Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    But now that I think about it Tony building a Phoenix buster in AvX and a Dyson sphere ranks pretty high up there too.
    Also Tony built a time traveling armor. To me looking at everything Tony has done in his books and in Avengers. His body of work is superior to Pym and T'Challa's. That's by no means disrespecting those characters.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Richards, Doom, Stark, of course. Those are the characters defined by preposterous intelligence.

Isaac Newton from Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. Discovered the Secret Alchemy, the Quiet Math, and the Silent Truth. He had the intelligence to make himself immortal.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    He built one himself that was only "based" off of dooms model. Why would he even have access to Doom's? It was also based off his former plans to deal with a galatus event

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...9.jpg~original
    There's nothing in McDuffie's story that mention's the power siphon device is based on something he developed for Galactus protocols going back to Priest's BP run. I just think Ross found a sealed envelop and that was about it.

Even Black Panther says it is based on Doom technology and it even looks like it. If I build something based on the technology on a car and it looks like a car then I've created nothing new. The main difference is BP's device only temporarily removed the Surfers power whereas Doom's transferred the power to himself. Maybe BP didn't figure that part out Most likely, he didn't want to though.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Isaac Newton from Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. Discovered the Secret Alchemy, the Quiet Math, and the Silent Truth. He had the intelligence to make himself immortal.
    Good point

I'll throw in Richards and Doom to round out the three
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

He built one himself that was only "based" off of dooms model. Why would he even have access to Doom's? It was also based off his former plans to deal with a galatus event

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/...9.jpg~original
    Fair enough. He copied Doom tech and created an arguably lessser model. Kind of impressive... though it shows why Doom is at the top of the list.

And T'Challa has a plan to deal with Galactus ... but Reed and Doom have both actually beaten Galactus. Though it's more an apples and oranges kind of thing, I'm more impressed with Stark creating a machine which actually beat the Phoenix than I am T'Challa having a plan with may or may not beat Galactus. Show, not tell.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-16-2015 at 06:52 AM.

BANNED

so overall between pym and t'challa who has greater scientific/technological feats

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There's nothing in McDuffie's story that mention's the power siphon device is based on something he developed for Galactus protocols going back to Priest's BP run. I just think Ross found a sealed envelop and that was about it.

Even Black Panther says it is based on Doom technology and it even looks like it. If I build something based on the technology on a car and it looks like a car then I've created nothing new. The main difference is BP's device only temporarily removed the Surfers power whereas Doom's transferred the power to himself. Maybe BP didn't figure that part out Most likely, he didn't want to though.

It just means he was wise enough to transfer the power to someone who had experience with it. I'm sure he could have kept it himself.

Fair enough. He copied Doom tech and created an arguably lessser model. Kind of impressive... though it shows why Doom is at the top of the list.

And T'Challa has a plan to deal with Galactus ... but Reed and Doom have both actually beaten Galactus. Though it's more an apples and oranges kind of thing, I'm more impressed with Stark creating a machine which actually beat the Phoenix than I am T'Challa having a plan with may or may not beat Galactus. Show, not tell.
    What's also impressive is T'challa outsmarting Tony every-time they face eachother.

This comes down to 3rd and 4th place. It's T'challa and Pym. Shadow Physics vs Pym Particles.

BANNED

What's also impressive is T'challa outsmarting Tony every-time they face eachother.

This comes down to 3rd and 4th place. It's T'challa and Pym. Shadow Physics vs Pym Particles.
    it goes to Pym as the 3rd spot...he just done alot more than T'challa

Ultron

Pym Particles

The Infinity Mansion etc. etc.

There's different kinds of smart.

Even though I think overall Reed is smarter than T'Challa, in a LOT of instances I could see T'Challa outsmarting or outmanevering him. Sort of like how in a lot of instances Steve outsmarted Stark in Civil War even though Stark was smarter. Reed is "book" smart... but that doesn't always translate to everything.

Though in terms of PURE IQ Reed is the man. Him or Doom.

There's different kinds of smart.

Even though I think overall Reed is smarter than T'Challa, in a LOT of instances I could see T'Challa outsmarting or outmanevering him. Sort of like how in a lot of instances Steve outsmarted Stark in Civil War even though Stark was smarter. Reed is "book" smart... but that doesn't always translate to everything.

Though in terms of PURE IQ Reed is the man. Him or Doom.
    I always have Reed as #1 and Doom as #2. Because being #2 to Reed in this one respect is, in my mind, a big part of Doom's character. The fact that being second-best at anything drives him nuts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    many people think tony should be number 3..

see it seems like there is no consensus...the only universal consensus among marvel fans seems like its 1. reed 2. doom
    Tony's nowhere near the top 3. I'd be terrified to ask him for help with something.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Tony's nowhere near the top 3. I'd be terrified to ask him for help with something.
    I'd be less terrified of asking Stark for help than Doom, for what it's worth.

Wasn't there an alternate future written around Civil War where T'Challa and Tony Stark went Neon Genesis Evangelion on each other fighting each other with giant mechas, with T'Challa winning?