Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default NYCC LIVE: "Death of Wolverine" to "Logan Legacy"

Brian Michael Bendis, Gerry Duggan, Greg Pak, Charles Soule, and more X-creators met with fans to talk about Wolverine's fall and what follows once he's gone.

Full article here.

So it looks like X-23 will either be leaving All-New X-men or pulling double duty. I hope she can be in both. Wolverine was in both the Avengers and the X-men. Why can't X-23 do the same? But if the title has Mystique in it, I'm already sold.

As for who gets left behind in Ultimate, I think right now the safest bet is O5 Iceman. Bendis already revealed that O5 Jean will have more face time with Emma Frost very soon. We also saw in previews of Logan's Legacy that X-23, Angel, and Beast will return. That leaves O5 Iceman as the odd man out. Given how little he's been utilized, I hope this doesn't write him out completely. He hasn't really had a chance to shine. I hope he gets his chance here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

And Jean meets a Jean who is closer to her than Jean-Jean.
    Wait, but Bendis. Haven't you been saying all along that Jeen is Jean-Jean?
    Last edited by gifted; 10-11-2014 at 08:37 AM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Matt Malloy joining UXM, gee didn't see that coming. /sarcasm

This thread should be in the X-forum

As much as I don't like Wolverine, I'm looking forward to Wolverines. Soule is one of the best writers at the moment and I can't say no to Sabretooth and Mystique. Though, I don't like Bradshaw much, but I can tolerate it. I wonder if Soule will still be writing She-Hulk, now with two more books added to his workload.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Yeah, I'm all about this new weekly 'Wolverines' series. Loving the Liev Schreiber look on Sabretooth, and can't wait to watch him try to be a good guy (like he was in Age of Apocalypse). Should be a lot of fun.

Night of the Living Deadpool was the best of Bunn's minis, I'd say. It ended in a way I didn't think we'd be able to see more of, but now that Return of the Living Deadpool is announced, I am totally on board. Can't wait to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I'm all about this new weekly 'Wolverines' series. Loving the Liev Schreiber look on Sabretooth, and can't wait to watch him try to be a good guy (like he was in Age of Apocalypse). Should be a lot of fun.
    Weekly? Damn you Marvel, I want to read this but not weekly, I'll trade wait then.

-Highly doubt the X-men or SHIELD would allow Scott to just walk off with Malloy, but let's see where it goes.
    -Is Bendis trying to write a new ongoing with the X-men left in the Ultimate Universe? Or maybe just have that character hang out with Miles in his ongoing?
    -Wolverines sounds and looks great, not sure about the Weekly series part though. That might mean trade waiting for me.
    -So now there is a world over run with Deadpool Zombies? That's kind of creepy/cool.
    -Still sorry to see All-new X-factor end
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Sigh...still no big, really interesting news. I guess you really have to be there because everything Marvel has announced concerning the x-line so far is boring-no-arse.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

I am ridiculously excited for a cameo by the X-Men 2099 cast; I'm sure their appearance will be minimal (a la Doom 2099 in Uncanny Avengers) but along with the newly returned Spider-Man 2099, the X-Men were one of the first series I collected. I'm dying for more stories with them, but frankly wasn't expecting it; it will be nice to at least see them on the page again. And Andrea Sorentino being the one drawing them is just bonus points! I was already really looking forward to his work on the two annuals.

The rest of the X-News doesn't excite me too much, but I'm actually okay with that, since I have to shave just a couple titles off my pull list these days. I'm glad none of the new titles coming out of Death of Wolverine are must-buys (unless one of the artists blows me away).

I guess I know what I will buy once January 2015 comes. Wolverines looks really great.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Not a massive Wolverine fan, but I love Soule so I'm totally in for Wolverines; however weekly may be to much, so I may tradewait, as I like my pull list and don't want to get rid of any.
    All-in for Return of the Living Deadpool, I Really liked the first one!

Fantastic Member

I loathe Daken, so I won't be buying Wolverines. Hopefully X-23 keeps showing up elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    I loathe Daken, so I won't be buying Wolverines. Hopefully X-23 keeps showing up elsewhere.
    The collision arc and the Daken/X-23 interaction was one of my favorite parts of her solo. They play well together if written right.
    "This is me being reasonable"