Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I feel the complete opposiote of this. all i see in spider-gwen is a cool costume

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I love how Spider-Gwen gets an ongoing before Silk--because Silk was a boring development that no one cares about.

I knew it. I knew it. she was getting so popular she had to get her own book

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Back when i first heard about Spider gwen, i wondered if she might get her own series, I'm intrigued, but i wonder if the character can carry an ongoing. I just can't see her doing the same things Spider man does. So, there are supposedly "no more mutants" in the MU, yet Wolverine is in Secret wars? Are they going to revamp his origin or something?
    Now that Peter Parker is an old man who does things like sit around listening to the radio and serving as CEO of a company that someone else started for him, then Gwen can take up the role of the younger, adventurous Spider-Person that Parker used to be, decades ago.

Now Peter will be freed up to get married, maybe.

She's remarkably popular for somebody who's only been in one book.

OTOH, she's young, spunky, and has a teenage angst vibe that's lacking in so many of today's books. So I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Brit View Post
    Nick Lowe's on Twitter now debunking this......Looks like someone's let the cat out of the bag early.

nick_lowe_ ‏@nick_lowe_ 11m11 minutes ago

Don't know what everyone's talking about with #SpiderGwen. We had a private retailer panel this morning. No press was invited.
    I think he's making a joke about how this was not supposed to be released to the press. Every now and then, comics retailers complain about the lack of information from Marvel and the counterargument is that anything retailers learn is quickly leaked.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    she's not even called Spider-Girl. Why would you be depressed?
    We all know Marvel has the bizarre rule that there can't be certain number of Spider-Women running around. This includes AU's, just look how May's title was cancelled in favor of Anya's.

We also don't know if she's gonna carry either the Spider-Woman name or Spider-Girl, but I have a theory that she will be carrying the -Girl moniker. It will all depend on the universe it will take place. If it takes place in her universe, it will be called The ___ Spider-Woman, or like Miles title, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman. But if she stays in 616, then she'll be named Spider-Girl. Why? We all know that Marvel has a trademark to protect. Every few years they HAVE to publish something using that name in order to keep trademark and not letting anyone use it. Guess what? By 2015 -when the tittle will presumably start- it will be 4 years since the last time they published something with the name "Spider-Girl" on it. This will be basically the way to keep calling dibs on the name.

Not only that, but they're aware that this is a damn good chance to eliminate May altogether. Right now the people interested in Gwen are a whole new market who probably hasn't read May, while the people who boycotted Anya's tittle have possibly move on on some level, let alone, putting someone as the title character who I think most May fans would approve. Marvel could kill May, effectively eliminating any sort of history of Peter's marriage, and Slott could get away by murdering Anya, a character she never cared about and that many May fans would be pleased to see out of existence. They would be releasing a new Spider-Girl book when the wound in May fans would be almost be healed and after almost 4 years of Anya being limbo (I'm beginning to think the reason Slott didn't let anyone use her was to kill her but he knew that killing her would be a bit of a backlash for being a minority character, so he keep her in obscurity until everybody would forget about her and then introduce a hot new character that everyone will be talking about).

And you know what? Nobody will give a ****. No one will care that the first woman of color in Marvel's history to get a ongoing is going to die. May fans will be pleased. Gwen fans will only care about the fact that the whitest woman in existence is getting a ongoing. There will be no backlash. And everyone will be happy.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    And you know what? Nobody will give a ****. No one will care that the first woman of color in Marvel's history to get a ongoing is going to die. May fans will be pleased. Gwen fans will only care about the fact that the whitest woman in existence is getting a ongoing. There will be no backlash. And everyone will be happy.
    I think you're assuming a bit too much.

Fantastic Member

I get the impression that May fans would hate it if Spider-Gwen ends up in 616 for any period of time. Because anything that further widens the gap of the ex-marriage is going to make them angry.

My only fear is the longevity of the book and I hope that sales don't see it going the way of Yosts Scarlet Spider. I mean that was a great book that was killed by lack of sales.

http://themanwhocollectsspiderman.bl...gwen-gets.html
    Last edited by Spider-Brit; 10-10-2014 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

We all know Marvel has the bizarre rule that there can't be certain number of Spider-Women running around. This includes AU's, just look how May's title was cancelled in favor of Anya's.

We also don't know if she's gonna carry either the Spider-Woman name or Spider-Girl, but I have a theory that she will be carrying the -Girl moniker. It will all depend on the universe it will take place. If it takes place in her universe, it will be called The ___ Spider-Woman, or like Miles title, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman. But if she stays in 616, then she'll be named Spider-Girl. Why? We all know that Marvel has a trademark to protect. Every few years they HAVE to publish something using that name in order to keep trademark and not letting anyone use it. Guess what? By 2015 -when the tittle will presumably start- it will be 4 years since the last time they published something with the name "Spider-Girl" on it. This will be basically the way to keep calling dibs on the name.

Not only that, but they're aware that this is a damn good chance to eliminate May altogether. Right now the people interested in Gwen are a whole new market who probably hasn't read May, while the people who boycotted Anya's tittle have possibly move on on some level, let alone, putting someone as the title character who I think most May fans would approve. Marvel could kill May, effectively eliminating any sort of history of Peter's marriage, and Slott could get away by murdering Anya, a character she never cared about and that many May fans would be pleased to see out of existence. They would be releasing a new Spider-Girl book when the wound in May fans would be almost be healed and after almost 4 years of Anya being limbo (I'm beginning to think the reason Slott didn't let anyone use her was to kill her but he knew that killing her would be a bit of a backlash for being a minority character, so he keep her in obscurity until everybody would forget about her and then introduce a hot new character that everyone will be talking about).

Sounds serious.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Meh. I'll check it out if not 616. Quite liked EOSV 2, but didn't blow my socks off.

Also, dear Marvel: some of us would like to read your books spoiler free. I DO NOT want to know who survives Spider-Verse until I have read every issue of Spider-Verse. Thank you.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

My only fear is the longevity of the book and I hope that sales don't see it going the way of Yosts SCarlet Spider. I mean that was a freat book that was killed by lack of sales.

Speaking of Scarlet Spider, I wonder what's going to happen to him?

My only fear is the longevity of the book and I hope that sales don't see it going the way of Yosts SCarlet Spider. I mean that was a freat book that was killed by lack of sales.

Yeah, I hope this doesn't happen.
    Scarlet Spider was so great.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I would care, i like Anya. I would be sad to see her go. I've said before, I want no 616 Spiders to die.

Gwen fans (okay, SOME Gwen fans) will be oddly pleased despite Spider-Gwen being absolutely nothing like 616 Gwen. Some just like the name amd look, but will take anything as a Gwen return. Pointless.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

@ Mister Mets. Ah i see in that case he's got a point. He did post another tweet about the Spider-Verse panel so I'm guessing the news was going to be released then anyway, or the Spider-Panel
    Last edited by Spider-Brit; 10-10-2014 at 03:00 PM.