Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I don't see why not.
    Welcome back!
    Thanks Matt!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It wasn't so much an active board as handful of occasionally active threads. I lost Books, on that basis. We were thinking those discussions could very easily be moved to Community.
    What about combining books, music, and games into one forum? That way threads don't get lost in the community forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Since the music thread was where I was most active I wanted to know why it was not one of the media forums carried over to the new forums?
    There wasn't really a lot going on there, to be honest.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 04-30-2014 at 11:18 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Ah man I just realized it was gone, it was slow though. People just have no interest in current popular music lol

But still...there was some good topics and debates though.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Ah man I just realized it was gone, it was slow though. People just have no interest in current popular music lol

But still...there was some good topics and debates though.
    And just at a time when Ood Omega had bumped a bunch of interesting discussions there, too (the Costello one, the Punk one, and so on and so forth).

Your 'wasted potential' thread was pretty cool as well.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    That's because it's ****.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I knew somebody was gonna say it lol

Check your settings out, you can add threads to a favourites list so if the music threads disappear off the front page, you've still got easy access to them.

BANNED

There wasn't really a lot going on there, to be honest.
    I posted there every time I was on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    It wasn't so much an active board as handful of occasionally active threads. I lost Books, on that basis. We were thinking those discussions could very easily be moved to Community.
    I stopped going to the music forum because it was discussing the same old stuff. Dropping it here might make music subjects more lively.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Bah. Bah, I say!

From Wrekonize to Kacey Musgrave, or new KRS-One, Willie Neslon, and new Bob Dylan there's plenty of good stuff bring produced right now.

Alright, so those aren't the genuine chart-toppers of the moment, but even that stuff, some of it's catchy enough. I have Shinee and Taylor Swift songs imprinted on my brain just because every other store in this city plays the stuff on loop while you're shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Bah. Bah, I say!

From Wrekonize to Kacey Musgrave, or new KRS-One, Willie Neslon, and new Bob Dylan there's plenty of good stuff bring produced right now.
    I'm not disputing that. I like a lot of new music. I'd hate to be one of those boring old farts that stopped listening to new music once they finished school. The reference was to "current popular music". Most of which is, to put it kindly, utter garbage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm not disputing that. I like a lot of new music. I'd hate to be one of those boring old farts that stopped listening to new music once they finished school. The reference was to "current popular music". Most of which is, to put it kindly, utter garbage with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    I'm with you, to a degree. Most of it's not great. But, I followed up with very very pop stuff because I think there is still some value . I don't think you can make an argument against Taylor Swift being pop, and where I'm at, Shinee definitely is. It's an "artsy" boy band. The redeeming feature of this stuff, the bulk of it, be it Katy Perry or LMFAO or whatever, is that it is catchy. That's about it. Sure, some songs rise above that, but it's point is to just be listenable, and it is. It's not really more or less crap than the pure pop chart toppers from ten years ago or forty years ago.

Most pure, disposable pop is good for background static and not much more. It's earworms. The gummy worms of music, the Domino's pizza. It's not there to last the test of time, it's there because people like a little sugar pick me up or some grease. Everybody wants to remember a golden time when awesome acts ruled the airwaves, nobody wants to remember that Taco or Tiffany, in their time, were probably much bigger than anyone you think of as "huge" from the same era.

I see that, really I do. I just find a lot of what's in the charts these days downright unpleasant to listen to.

Now get off my lawn.