Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm sad to see Enos go, he was an awesome character
    He really was. I liked the relationship that was forming between him and Johann too. A sort of begrudging respect that could have turned into friendship.

No friendships allowed in this world to last long. I'm joking. But it would be great to see them as best buds.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    He really was. I liked the relationship that was forming between him and Johann too. A sort of begrudging respect that could have turned into friendship.
    True, although it's hard to say if that would have remained if he had survived this mission, I kind of think his reaction would have been similar to the agent Kate was grilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    Just read this issue and.... DAMN! Nobody is safe in the BPRD. It is has been repeated that this is the case, but damn...

I feel like this issue tapped into some real raw emotional stuff and succeeded where the ABE series has not. Great issue in my opinion.
    I agree, I dropped the Abe series because it wasn't working for me. But this resonated so much. And two issues in a row with "WOW" final panels.

I'm sad Campbell didn't do the art for this arc, it's right up his alley. I'm sad he's not the regular artist, though. I think the grounded style adds to the book being about normal people, primarily. Gives it a weight. Oh well, still enjoying this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm sad Campbell didn't do the art for this arc, it's right up his alley. I'm sad he's not the regular artist, though. I think the grounded style adds to the book being about normal people, primarily. Gives it a weight. Oh well, still enjoying this arc.
    Campbell is the regular artist now (if the series can even be said to have a regular artist any more), he's just very busy with what's ahead...

I think Snejbjerg is doing an outstanding job. I can't see anyone doing better.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm a big fan of the rotating talent, it's really opened my eyes to some great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I think Snejbjerg is doing an outstanding job. I can't see anyone doing better.
    Agreed. I was really impressed. And as a result I went a little over the top for this week's Saturday Morning Panels.

Well, there's nobody bad on the book, but my personal taste leads me toward Campbell more than anyone else. I also like the tone of the stories he's illustrated so far.

So happy to see Johann front and center... as well as appearances by Liz and Panya. The war/grunt soldiers stories are wearing a little thin for me. Just a good month all around with a classic Abe/Hellboy story in Abe Sapien...

Spectacular Member

Well, there's nobody bad on the book, but my personal taste leads me toward Campbell more than anyone else. I also like the tone of the stories he's illustrated so far.
    Campbell's figures are great, but he's not the best at conveying motion and speed.

Well he's certainly more suited to quieter, creepier stories than all out action, but I don't think he's bad at anything. His sense of mood is heads and shoulders above anyone else drawing the book. I guess I'd take a spookier mood over the cartoonier feel the rest of the guys bring to the book.

Spooky, yes, but when it comes to make clear emotions then no. Campbell is fantastic and makes everything dark in the drawing sense and mood, but for these issues I'm happy we have Snejbjerg.

The Claw of Justice!

All of the artists on BPRD have been great. Laurence Campbell, James Harren, Peter Snejbjerg, Tyler Crook, and all the other artists are now among my favorite comics creators, and Guy Davis is possibly the best comics artist ever, in my opinion.