Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 434
  1. #61
    IMPERIUS REX! Chief Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Minnetonka, MN, USA
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Doom, Pym and Richards. In that order. Easily.

  2. #62
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    5,788

    Default

    Reed, Doom and Stark

  3. #63
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki Oathbreaker View Post
    The highest and broadest forms of intelligence:
    1) Doom
    2) T'challa
    3) Richards

    Reed is often put as equal or superior to Doom and in sheer scientific skill and understanding that is obviously true, but Doom is a renaissance man. He is a genius in many things Reed can't even begin to fathom (magic, for one), simply hasn't explored (arts, fencing and other martial skills) or is just not that great at compared to others (field strategy, psychology, the sort). Doom is more than capable of keeping up with (and, at times, triumph over) Reed's science and has all of that, which firmy cements his overall intelligence as greater.

    T'challa is next for the same reason: he is far more versatile and still capable of super science. Though Reed will usually out-science him, the spectrum of his 'genius level intellect' is far more broad. Reed's specialty is very, very versatile and varied since it's just 'super-science' (unlike Banner with radiation, McCoy with mostly biology and Stark with weaponry/armor-tech), but he's still a specialist
    This would be my list except I would put T'Challa third. But the margin between Reed and Doom would be very slim. I think it's because we've seen Reed do a lot more over the years than with T'Challa. Many times it's his skills at H2H that get played up more than his other accomplishments.

    Over the years some writers have tried to draw just as close a link with T'Challa and Doom. It's not that T'Challa lacks scruples but as we've seen recently he can be almost as ruthless as Doom. T'Challa is a relative newcomer when it comes to the mystic arts and Doom's studies in that field have been over a longer period of time. And he has tapped into resources where Doctor Strange has feared to tread. A lot of votes have gone to Valeria but I have to wonder just where he preternatual IQ comes from and then I remembered who delivered her safely when Reed could not.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This would be my list except I would put T'Challa third. But the margin between Reed and Doom would be very slim. I think it's because we've seen Reed do a lot more over the years than with T'Challa. Many times it's his skills at H2H that get played up more than his other accomplishments.

    Over the years some writers have tried to draw just as close a link with T'Challa and Doom. It's not that T'Challa lacks scruples but as we've seen recently he can be almost as ruthless as Doom. T'Challa is a relative newcomer when it comes to the mystic arts and his studies in that field have been over a longer period of time. And he has tapped into resources where Doctor Strange has feared to tread. A lot of votes have gone to Valeria but I have to wonder just where he preternatual IQ comes from and then I remembered who delivered her safely when Reed could not.
    polymaths arn't necessary more intelligent then people who specialize.

    T'challa is brilliant, but you can't put him above Reed or Doom
    Last edited by Random4; 01-20-2015 at 09:31 AM.

  5. #65
    Fate's Law Prevails Maven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Like Savoir-Faire...Everywhere!
    Posts
    1,854

    Default

    1. Reed
    2. Doom (but as noted, there is a very, VERY slim margin between Reed and Doom's intellects...all the more reason their rivalry is my utmost favorite of all such things in the MU.)
    3. Robert Down...er, Tony Stark.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

    "The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

    "The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

    "Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

    Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

  6. #66
    Amazing Member rgx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Reed Richards≥Victor Von Doom>Henry Pym. IMO

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    polymaths arn't necessary more intelligent then people who specialize.

    T'challa is brilliant, but you can't put him above Reed or Doom
    Not necessarily more intelligent, but they apply their intelligence on a broader spectrum, which should also be taken into consideration. I put T'challa above Reed because of skill versatility -- pure raw efficiency brain 'output' goes to first Doom, then Reed. But intelligence isn't just the IQ and being able to apply that intelligence to many different things should also be a factor. T'challa may not be quite as versatile as Doom, nor does he have as many showings of that same versatility, but he has many more ways of practically applying his intelligence than Reed.

