Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #130-132: Nowhere, Nothing, Never

This arc will kick off April next year with art by Laurence Campbell. We don't know much about this series at the moment, except that it will feature Johann prominently. Scott Allie had this to say about it and writer John Arcudi:

Arcudi’s biggest contribution to Mignola’s world is to populate it with living breathing people. Unfortunately, they don’t always stay living or breathing. They deal with the mortality of their own teammates too often, and for most of them it doesn’t get easier. Johann’s blurry relationship with mortality comes into focus because it’s gotten too easy for him to accept the deaths of the people around him…
    He's also mentioned it in Hellmail too at the end of The Devil's Wings arc:

Laurence [Campbell] has really proven himself as one of our go-to guys for a good creepy tale. While he's taken over as our regular cover artist, you aren't going to see him on interiors for a little while, as we're saving him up for the biggest story since the end of the Plague of Frogs saga.
    Makes sense too considering this will eventually fill the 12th B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth volume, and they're clearly writing with omnibuses in mind since all the biggest stories happen every third volume. (3. Russia, 6. The Return of the Master, 9. The Reign of the Black Flame) It also seems like a good place to see this come to fruition...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Allie's twitter
    Just got inks for a "lost scene" from B.P.R.D.: King of Fear, finally to be revealed in an upcoming story. I love the payoffs in this book.

Spectacular Member

I Love this series. we are in for a treat up until August 2015, Two five issue mini series in a row. so glad I jumped on single issues of all things Hellboy used to trade wait but it got too painful to wait whilst everyone else got to read events unfolding. Single issues and hardcover collections all the way for me.

Spectacular Member

that's good that it sounds it'll be more atmosphere driven than action, Campbell's art can be a bit static so I'd rather see Harren for the big set pieces. Campbell could also stand to work on his facial expressions a bit, sometimes he has a habit of making people look stonefaced, though fortunately that isn't a problem with Johann as long as you can get his body language across. his actually reminds me quite a bit of Alex Maleev if you take a look at his Hellboy and the BPRD pages.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    I Love this series. we are in for a treat up until August 2015, Two five issue mini series in a row. so glad I jumped on single issues of all things Hellboy used to trade wait but it got too painful to wait whilst everyone else got to read events unfolding. Single issues and hardcover collections all the way for me.
    I do digital singles myself. It's good to have a mobile collection when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Makes sense too considering this will eventually fill the 12th B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth volume, and they're clearly writing with omnibuses in mind since all the biggest stories happen every third volume. (3. Russia, 6. The Return of the Master, 9. The Reign of the Black Flame) It also seems like a good place to see this come to fruition...
    I have a feeling that this arc will set up a fifth and final omnibus for the Hell on Earth saga. Which at roughly 15 issues per omnibus means it would bring us roughly to BPRD #150.

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I have a feeling that this arc will set up a fifth and final omnibus for the Hell on Earth saga. Which at roughly 15 issues per omnibus means it would bring us roughly to BPRD #150.
    In an interview for the 20th anniversary Mike Mignola said that there won't be a B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth in five years, so my guess is Hell on Earth will run for 15 to 18 volumes.

It's there going to be something after Hell on Earth? Like new B.P.R.D.(...) something!

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    It's there going to be something after Hell on Earth? Like new B.P.R.D.(...) something!
    There won't be any talk about that until we get closer to the end. Maybe. Who knows?

In an interview for the 20th anniversary Mike Mignola said that there won't be a B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth in five years, so my guess is Hell on Earth will run for 15 to 18 volumes.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying - 15 volumes/5 omnibus. But I would love for it to end on or begin the next saga on #150; I live for round numbers and coincidences.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying - 15 volumes/5 omnibus. But I would love for it to end on or begin the next saga on #150; I live for round numbers and coincidences.
    Maybe you'll get lucky. By the way, Scott Allie spoke a little bit about the end of Hell on Earth in today's exclusive, though only briefly. Laurence Campbell will be doing the covers right through to the end, with one mysterious exception.

Yeah I noticed the "mysterious exception", I'm really excited to find out about that.

Yeah I noticed the "mysterious exception", I'm really excited to find out about that.
    My guess... Mike Mignola.

Part One cover...

Part Two cover...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Part One cover...

Part Two cover...
    Wow! Those are amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Wow! Those are amazing!!
    Yeah, I geek out every time I see a new Laurence Campbell cover.