Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Stark is multi-field, having performed miracles in biology and physics. He's most famous for his signature armor, but he's not remotely limited to engineering.
    Thank you! The man is a polymath. Just because he best at building armors doesn't mean that all he can do
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Stark and Pym should be in Tier one

i don't see how you can have Blue Marvel tier one....to be honest he hasn't done anything really, besides a few things..and we have to go by character feats, tony and pym have much greater feats than BM

Beast...ehhh he's not on that level either
    Stark and Pym are both very smart, but in my opinion are far more specialized than someone like reed Richards or the beast. Not to say that either of those two characters would be lost while working with the others but I think stark is very much primarily an engineer/tech genius and pym...well he figured out how to make stuff really small and he created a genocidal robot. So based upon the criteria that I came up with I would put them
    In my second category and also because let's be honest, do you really think tony stark has the same level of intellect as reed Richards? Or doom? I don't so my rankings will remain the same

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey>batman13 View Post
    Stark and Pym are both very smart, but in my opinion are far more specialized than someone like reed Richards or the beast. Not to say that either of those two characters would be lost while working with the others but I think stark is very much primarily an engineer/tech genius and pym...well he figured out how to make stuff really small and he created a genocidal robot. So based upon the criteria that I came up with I would put them
    In my second category and also because let's be honest, do you really think tony stark has the same level of intellect as reed Richards? Or doom? I don't so my rankings will remain the same
    Stark and Pym have done much more than T'challa though

and i dont understand why Blue Marvel is tier one.. he should be tier 3....he just hasn't done anything that the other guys have done..and his list of feats are small

Honestly I'd consider Beast fairly specialized too.

He seemed more a bio chemist sort of guy. Which isn't to say he wasn't good at pretty much everything, because in comics if you're a scientist you're pretty much an expert in all fields. But I always thought he had more of a geneics slant.

Doom and Reed are clearly 1a and 1b...after that, tough call between Pym, McCoy, Stark.

Well I think blue marvel is treated as more of an equal by reed, and he is even respected by the watcher for his intelligence which suggests a level of intelligence that is cosmically relevant along the lines of a reed Richards or a doom. T'challa and beast have much more general knowledge than tony and pym both. Beast (if I'm not mistaken) is every bit the engineer and builder that stark is while being much more accomplished in the fields of bio chemistry and genetics. And t'challa is the smartest man from the most advanced country in the marvel earth. I think these facts set them a bit apart from stark and pym, but I do admit that the difference between any of these character's intelligence levels is so small that it could arguably be deemed inconsequential when it gets down to the nitty gritty of solving science problems in order to save the world/universe/multiverse

Amazing Member

I normally just lurk in these threads but I have question. During Priest's run I remember BP saying to Nightshade that he is weaker in biological sciences or something like that. Does anyone else remember T'challa saying that to Nightshade and If so would that still make him a polymath comparable to Reed, Hank, Beast, or Doom? I also ask because I always thought of BP specializes in theoretical physics and mechanical engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Owl View Post
    I normally just lurk in these threads but I have question. During Priest's run I remember BP saying to Nightshade that he is weaker in biological sciences or something like that. Does anyone else remember T'challa saying that to Nightshade and If so would that still make him a polymath comparable to Reed, Hank, Beast, or Doom? I also ask because I always thought of BP specializes in theoretical physics and mechanical engineering.
    I don't remember that, must have been part of that run that I never read. I have always considered black panther as a polymath and I thought that hickman's run on the fantastic four clearly placed him as an equal or as close to an equal as one can beto reed outside of doom

BANNED

Well I think blue marvel is treated as more of an equal by reed, and he is even respected by the watcher for his intelligence which suggests a level of intelligence that is cosmically relevant along the lines of a reed Richards or a doom. T'challa and beast have much more general knowledge than tony and pym both. Beast (if I'm not mistaken) is every bit the engineer and builder that stark is while being much more accomplished in the fields of bio chemistry and genetics. And t'challa is the smartest man from the most advanced country in the marvel earth. I think these facts set them a bit apart from stark and pym, but I do admit that the difference between any of these character's intelligence levels is so small that it could arguably be deemed inconsequential when it gets down to the nitty gritty of solving science problems in order to save the world/universe/multiverse
    Eternity (or loki if that what he was) called Hank the scientist supreme

im pretty sure the Watcher would say the same think about Pym and Tony

look Blue Marvel is smart, and has the capabilities to be on the level of say Reed...but you honestly cannot say he is right now based on feats...obviously he does not have the quanity or quality of reed's feats and i feel like marvel isn't going to push that direction for him

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Doom, Reed and Valeria overall.
    This is the most accurate based on what the comics say. Reed is usually number one, Doom is two, and current Valeria is tied with her father or Doom.

BANNED

question to you guys

around what decade was it when 1. Reed 2. Doom really became the 2 smartest man in marvel 616....when did Marvel really cement that idea...

BANNED

that's what it seems like

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    question to you guys

around what decade was it when 1. Reed 2. Doom really became the 2 smartest man in marvel 616....when did Marvel really cement that idea...
    Probably by the mid-seventies. Reed had the unique advantage of being the star of a team-book, and having a rival mostly known for his intellect. Captain America was the star of Avengers, and Cyclops was the star of X-Men, and they fought warlords rather than brainiacs, so Iron Man and Beast didn't really get the constant push Reed did by being the star who fought a team-level threat. By the mid-seventies, Reed's constant push as the guy primarily responsible for victories over a team-threat intellect had put him at the top of the intellectual heap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Probably by the mid-seventies. Reed had the unique advantage of being the star of a team-book, and having a rival mostly known for his intellect. Captain America was the star of Avengers, and Cyclops was the star of X-Men, and they fought warlords rather than brainiacs, so Iron Man and Beast didn't really get the constant push Reed did by being the star who fought a team-level threat. By the mid-seventies, Reed's constant push as the guy primarily responsible for victories over a team-threat intellect had put him at the top of the intellectual heap.
    thank you,,,

BANNED

as of March 2015 any ranking changes in your opinion what would your top 3 be now?