Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

"Speaking of Scarlet Spider, I wonder what's going to happen to him? "

@Protege Continue in New Warriors presumably, he's got the Scarlet Spider's. i hope they don't kill Kaine off

Quote Originally Posted by FantasySpider View Post
    Yeah, I hope this doesn't happen.
    Scarlet Spider was so great.
    yep I'm looking forward to the Scarlet Spiders tie-in that's going to be good, seeing Kaine and Ben's interactions.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    And you know what? Nobody will give a ****. No one will care that the first woman of color in Marvel's history to get a ongoing is going to die. May fans will be pleased. Gwen fans will only care about the fact that the whitest woman in existence is getting a ongoing. There will be no backlash. And everyone will be happy.
    You'd think marvel would jump at a latina ongoing atm, even if it's just to please the tumblr crowd.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    You'd think marvel would jump at a latina ongoing atm, even if it's just to please the tumblr crowd.
    Get Kieron Gillen to do a Miss America book. Boom! Gold.

Also, this is great. I foresee a title like "Gwen Stacy, the Amazing Spider-Woman" for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    The irony is that is the tumblr crowd who made her popular. I've seen some posts questioning why they didn't racebend Gwen to add more diversity. Because Anya has never existed.

We all know Marvel has the bizarre rule that there can't be certain number of Spider-Women running around. This includes AU's, just look how May's title was cancelled in favor of Anya's.

We also don't know if she's gonna carry either the Spider-Woman name or Spider-Girl, but I have a theory that she will be carrying the -Girl moniker. It will all depend on the universe it will take place. If it takes place in her universe, it will be called The ___ Spider-Woman, or like Miles title, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman. But if she stays in 616, then she'll be named Spider-Girl. Why? We all know that Marvel has a trademark to protect. Every few years they HAVE to publish something using that name in order to keep trademark and not letting anyone use it. Guess what? By 2015 -when the tittle will presumably start- it will be 4 years since the last time they published something with the name "Spider-Girl" on it. This will be basically the way to keep calling dibs on the name.

Not only that, but they're aware that this is a damn good chance to eliminate May altogether. Right now the people interested in Gwen are a whole new market who probably hasn't read May, while the people who boycotted Anya's tittle have possibly move on on some level, let alone, putting someone as the title character who I think most May fans would approve. Marvel could kill May, effectively eliminating any sort of history of Peter's marriage, and Slott could get away by murdering Anya, a character she never cared about and that many May fans would be pleased to see out of existence. They would be releasing a new Spider-Girl book when the wound in May fans would be almost be healed and after almost 4 years of Anya being limbo (I'm beginning to think the reason Slott didn't let anyone use her was to kill her but he knew that killing her would be a bit of a backlash for being a minority character, so he keep her in obscurity until everybody would forget about her and then introduce a hot new character that everyone will be talking about).

And you know what? Nobody will give a ****. No one will care that the first woman of color in Marvel's history to get a ongoing is going to die. May fans will be pleased. Gwen fans will only care about the fact that the whitest woman in existence is getting a ongoing. There will be no backlash. And everyone will be happy.
    This is a very well thought out & a plausible scenario.

however unless they were planning on developing Ayana past the sidekick teenaged spider girl point its inevitable that she would eventually be replaced by someone. at some point. B list characters don't get to stick around forever & when they leave they die permanently and get replaced by another. until that one gets replaced by the next.... like the new x men. I love those characters but there B list thus they are not a priority to marvel no character development no stories no villains just limbo... its sad really.

This might be the last time we see May parker too.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    I feel the complete opposiote of this. all i see in spider-gwen is a cool costume

She's got a hoodie and shoes that are supposed to resemble Chucks.

She looks like she's going shopping at Walmart with that outfit.

very good. Hopefully this series will get promoted and sell reasonably well to continue for several years.

Fantastic Member

The irony is that is the tumblr crowd who made her popular. I've seen some posts questioning why they didn't racebend Gwen to add more diversity. Because Anya has never existed.
    The closest thing that comes to mind was the All New Ghost Rider ongoing at the moment.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    This is a very well thought out & a plausible scenario.

however unless they were planning on developing Ayana past the sidekick teenaged spider girl point its inevitable that she would eventually be replaced by someone. at some point. B list characters don't get to stick around forever & when they leave they die permanently and get replaced by another. until that one gets replaced by the next.... like the new x men. I love those characters but there B list thus they are not a priority to marvel no character development no stories no villains just limbo... its sad really.

This might be the last time we see May parker too.
    Well, Anya is in the Avengers now so she did get development. However, Slott seems to have called dibs hence why she hasn't been on an Avenger book atm or appeared in the new Ms. Marvel book.

And you know what? Nobody will give a ****. No one will care that the first woman of color in Marvel's history to get a ongoing is going to die.
    Because we now have Kamala Khan, who's apparently proving right now to be more successful than Anya ever was for being a WoC hero and also doesn't have any Spider-mandates holding her back.
    Last edited by Myetche; 10-10-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Because we now have Kamala Khan, who's apparently proving more successful than Anya ever was for being a WoC hero and also doesn't have any Spider-mandates holding her back.
    Why, thank you! Of course, we just need ONE superheroine of color out there, who cares about rest? Who cares about the latino populations, like me, who felt identified with Anya? Right? We have Kamala, she alone is the only superheroine of color that matters!

Spider-Gwen is getting an ongoing? By the same creative team that gave us her introductory issue? Is it my birthday and no one told me? Actually, no, I hope it's not my birthday. My birthday is on April 1st (April Fool's Day), so I would have to assume that this is a prank.

Anyway, I'm psyched for the series. Thanks, Marvel! Please let it be $2.99.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Because we now have Kamala Khan, who's apparently proving right now to be more successful than Anya ever was for being a WoC hero and also doesn't have any Spider-mandates holding her back.
    Seems pretty close minded to think other characters should be ignored because "look, this one fits that somewhat!". Not to mention that they aren't even the same orientation and are nothing alike.

Besides, Anya and Kamala deserve a chance to team-up as Anya was actually trained by Carol and both look up to Carol with Anya seeing Carol as a mother figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Anya was actually trained by Carol and both look up to Carol with Anya seeing Carol as a mother figure.
    Which would matter if Carol still remembered Anya and the emotions that went with her.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!