Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" Premiere Delivers Bigger Audience For Season 3

The numbers are up for The CW's flagship DC Comics drama with 2.79 million viewers showing up to see Oliver Queen's next chapter.

Full article here.

I'm glad DC is seeing some success in this era of superhero supremacy in pop culture. I just wish Arrow was a better ambassador of DC and its characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly T View Post
    I'm glad DC is seeing some success in this era of superhero supremacy in pop culture. I just wish Arrow was a better ambassador of DC and its characters.
    I just wish people would stop demanding every superhero in comics, tv, and film to be a copy of the MCU.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I just wish people would stop demanding every superhero in comics, tv, and film to be a copy of the MCU.
    Are people really doing that, or are you just saying that/feel that way? And every and every medium seems a tad excessive.

Don't want a copy of the MCU. Just want a better reflection of decades of characterization and an level quality that can garner praise without qualifiers.

Don't want a copy of the MCU. Just want a better reflection of decades of characterization and an level quality that can garner praise without qualifiers.
    What do you mean by qualifiers? Not sure what the word means, Pauly.

Astonishing Member

Go straight to the point! I hate big butts cos they jiggle too much. Give us somethig concrete otherwise the show is receiving proases everywhere so no point for hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What do you mean by qualifiers? Not sure what the word means, Pauly.
    Like when people call it the best live-action superhero show. Like compared to what, Spider-Man from the '70s?

When people praise The Walking Dead, they don't say it's a good comicbook show. It's just good television. Arrow is not.

Objectively, Arrow is pretty much standard boilerplate CW drama with like Saturday afternoon syndication level action and effects. It's like One Tree Hill meets Pamela Anderson's VIP.

It's just seems like DC fans have been so starved for any exposure in this past decade of Marvel movie dominance that they've leapt on something markedly subpar because it's the only horse in the race.

Astonishing Member

When people praise The Walking Dead, they don't say it's a good comicbook show. It's just good television. Arrow is not.
    Oh please, Arrow is mediocre, but Walking Dead isn't much more than hollow, repetitive shock value dreck itself.

Like when people call it the best live-action superhero show. Like compared to what, Spider-Man from the '70s?

Objectively, Arrow is pretty much standard boilerplate CW drama with like Saturday afternoon syndication level action and effects. It's like One Tree Hill meets Pamela Anderson's VIP.

It's just seems like DC fans have been so starved for any exposure in this past decade of Marvel movie dominance that they've leapt on something markedly subpar because it's the only horse in the race.
    I understand very much what you mean now.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's like how, if I didn't want AOS, I had another comic book show to watch and enjoy, in Arrow.

Now, even more, mostly on the DC side.

Gotham, Constantine, iZombie, The Flash - and Arrow, still.

To come, still Supergirl, possibly Lucifer and Titans, so there's a nicer amount of horses in this race than there once was.

Sure, Gotham started last month and The Flash this week, so there's now three DC shows to choose from, for the next few weeks, until Constantine starts on the 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Oh please, Arrow is mediocre, but Walking Dead isn't much more than hollow, repetitive shock value dreck itself.
    That sounds a bit harsh. Is it just shock value that you dislike about TWD, or anything else?

BANNED

Right? Instead of ripping something off why not do something different and still be good?

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Lol, Arrow is doing a great job for what it is. It's a TV series inspired by a comic book character. Green Arrow doesn't exactly have a lengthy history of critically acclaimed runs to pull from for several seasons of a TV show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Lol, Arrow is doing a great job for what it is. It's a TV series inspired by a comic book character. Green Arrow doesn't exactly have a lengthy history of critically acclaimed runs to pull from for several seasons of a TV show.
    Thank you! Regardless of what other people think this is a good turn out for a DC character that isn't exactly what I'd call the most marketable DC character. And it helped inspired a DC Television Universe. So there's that.

Marvel domination really only began with 2011 with the success of Cap and Thor and the failure of GL. Its revisionist history to argue otherwise.

Also why is it when I go into an MCU thread it has people complaining about how bad some of these films have become, yet when the MCU is brought up in a DC thread they are referred to as master pieces?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut