Page 747 of 1416 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377437447457467477487497507517577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 21234

"Nothing" -- Massacre

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm unfortunately experimenting with vinyl.
    "Experimenting with vinyl"?!?

I can't remember the last time I bought any music on vinyl. It was probably something used that I picked up at a library book sale. But I pretty much stopped regularly buying any new music on vinyl back in the late 1980s (maybe very early 1990s). Bought more on cassette tapes than on vinyl before switching to CDs as my main type of music purchases.

Night Ranger - "(You Can Still) Rock In America"
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The Stone Roses - I am the Resurrection
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Rock deities! You've heard this one a thousand times before, but don't just hear it, listen to it!

Also Plant was sex on legs!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Experimenting with vinyl"?!?

I can't remember the last time I bought any music on vinyl. It was probably something used that I picked up at a library book sale. But I pretty much stopped regularly buying any new music on vinyl back in the late 1980s (maybe very early 1990s). Bought more on cassette tapes than on vinyl before switching to CDs as my main type of music purchases.
    They've been making a comeback recently. I think owning physical media rather that downloading or streaming it has come into fashion again. There's also a bit of a collector's market for older releases as well as limited prints of newer material. I haven't been to a music store in years that didn't lead towards vinyl records, none that were doing good business anyway.

Personally I just bought a vinyl release of a newer album I liked because I thought the album art would make for a decent wall hanger. I bought a cheap player to give it a spin, and I valued the experience. I'm not an audio geek or anything so I can't really explain what I liked about it without getting poetic. I think it's kind of like how I still buy one or two physical comics every now, and then. I could more easily experience it digitally, but it's nice to see/feel something that's real.

I don't know how far I'm going to go into the well, but the price is a huge hurdle. As good as I am at saving money for things like this my funds are limited.

"Come Together" -- The Beatles

They've been making a comeback recently. I think owning physical media rather that downloading or streaming it has come into fashion again. There's also a bit of a collector's market for older releases as well as limited prints of newer material. I haven't been to a music store in years that didn't lead towards vinyl records, none that were doing good business anyway.

Personally I just bought a vinyl release of a newer album I liked because I thought the album art would make for a decent wall hanger. I bought a cheap player to give it a spin, and I valued the experience. I'm not an audio geek or anything so I can't really explain what I liked about it without getting poetic. I think it's kind of like how I still buy one or two physical comics every now, and then. I could more easily experience it digitally, but it's nice to see/feel something that's real.

I don't know how far I'm going to go into the well, but the price is a huge hurdle. As good as I am at saving money for things like this my funds are limited.
    Oh, I'm well aware of vinyl making a comeback. The Barnes & Noble store I frequently go to has a decent amount of space dedicated to that.

I was more puzzled / amused by your "experimenting with vinyl" comments since that was the primary source for purchasing music when I was younger, including buying the 45 RPM singles. And back when I was in college, I did radio where we spun albums on turntables to provide music. (When I later did radio in the real world it was still early in the transition to working from CDs and then going to digital.)

One format from my younger days I don't expect will be revived: 8-Track tape cartridges!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I'm well aware of vinyl making a comeback. The Barnes & Noble store I frequently go to has a decent amount of space dedicated to that.

I was more puzzled / amused by your "experimenting with vinyl" comments since that was the primary source for purchasing music when I was younger, including buying the 45 RPM singles. And back when I was in college, I did radio where we spun albums on turntables to provide music. (When I later did radio in the real world it was still early in the transition to working from CDs and then going to digital.)

One format from my younger days I don't expect will be revived: 8-Track tape cartridges!
    Hehe, sorry. I'm only Twenty-Five. Records are an uncharted territory for me, and I'm having fun figuring them out. I was absolutely delighted when I found out I could reduce skipping by attaching a coin to the needle's arm.

Hehe, sorry. I'm only Twenty-Five.
    = sigh! =

I was 25 . . . back in the last century.

(During the mid-to-late 1980s.)

William Wild - Feather
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Gregory Alan Isakov - If I Go, I'm Going

The Dunlop Brothers - Burn Every Word

"Once Upon a Time " - Chocolate Dandies*
    (October 10, 1933 - New York Cities)
    from

The Benny Carter Collection 1929-47
    (Ⓟ © 2013 Acrobat Licensing Ltd.)

* Remember, that stuff wasn't uncommon back in the 1930s.
    Times have changed since then.

"Coming Undone" -- Korn