Default I'm on a big 80s kick lately

Its my favorite decade for comics, and I feel that I've missed out on a lot of great 80s runs, mostly from DC.

For Marvel I read Daredevil Born Again, from Frank Miller, which I thought was as good if not better than his original DD run.

Read the first 20 issues or so of the 80s Justice League International. Thought it was really entertaining, enjoyed it.

Currently reading Doom Patrol, just got to issue #19, when Grant Morrison took over.

Next will be Booster Gold's series, hopefully will get through the first 20 issues or so.

After that will be New Teen Titans from 1980, which I hear is fantastic.

JLI is one of my all-time favorite series, and Beetle and Booster are my all-time favorite superheroes, but Booster's '80s solo book was pretty bland. I preferred Beetle's solo book due to the really nice Paris Cullins art (what happened to that guy?), but neither one holds up to modern comic storytelling or even contemporaries like JLI and Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

By the way, read Suicide Squad. Like JLI, it holds up very well today, and is probably one of the best books of the late '80s and early '90s.

The 80's Teen Titans is a great read, Perez artwork was fantastic and Marv Wolfman did some great stories. The Judas Contract storyline was one of the best. If some of other suggestions if you haven't read these yet.
    John Byrne's Man of Steel Superman reboot.
    Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Hawkworld mini series.
    George Perez's Wonder Woman reboot.
    Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography
    Batman:The Killing Joke

dc-judas-contract.jpg
    Last edited by Ray1967; 10-20-2014 at 11:54 AM.