Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why was the Music Forum not continued here?

Since the music thread was where I was most active I wanted to know why it was not one of the media forums carried over to the new forums?

Probably because everyone hates music.
    :rolleyes:

That is odd. I didn't go there often, but it had a robust community, I thought.

Then again, Classic didn't get carried over either.

It wasn't so much an active board as handful of occasionally active threads. I lost Books, on that basis. We were thinking those discussions could very easily be moved to Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It wasn't so much an active board as handful of occasionally active threads. I lost Books, on that basis. We were thinking those discussions could very easily be moved to Community.
    So I can re-start my Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Update thread on Community?

It's a curious thing, but admittedly there wasn't much discussion going on there anymore in recent years. It was mostly Song Name Game and the various News Update threads and your album reviews. The days that someone would start a thread on their favourite drummers, or on the Peppers' old work vs. their new stuff, were long gone.

Still, feels weird, a message board without a music subforum.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

All I know is...I wanna see Wrasslin Sub Forum come back. Come on Mods. Make it happen. Its a sub-forum. You can dooooo it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

I wasn't on Music very often, but I liked having it separate because I always found the Community board to be filled with threads that were thirty pages deep, and no way to get involved in any conversation without having people tell you to read page eight, or to have people be generally dismissive if you didn't happen to be there as the thread was started. As a result, I rarely ventured into the Community board. I don't know that anything's going to change in regards to the main Community section, so less active discussions will just get buried and lost in all the non music-related noise.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I wasn't on Music very often, but I liked having it separate because I always found the Community board to be filled with threads that were thirty pages deep, and no way to get involved in any conversation without having people tell you to read page eight, or to have people be generally dismissive if you didn't happen to be there as the thread was started. As a result, I rarely ventured into the Community board. I don't know that anything's going to change in regards to the main Community section, so less active discussions will just get buried and lost in all the non music-related noise.
    True, though I can see Expletive's point. Though I stopped posting on CBR a long time ago before the recent reboot, it seemed at the time that music forum was dwindling down to a hand-ful of threads. I imagine if there's enough music discussion in the future a separate forum might get spun out, though the current approach is reasonable for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I'm sorry to lose Books, but I can deal with it. However, the apparent loss of the Classics Board may be a deal breaker. I'm not sure it's worth coming back without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I'm sorry to lose Books, but I can deal with it. However, the apparent loss of the Classics Board may be a deal breaker. I'm not sure it's worth coming back without it.
    I agree with Slam.The content in the Classics section can't be duplicated anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    So I can re-start my Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Update thread on Community?
    I don't see why not.
    Welcome back!
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

It was great having a music forum but as long as we can keep discussions going here that is fine.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Yeah first thing I looked for was the music thread since I was pretty active there, and nada!

BANNED

I'll miss the music forum...and Avengers forum, novels forum....

The threads keeping track of what you were reading per year and what songs you listened to that day hurt the most.