on topic everyone.
    There is no need to take personal shots at other posters or make assumptions of how they may think/believe.
    We don't always agree, but please discuss those differences of opinion civilly.