Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Gwen gets ongoing

From Newsarama
    During this "closed door" panel, which included the "No More Mutants" announcement, Marvel also revealed that the recently introduced Spider-Woman known as "Spider-Gwen" would be getting her own ongoing series in February, 2015. This new title, spinning out of the critically-acclaimed Edge of Spider-Verse #2 story, will see writer Jason Latour and artist Robbi Rodriguez returning to the character. No artwork or further details were given during the presentation, but Newsarama expects more in the next few days.
    http://www.newsarama.com/22377-ncyc-...-s-return.html

I'm kinda depressed right now with this announcement...

Default Spider-Gwen Monthly Series Announced

At a NYCC panel for comics retailers, Marvel announced a monthly for Spider-Gwen by the creative team of Edge of Spider-Verse #2.
    Friday morning at Marvel’s “Retailer Exclusive: Meet MARVEL!” panel, the publisher announced a few new projects including a new ongoing series that'll likely make Spider-fandom happy.

During this "closed door" panel, which included the "No More Mutants" announcement, Marvel also revealed that the recently introduced Spider-Woman known as "Spider-Gwen" would be getting her own ongoing series in February, 2015. This new title, spinning out of the critically-acclaimed Edge of Spider-Verse #2 story, will see writer Jason Latour and artist Robbi Rodriguez returning to the character. No artwork or further details were given during the presentation, but Newsarama expects more in the next few days.
    Er, no clue yet what the series will be called.

* Edit: Spider-Chan beat me to the punch.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Meh. I'm more interested in whether they make Gwen's world different from the 616 or not.

Ultimate Member

Huh, so Marvel heard the fans and gave them what they wanted. What a novel concept. This is really cool btw.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Meh, guess that's cool.
    If she's in 616 I'm boycotting again.

BANNED

I'm happy for Gwen fans. Breathe easy 'cause she's making it out of Spider-Verse.

BANNED

I imagine they'll call it adjective Spider-Girl. But it'd be funnier if they just went with Spider-Gwen.

Also, they need a variant with Emma Stone cosplaying in full costume.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    yes. yes they do.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Ultimate Member

Heck I wonder if they could get Emma Stone herself to cosplay in the costume at least once? She seems like the type of person who'd be open to doing that.

I think we all saw this coming once the comic got the critical and commercial reception that it did. Glad they kept the creative team intact! I am definitely on-board and curious which direction they will take.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Heck I wonder if they could get Emma Stone herself to cosplay in the costume at least once? She seems like the type of person who'd be open to doing that.
    I could die happy after seeing that XD

no but seriously if she stays in her own universe and this is awesome! Just the thought of seeing her version of the Marvel Universe is an amazing thought... I sure hope Felicia is a romance interest, but yeah I wonder what the Avengers are like in her universe... or if the new movie Fantastic Four are the same in her universe :P

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I imagine they'll call it adjective Spider-Girl. But it'd be funnier if they just went with Spider-Gwen.

There are multiple Spider-Man titles on the market. Why can't there be multiple Spider-Woman titles?

It can just be a simple "The (Adjective) Spider-Woman", or "Gwen Stacy The (Adjective) Spider-Woman"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I'm kinda depressed right now with this announcement...
    she's not even called Spider-Girl. Why would you be depressed?

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

I know I'm probably in a minority here, but I just don't find Peter Parker that likable anymore. I think Spider-Gwen is a lot more compelling in that she feels like a Spider-Woman that's easier to root for. Peter Parker, going all the way back to One More Day, is just too hard to really like as much. It feels like Gwen does the right things for the right reasons. Again, I know most on this board probably disagree with me on that, but this might end up being the most interesting Spider-Man title to come along in years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    There are multiple Spider-Man titles on the market. Why can't there be multiple Spider-Woman titles?

It can just be a simple "The (Adjective) Spider-Woman", or "Gwen Stacy The (Adjective) Spider-Woman"
    Well, there's only one Spider-Man ongoing.

But anyway, I forgot they were calling her Spider-Woman in her universe.