Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokid View Post
    It's actually pretty simple. Marvel Comics is following Marvel Studios, and making Quiksilver and Scarlet Witch "Wonders", or as others have said Inhumans. There's no point in Marvel creating new mutants (sorry the pun) that Fox can use. Until Marvel gets the movie rights to the X-Men back, I have a feeling that all new characters, or retro fit older characters, that have a mutant gene, will now be either a Wonder or a Inhuman. Prepare for Professor W or Professor I, leader of the W-men or I-men!
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    No more mutants because it turns out all Mutants are really just imperfect Inhumans.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch get an ongoing.

Fantastic Four is canceled for the foreseeable future.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, the ff will be benched for a while, then rebranded. The x men will be renamed the I-guys.

I don't know it does seem like Marvel is going to replace Mutants with Inhumans, they are killing important mutants, Xavier, Wolverine, whats next Red Onslaught killing Magneto in AXIS, killing X-Villains, like Dark Beast and Exodus also adding lots of Inhumans including a very "marvelous" one.

And replace FF with GotG.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 10-10-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    X- fans on this board need to stop. I'm an x - fan and I don't agree with you. They are NOT cancelling X-men. Plus this isn't even an X-Men story it's an Avengers thing. So unless you lime the Avengers too who cares. The X-men aren't going anywhere. I'm sure once solits are out it'll make sense plus tomarrow we will learn more from the x-men panel what the X-Men are doing in 2015
    Thank you. You are the voice of reason and I totally agree with you.

All this conspiracy talk really reminds me of this.

"This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

It's not a conspiracy if it's completely fucking obvious.

Anyway, I'm happy that the X-men are keeping Lorna while Wanda is now out of their hair forever.

ah. no more mutants. again. electric boogaloo.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

I don't think they can reveal that Mutants are a branch of Inhumans or viceversa...
    just because that would mess their films properties.
    It would mean that potentially, Fox could use Inhumans characters as they own Marvel's mutants.
    Maybe if Marvel plans to use it as an excuse to use the X-Men for their MCU.
    But I am pretty sure that a legal dispute would come before that...
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Would someone please wake me when there is some real news to report and discuss? And not any of that teaser-shite, either!
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Next year is the 10-year anniversary of No More Mutants. This isn't surprising. I'm excited for whatever it is. And Mike has stated that the X-Men are involved in Secret Wars, so we're all fine.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Lol, i wonder why Marvel is surprise that we think they are going to take a crap on the X-men. I mean, really ?

Im going to start and prepare my goodbyes to the Mutants
    Seems a logical conclusion to jump to. Makes perfect logical and financial sense that Marvel's going to can what has historically been their most lucrative property.

I can maybe buy the Fantastic Four conspiracy theories, it's had sluggish sales for decades and the only thing that keeps it around is sentimentality, so Marvel has little incentive to keep it around.

But the X-Men? Fox arguments or not, they make Marvel money. Marvel's not going to kill that.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I hope they don't turn Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into Inhumans just because the mouse said so. I'm sick of these studio feuds.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    I don't think they can reveal that Mutants are a branch of Inhumans or viceversa...
    just because that would mess their films properties.
    It would mean that potentially, Fox could use Inhumans characters as they own Marvel's mutants.
    Maybe if Marvel plans to use it as an excuse to use the X-Men for their MCU.
    But I am pretty sure that a legal dispute would come before that...
    It is not about letting them use someone or something, but it could come down to credibility. Whenever Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver show up in Avengers 2 people will wonder what is up with them also being in X-Men. Someone is going to try to explain to them what the background story is. If No More Mutants is some sort of retcon of their origins, or just changes them now, then that becomes who they are. People will then see the depiction in X-Men as being incorrect instead of seeing the Avengers version as the imposters.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    But the X-Men? Fox arguments or not, they make Marvel money. Marvel's not going to kill that.
    but they'll do everything in their power to make sure no one wants to buy x-men. you think marvel LIKES that x-men is such a popular brand and not their darling avengers? LOL

it must burn ike up knowing x-men is the constant thorn in the disney side.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is not about letting them use someone or something, but it could come down to credibility. Whenever Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver show up in Avengers 2 people will wonder what is up with them also being in X-Men. Someone is going to try to explain to them what the background story is. If No More Mutants is some sort of retcon of their origins, or just changes them now, then that becomes who they are. People will then see the depiction in X-Men as being incorrect instead of seeing the Avengers version as the imposters.
    or maybe, just maybe. No More Mutants is touching on that time when Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch caused House of M or maybe they're undoing what they did when Wanda said "No More Mutants"

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    or maybe, just maybe. No More Mutants is touching on that time when Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch caused House of M or maybe they're undoing what they did when Wanda said "No More Mutants"
    or maybe she's back to finish the job.