  8. #68
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki Oathbreaker View Post
    Not necessarily more intelligent, but they apply their intelligence on a broader spectrum, which should also be taken into consideration. I put T'challa above Reed because of skill versatility -- pure raw efficiency brain 'output' goes to first Doom, then Reed. But intelligence isn't just the IQ and being able to apply that intelligence to many different things should also be a factor. T'challa may not be quite as versatile as Doom, nor does he have as many showings of that same versatility, but he has many more ways of practically applying his intelligence than Reed.
    i disagree with you

    in term of raw brain power reed is above t'challa

    and in terms of application reed has WAY WAY WAY more feats than t'challa.... so i just cant see t'challa being above reed, and judging by most people who have reed as number 1 or 2 on their lists..

    i just can't, t'challa being 3rd makes sense though

  9. #69
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    i disagree with you

    in term of raw brain power reed is above t'challa

    and in terms of application reed has WAY WAY WAY more feats than t'challa.... so i just cant see t'challa being above reed, and judging by most people who have reed as number 1 or 2 on their lists..

    i just can't, t'challa being 3rd makes sense though
    The books essentially flat out tell us that Reed is the smartest super hero. I don't think that can even really be debated. It's no secret.

  10. #70
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    i disagree with you

    in term of raw brain power reed is above t'challa

    and in terms of application reed has WAY WAY WAY more feats than t'challa.... so i just cant see t'challa being above reed, and judging by most people who have reed as number 1 or 2 on their lists..

    i just can't, t'challa being 3rd makes sense though
    For what it's worth, T'Challa labeled himself the 8th smartest. Though such labels are hardly official or anything.

    I personally think that sounds a little low.

  11. #71
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Doom, Reed, Banner, and Stark.

    However, in Original Sin, they forgot to reveal that Reed has been using an alien ray gun, to limit Doom's intellect, out of jealousy. Same with Peter Parker. I'm sure they will cover it, soon.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    i disagree with you

    in term of raw brain power reed is above t'challa

    and in terms of application reed has WAY WAY WAY more feats than t'challa.... so i just cant see t'challa being above reed, and judging by most people who have reed as number 1 or 2 on their lists..

    i just can't, t'challa being 3rd makes sense though
    I said the same thing regarding raw brain power. :P

    That said, I think I may have to clarify regarding what I meant with 'practically applying'. I don't mean build a gizmo to save the say -- yes, Reed has done that. A lot. Far more than T'challa. T'challa, however, has proven himself a highly skilled detective, investigator (in the private eye/police sense), is a supremely skilled tactician, spy, leader and of course among the top tier martial artists. In short, as I've said before: a polymath. Reed's IQ is obviously higher, but he's very much the aloof scientist type and lacks both emotional and social intelligence.

    ... hmm, that makes me want to see him face off against Zemo sometime. Another polymath-ish character, though not quite as high up in the scientific mind department.

  13. #73
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    1. Black Panther
    2. Mr. Fantastic
    3. Doctor Doom
    Last edited by Ralmist; 01-20-2015 at 12:29 PM.

  14. #74
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Doom, Reed, Banner, and Stark.

    However, in Original Sin, they forgot to reveal that Reed has been using an alien ray gun, to limit Doom's intellect, out of jealousy. Same with Peter Parker. I'm sure they will cover it, soon.
    LOL. In Grant Morrison's FF 1234 mini, he had Reed admit that the cosmic rays did give him a boost in his thought processes to where he could "stretch" his mind. Even though that story is not in continuity, it still makes you wonder if Reed possibly changed in other ways too.

    When they were in college Victor did make Reed appear to be a bit of a slacker and not as focused. Victor already had begun work on his time platform and the device that injured him was something even Reed admitted was "far out stuff". Considering that Doom came from a dirt poor family and Reed was the son of a multimillionaire it makes you wonder what he would have done with more resources at a younger age. In fact Stark and T'Challa had a far more privileged lifestyle too and came from wealthy backgrounds.

  15. #75
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,793

    Default

    The egomaniacal Doom gave himself the title Doctor without earning a doctorate just because he saw Reed in a newscast and ordered to be addressed as a doctor from then on.
    Last edited by Ralmist; 01-20-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •