Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Agreed, though I am rather disappointed Miguel is in the 616 in the first place we don't need more time displaced and universe displaced characters in the Main Marvel U. thats what DC is for in that confusion of a mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Yeah. To be fair, she is the frontman for a band named after herself. She's probably all about getting famous with her music.
    makes sense

I'm hoping for a Matt/Gwen relationship before she finds out he's an evil dick.
    nah, matt is way too old for her especially since matt is probably in his 30s and gwen might be 17 or 19

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I like what I'm seeing and hearing, Gwen being the drummer, in a band called the Mary-Janes, come on, how cool is that, and that Spidey-Outfit, the colors, web-design and hood, pretty amazing!!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

[Spider-Gwen joins Spider-Woman and Silk in the ever-expanding – and increasingly female Spider-Man corner of the universe.]

...No mention of poor Anya I see yet we have Silk mentioned despite her own solo not being released yet while Anya has had multiple solos.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

This may have been posted before, but here is an interpretation of The Mary Janes' song Face It Tiger:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A big part of the fun of the book would be seeing a skewed version of the Marvel Universe we're familiar with. It wouldn't be particularly interesting to see a character from another dimension stuck in one that's pretty similar to hers.

Titles that exist outside of the 616 universe never last as long as those that exist in the 616 universe. If Spider-Gwen takes place in her own universe I do not see her book lasting more then 20 issues tops. So, would you rather it be cancelled due to it taking place in her universe or perhaps lasting much longer than that by taking place in the 616 universe.

In general what titles have lasted longer...

Those that take place in the 616 universe or those who don't?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Agreed, though I am rather disappointed Miguel is in the 616 in the first place we don't need more time displaced and universe displaced characters in the Main Marvel U. thats what DC is for in that confusion of a mess.
    When the time comes, Miguel will be back in his own timeline. Slott had him stuck in the 616 realm for a reason, which will be revealed to us readers soon enough. It might even pick up where the last part of the original Spider-Man 2099 series left off and continue the story from there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Titles that exist outside of the 616 universe never last as long as those that exist in the 616 universe. If Spider-Gwen takes place in her own universe I do not see her book lasting more then 20 issues tops. So, would you rather it be cancelled due to it taking place in her universe or perhaps lasting much longer than that by taking place in the 616 universe.

Ultimate Universe Spider-Man is doing ok. I don't see it as being any different for Spider-Gwen and her universe. At one time, Joe Quesada wanted Mayday Parker to be placed in the Earth 616 realm. But DeFalco said that she works best in her own universe.

The only other displaced Spider-Character that could do well in the Earth-616 realm are Galina Tsarfin and Felicity Parker(Next Avengers) as they don't have anything to fall back on in their own timeline.

Earth-X Mayday could make 616 her new home if Earth-X ends up permanently taken out by incursions as I don't see her staying under Kang's thrall forever as he does many things that goes against her own moral code.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Earth-X Mayday could make 616 her new home if Earth-X ends up permanently taken out by incursions as I don't see her staying under Kang's thrall forever as he does many things that goes against her own moral code.
    I also like the Earth-X version of Mayday(Venom) as well. However, it would be nice to see another alternate reality child like Galina Tsarfin(daughter of Spider-Man x Black Widow) or Felicity Parker(daughter of Spider-Man x Black Cat from the Next Avengers timeline) come to Earth-616.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Both Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Girl have done well outside 616. What's more is that many titles within 616 continuity get cancelled before (or around) the 20 issue mark.

I'd much rather read a Spider-Gwen book in her own universe. Where we can see interesting takes on old characters. If she came over to 616 she would just be one amongst many, with just a cool costume setting her apart. She'd lose nearly everything else that made her unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    [Spider-Gwen joins Spider-Woman and Silk in the ever-expanding – and increasingly female Spider-Man corner of the universe.]

...No mention of poor Anya I see yet we have Silk mentioned despite her own solo not being released yet while Anya has had multiple solos.
    That was a reference to titles Marvel is going to publish, rather than books that Marvel has published in the past. There wasn't any reason to mention Anya.

There are plenty of flops among books in the 616 Universe, and a few successes in alternate universes.

A key question is also what works best for this particular series.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I saw it as a reference to the female side of the Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I also like the Earth-X version of Mayday(Venom) as well. However, it would be nice to see another alternate reality child like Galina Tsarfin(daughter of Spider-Man x Black Widow) or Felicity Parker(daughter of Spider-Man x Black Cat from the Next Avengers timeline) come to Earth-616.
    Eh, depends if they're still alive or not after Spiderverse and knowing how Marvel likes alternate babies I'm sure Peter will have an alternate baby with every important X-Girl at the X-School still when he gets there.

Peter x Rachel = Spider-Phoenix
    Peter x Psylocke = Spider-Ninja
    Peter x Monet = Spider-Awesome
    Peter x Storm = Spider-Storm
    Peter x Jubilee = Spider-Vamp
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-15-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

Pretty sure Spider-Storm has already been done.

BANNED

Maybe Spider-UK is Psylocke and Peter's kid...