Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Any news on super hero squad spidey, Betty spider-girl from what if 7, turkish spidey, the spider-man from the spider-woman cartoon or crossover verse spidey? There was the dc universe spidey also! (no really! Peter made a cameo in the crisis mini and joker talks about the dc spidey to the marvel one in marvel vs dc 1!)

Turkish spidey (it's bad folks!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Dev_Adam

Betty spider-woman (in really bad outfit!)

http://marvel.wikia.com/Elizabeth_Brant_(Earth-78227)

Crossover spidey (The bad guys won't last 5 sec here! Superman, batman, flash, optimus prime, shi, ninja turtles, hulk! Yeah good luck killing that spidey!)

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/e...ossoverall.htm
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-29-2014 at 11:39 AM.

I'm pretty sure we saw Betty with the safe zone spiders...

I may have missed it with my tired eyes, but do you guys have Spider-Prime on the list? (Spidey blended with Prime from the Ultraverse, Earth 93060.)

I've talked to Dan Slott about this and he told me that Spider-Boy and Spider-Prime will not be appearing due to legal issues. I'm still hoping that they will appear, even just brief cameos in a huge battle scene or something. Remember the good old days when you might find Clark Kent or other DC characters pop up in Marvel books in brief cameos, or vice versa? Why can't they just do that?

I also texted Dan recently about maybe using the Earth 91274 Spidey as potential canon-fodder (or not). Maybe have him fighting a robot teamed up with Circuit Breaker or something like that. Be nice to see the TF reality recognized again, even just for a panel or two. I'll let you know what he says, if anything.
    Last edited by FrogMan; 11-30-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Fantastic Member

What ever happened to SP//dr? We have not seen her since her Edge of Spider-Verse story have we?

Fantastic Member

Why would Spider-Prime be a problem? Didn't Marvel outright buy Malibu?

Nobody knows why there is a problem. But there ARE legal problems. Why do you think we haven't seen any of the Ultraverse characters since the 90s.

And yeah, Marvel owns the Ultraverse, but apparently the creators of the UV still have some ownership over their creations.

Wait, that's Scorpion in Ultimate Universe? I haven't heard that. The rest of that arc is making it out to be that it's actually Peter.

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

I posted this question in another thread, but I was wondering.....Has anyone heard what Marvel plans to do with Ben Reilly once Spider-Verse is over with? Does anyone know if Ben will stay as a usable character, will he go back to his universe to live "happily ever after" or will the writers kill him off....all over again? Or better yet, will he come back in the 616 universe as part of a storyline where he was being held captive by Norman Osborne?

I mean, there IS a demand, and even a following, for the character....it would be a waste to drop him after the Spider-Verse event.

Amazing Member MJM Mystery Writer's Avatar

I know there's a lot of information to sort through, and maybe I haven't read it all......but it seems that only one female with spider powers has been killed during this entire event. It was 8545: Spider-Woman (Mary Jane Watson) from Exiles #20. If that's correct, I hope no one mentions the word "sexist" during this series. With Silk, Spider-woman (Jess AND Gwen), and two Spider-girls (Mayday AND Arana) running around during this series (and several of these characters getting their OWN series soon), I hope the writers don't plan on killing off fan favorites like Kaine or Ben Reilly just for the "shock factor" when there are plenty of other candidates that could help THIN OUT the ranks.....do we need 2 different Spider-Women or 2 different Spider-girls any more than we need 2 different Spider-men or 2 different Scarlet Spiders?

I'm just thinking about this because I remember a couple years ago when Steve Wacker was asked about the possibility of bringing Ben Reilly back, and he said it would "dilute" the brand to have a character too similar to Peter Parker. Well.........if this isn't "diluting" the brand, I don't know what is.

BANNED

I'd say there's quite a few characters who might survive only to go back into Limbo and be missed. There'll be at least one more new ongoing by the time Spider-Verse ends. But who gets it?

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

Somehow I didn't even notice spoilers:
    Assassin Spider-Man
    end of spoilers getting taken out in ASM 10, I'll have to go back and look through it. That sucks, I liked him. But really the reason I'm posting is to say how awesome this thread (and especially those initial and constantly updating few posts are). Thanks for this massive listing!

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    I'm pretty sure we saw Betty with the safe zone spiders...
    We sure did, she has her back to the reader but it's definitely her in the safe zone.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    Why do you think we haven't seen any of the Ultraverse characters since the 90s.

Because no one cares about those characters and Marvel only bought the company for their propriety coloring technology?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Because no one cares about those characters and Marvel only bought the company for their propriety coloring technology?
    I know this is from Wikipedia but here is a quote from Joe Quesada: "Let's just say that I wanted to bring these characters back in a very big way, but the way that the deal was initially structured, it's next to impossible to go back and publish these books.
    There are rumors out there that it has to do with a certain percentage of sales that has to be doled out to the creative teams. While this is a logistical nightmare because of the way the initial deal was structured, it's not the reason why we have chosen not to go near these characters, there is a bigger one, but I really don't feel like it’s my place to make that dirty laundry public."
    This issue over rights is not just in comics either. For example: If anyone is a big James Bond fan, they would know that it took MGM and EON Productions Decades to get the rights to show arch nemesis Blofeld. Which is why except for the non-canon 'Never Say Never Again' he has not been seen onscreen since 1971's 'Diamonds Are Forever.' Oddly enough the Donald Pleasance version of Blofeld from 'You Only Live Twice' is the inspiration for 'Dr. Evil in the 'Austin Powers' series, but because it is satire, the Blofeld image could be used without permission of the owners (especially showing his white Persian cat (Mr. Bigglesworth), so there is no doubt who Mike Myers's Dr. Evil really is). I hope this helps explain things.

Just for fun (and kicking myself for not doing this back on page 1), here's the teams:

Team Superior
    - Otto in Peter's Body
    - Noir (Peter Parker)
    - Assassin (Peter Parker) (killed by the Inheritors)
    - India (Paviitr Phrabharkar)
    - Six-Armed (Peter Parker) (killed by the Inheritors)
    - Spider-Girl (Ashley Barton)
    - Spider-Monkey (Peter Parker, but a monkey)
    - Spider-Cyborg (probably Peter Parker) (killed by the Inheritors)
    - Lady Spider (May Reilly)
    - Spider-Punk (Brown)
    - Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
    - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew--the clone, not the other one)

Team Safe-Zone
    - Spider-UK (Billy Braddock)
    - Old Man Spider (Ezekiel) (killed by the Inheritors)
    - Spider-Man (Ben Reilly)
    - Prince of Arachne (Peter Parker)
    - Spider-Ham (Peter Porker)
    - Kwaku Anansi
    - Spider-Girl (May Parker)
    - Benjy Parker (he's a baby and not doing anything)
    - Spider-Woman (Gwen Stacy)
    - Captain Spider (Flash Thompson)
    - Spider-Girl (Betty Brant)
    - Captain Universe (Peter Parker, but cosmic)
    - Spider-Man 2211 (Max Borne)
    - Manga Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (joined but not seen yet)
    - Sp//dr (Peni Parker)
    - "Bullet Points" Spider-Man (Bruce Banner) (killed by the Inheritors)
    - Animated Ultimate Spider-Man
    And the 616ers who joined the team:
    - Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
    - Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
    - Spider-Girl (Anya Corazon)
    - Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)
    - Silk (Cindy Moon)
    - Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Of note: Otto's team was almost entirely made of Peter Parker variants or relatives of his (Ashley and May). The Safe-Zone team has a few Peters, but is mostly made of other people who took the Spider-mantle.
    Last edited by resipsaloquitur; 12-04-2014 at 05:52 PM.