Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
Another one was a five-issue Marvel limited series that's available in a tpb collection:

Mystery Men
I was always very curious about Marvel's Mystery Men, since I liked that cover and the character designs.

Seconding Dave Stevens' Rocketeer, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Darwyn Cooke's Spirit, Howard Chaykin and Helfer/Baker/Sienkiewicz's Shadow, and I'll add on a few more:

Planetary, by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday (a love letter to the popular heroic fiction of the 19th and 20th Centuries, including familiar analogues of all the classic pulp heroes)
Terminal City, by Dean Motter and Michael Lark (originally published by Vertigo, now there is a slightly undersized Dark Horse TPB called The Compleat Terminal City, collecting all 14 issues.)
Tomorrow Stories, by Alan Moore and various artists (an anthology series collected in two TPBs, but the highlight is Greyshirt, with art by Rick Veitch; a spot-on, brilliant homage to Will Eisner's Spirit)
Greyshirt: Indigo Sunset (a six-issue miniseries that followed Tomorrow Stories, written and drawn by Veitch)
Incognito, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (all of their collaborations are great, but the two Incognito TPBs are set in their own world of pulpy "science heroes" and villains, secret societies, flying zeppelins, etc.)