All-New Member

Default I forgot the title of a graphic novel

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I am a comic book noob and I am searching for help.

I was at a book store the other day, wanted to buy Art of War and a comic book drew my attention. I didn't buy it because I had no money left for it.
    Long story short, forgot the title, went back to the store and the comic wasnt there. I need your help, you might have read it so yea, I would be grateful.

So here are some tips that might help:
    On the cover the backround is darkish-black-back alley theme with a close up to protagonist's face.
    That "protagonist" is female, young woman or in her late teens and is wearing a hoodie.
    Not sure but I think the title of the series (I am positive that there is more than one comic book, since it said volume one out of three (i think it was 3)).
    I also really positive that the title was just one word, or at least not really long.
    I think it is also has adult themes, like drugs etc.
    Not sure if it has to do with superheros, although I could be wrong, I just swiftly run through some pages.
    Might be based off of a book or a novel written before and that is the graphic adaption of that novel/writting (it said that somewhere on the cover i think).
    Must be a recent comic book (2013 or even 2014 material)

So to wrap up:
    Comic's cover: A girl in a hoodie, black backround
    Title probably 1 word
    Is part of 2/3 series/volumes.
    Adult themes (i think drugs, sexual themes must be in there too)
    Probably not a superhero book (not sure)
    Graphic adaptation of a book
    Must be recent.
    EDIT: It was a large comic book and quite thick. It costed around 15 Euros.
    EDIT²: It is a trade, not a floppy.

Veil and Revival are close calls but those are not the comics I am looking for (although look interesting, thanks for sharing anyways )

Thanks for your time reading this, and thank you even MORE if you help me remember the title!!
    Last edited by acdcstrucks; 10-10-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Veil?

Was it a floppy or a trade?

What kinda artstyle?

All-New Member

Wow! Thanks for the swift answer but unfortunately is not Veil.

The cover is pretty much a close up of a girls face in a hoodie.

Now about artstyles, I am not sure what kinds are out there, I am quite noob, but I think it is really close to Veil.
    Also what do you mean exactly by "a floppy or a trade"?

P.S.: Veil seems interesting. Is it good?

All-New Member

Not sure if this helps but it was a large comic book and quite thick. It costed around 15 euros.

The deluxe edition of Revival?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by acdcstrucks View Post
    Also what do you mean exactly by "a floppy or a trade"?
    A "floppy" is just shorthand for a monthly issue. All paper (hence its floppy), typically 20-30 pages. Batman #1, Spider-man #234 etc
    Trade refers to trade-paperback. A larger format, either of original material or a collection of floppys. Eg: Batman Vol 1 (collecting Batman #1-6) etc

P.S.: Veil seems interesting. Is it good?
    Havnt read it myself but its by Greg Rucka so... yes

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    The deluxe edition of Revival?
    Unfortunately no. I googled "graphic novels 2014" and that one of the first images I got. I thought it was a close call (girl in hoodie + 1 word title) but after seeing the content in a preview, it is not it.
    But thanks for the response The art is very similar and it has the "great/well-known author" element in it. The difference in the cover of the comic I'm looking for is that It is really really close up (just the face, maybe a little neck) and her face is a little strange, kinda alien (like the face of that child in the videoclip of Aerials - System of a Down if you are familiar).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    A "floppy" is just shorthand for a monthly issue. All paper (hence its floppy), typically 20-30 pages. Batman #1, Spider-man #234 etc
    Trade refers to trade-paperback. A larger format, either of original material or a collection of floppys. Eg: Batman Vol 1 (collecting Batman #1-6) etc
    Thanks for explaining that. It is not a floppy aka monthly issue all paper. It is Trade, thick and large.

Any idea of the subject matter?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Any idea of the subject matter?
    The only dialogue I remember is that the girl got pushed around verbally by a man in suit, calling her junky or something like that. Not sure exactly was it is about.

I think you're looking for a book called Twilight Guardian.

top-cow-twilight-guardian-issue-1.jpg
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Spectacular Member

Do you have any idea what Publisher it was? (Marvel, DC, Image, Top Cow, IDW, etc.)