Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Bust out the signs X-Fans

*only teasing*
    Last edited by Trident; 10-10-2014 at 10:07 AM.

All-New Member

It's actually pretty simple. Marvel Comics is following Marvel Studios, and making Quiksilver and Scarlet Witch "Wonders", or as others have said Inhumans. There's no point in Marvel creating new mutants (sorry the pun) that Fox can use. Until Marvel gets the movie rights to the X-Men back, I have a feeling that all new characters, or retro fit older characters, that have a mutant gene, will now be either a Wonder or a Inhuman. Prepare for Professor W or Professor I, leader of the W-men or I-men!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    An entire universe dedicated to Mutants being the only heroes actually sounds pretty rad.
    It's like a reverse version of the original Onslaught saga and it could work in Marvel favor as they didn't have to deal with Fox for the X-men for a while.

Relax. Marvel obviously has a plan here for something. They wouldn't cut off one of their most popular franchises like that. Sheesh.
    Last edited by Global Honored; 10-10-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Edited

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I thought that after House of M and AvX, the things were even between the teams.

But you know, maybe this time the ones that are gutted by Onslaught are the X-men.
    Oh things are never even between the two. Better to spill blood than to work together or just stay ignorant of the others plight.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    An entire universe dedicated to Mutants being the only heroes actually sounds pretty rad.
    I've been saying that for a while post AvsX. In truth it would work in the X-men mythos best interest given how they were always written at their best for being reclusive and in their own playground. They never did fit in with the Marvel U. Plus its great payback for The Heroes Reborn crap.
    Last edited by stingnewell; 10-10-2014 at 10:25 AM.

BANNED

We should be given an X-men related teaser for Secret Wars...I mean if the Avengers got one, then so should the X-men, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    We should be given an X-men related teaser for Secret Wars...I mean if the Avengers got one, then so should the X-men, right ?
    Well.............................................. ...............

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    That's not how it works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post

Relax. Marvel obviously has a plan here for something. They wouldn't cut off one of their most popular franchises like that. Sheesh.
    Agreed. I can't understand someone thinking they would axe the line and its characters. Obviously, they won't.

What they can and probably will do is establish that Mutants and Inhumans are the same, or at least do so with Wanda and Pietro. I expect that they'll stop using the word "mutant" at all, though.

All-New Member

I know that the X-Men aren't going to be cancelled but the thing that is kinda annoying to me is the fact that Marvel seems to be playing on those X-Fans that think they are going down that route. Now whilst I would normally say yeah its all publicity, I think that when the fans that are so worried are a group of very close fans, it is kinda sad that Marvel would play on their fears. The X-Comics still haven't had that much publicity for their future beyond AXIS and yes we keep hearing "thats because axis is big and changes things" but AXIS also changes things for the Avengers and the likes and we have had publicity for every single one of their comics force fed to us.

I dunno, I guess im on board with the "don't screw over fans that put you here" gang but also the "It is nice to have some surprises" gang. Can't please everyone I guess ahah

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

X- fans on this board need to stop. I'm an x - fan and I don't agree with you. They are NOT cancelling X-men. Plus this isn't even an X-Men story it's an Avengers thing. So unless you lime the Avengers too who cares. The X-men aren't going anywhere. I'm sure once solits are out it'll make sense plus tomarrow we will learn more from the x-men panel what the X-Men are doing in 2015
    X-Men Forever

Maybe the #1 just means that they're going to keep restarting the Fantastic Four every couple of years or so with a new #1, hoping to get new readers instead of actually providing decent storylines like they did in the 1980s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    they are still going to publish 15+ X-books a month. I don't care how much Ike hates the fact that Fox has the movie rights, they aren't cancelling a 1/3 of their publishing line.
    Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men are the only ones selling. X-Men and Amazing X-Men are doing decent. Wolverine and the X-Men will be replaced with Spider-Man and the X-Men.

What else is there? Magneto? They are probably distancing his solo from the X-Men. Everything else will be canceled and replaced with other cancellation bait titles.

Forget that X-titles are already being replaced with Avengers and Cosmic titles, Marvel has Star Wars. They know the market is only so big so I am sure Marvel/Disney has no problem with putting more resources into Star Wars and letting X-Men die off once the die hard fans finally come to acceptance.

All-New Member

No More Mutants. Why do i feel they pull some string and mutants are revealed to be inhumans? lol

BANNED

All this means is that Pietro and Wanda will be revealed to be Inhuman and not Mutant.

Shame about Pietro, but I'm glad Wanda is an Inhuman problem now.