Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    or maybe, just maybe. No More Mutants is touching on that time when Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch caused House of M or maybe they're undoing what they did when Wanda said "No More Mutants"
    Could be about anything, I won't argue that. Can still talk about how it might be a move to align things with the films.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    but they'll do everything in their power to make sure no one wants to buy x-men. you think marvel LIKES that x-men is such a popular brand and not their darling avengers? LOL

it must burn ike up knowing x-men is the constant thorn in the disney side.
    Of course marvel likes that the X-Men are a popular brand. They're the ones getting paid when X-Men books sell well.

Could the No More Mutants thing just be a Tenth Anniversary thing?

Quote Originally Posted by catmanscratches View Post
    Maybe the #1 just means that they're going to keep restarting the Fantastic Four every couple of years or so with a new #1, hoping to get new readers instead of actually providing decent storylines like they did in the 1980s.
    I actually think the last couple runs of FF have been pretty descent. Hickman's in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Of course marvel likes that the X-Men are a popular brand. They're the ones getting paid when X-Men books sell well.
    Stop using sound logic in this thread.
    People in here think Marvel is a business that would be OK with making no profit from the X-Men instead of some profit like they are doing right now.
    "This is me being reasonable"

no they don't, or x-men would be getting most of the promotional material. they'd be the heroes of the big events, not the villains. the marquee x-men wouldn't be getting killed off left and right. marvel is all about synergy these days, and the x-men are opposite that. they are just advertisement for some other company's brand, just like ff. the difference is - ff is too small to stand a chance. x-men have legions upon legions of loyal fans who don't mind raising hell.

no they don't, or x-men would be getting most of the promotional material. they'd be the heroes of the big events, not the villains. the marquee x-men wouldn't be getting killed off left and right. marvel is all about synergy these days, and the x-men are opposite that. they are just advertisement for some other company's brand, just like ff. the difference is - ff is too small to stand a chance. x-men have legions upon legions of loyal fans who don't mind raising hell.
    Putting aside for a moment how ridiculous the notion is that Marvel wouldn't want ANY title to sell well, if that were the case they'd simply NOT publish the book.

But they are publishing a book, with the intent to make a profit. That's how business works.

In some way, isn't Quicksilver already an Inhuman? He lost his powers after M-Day, and then stole the Terrigen crystals to give him new speed/time powers. He eventually lost those powers after running out of the crystals, but eventually his original powers spontaneously returned. All mutants who lost their powers during M-day that regained their powers through other means (i.e. Polaris, Quicksilver, Marrow) technically aren't mutants anymore, because they no longer have an X-gene.

Putting aside for a moment how ridiculous the notion is that Marvel wouldn't want ANY title to sell well, if that were the case they'd simply NOT publish the book.

But they are publishing a book, with the intent to make a profit. That's how business works.
    disney could shut down marvel whole hog tomorrow if they wanted and it wouldn't make a drop of difference to their bottom line. we are really arrogant as readers to think our hobby means anything more to the house of mouse than ip fodder.

disney could shut down marvel whole hog tomorrow if they wanted and it wouldn't make a drop of difference to their bottom line. we are really arrogant as readers to think our hobby means anything more to the house of mouse than ip fodder.
    Oh, I definately disagree that Marvel isn't making a difference to their bottom line. I think the marvel franchise has proven quite lucritive to Disney.

But all that aside, the point I'm still making is that if Marvel or Disney for that matter didn't want the X books to make a profit (and I have yet to hear a compelling arguement as to why they or ANY business wouldn't want to), they could simply cancel toe book. The books not cancelled, so that fact alone shoots down the arguement (not that basic common sense frankly hasn't already).

if marvel cancelled the x-men, they may as well commit publishing suicide. people wouldn't suddenly flock to the mcu properties and they'd get a lot of badmouth via social media.

there's a reason they won't cancel, and it has nothing to do with loving the fact that they are doing free advertising for a competing company.

if marvel cancelled the x-men, they may as well commit publishing suicide. people wouldn't suddenly flock to the mcu properties and they'd get a lot of badmouth via social media.

there's a reason they won't cancel, and it has nothing to do with loving the fact that they are doing free advertising for a competing company.
    Sure there's a reason they won't cancel... the book sells. Which is the freaking point of publishing a book. Books sell, which in turn generates profit, which in turn keeps the lights on and puts food on the table for the good people at marvel.

To put it simply, MONEY = GOOD. I'm actually surprised this needs to be explained.

I hope the long time (and new) Marvel fans enjoy the books and stories that come from all these rumors/announcement's

no one's arguing they don't like making money, i don't know where that thunderbolt struck you from.

but that in no way means marvel or disney love the x-men. they hate them. it's obvious to anyone.

no one's arguing they don't like making money, i don't know where that thunderbolt struck you from.

but that in no way means marvel or disney love the x-men. they hate them. it's obvious to anyone.
    and yet, we still have all these X-books being published monthly.