Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I miss it SO MUCH...Bendis is a HORRIBLE choice to write a cosmic team book.
    Agreed. Especially simce his book puts too much focus on earth, venom and now captain marvel and the xmen. The Guardians are guest stars in thier own book.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Agreed. Especially simce his book puts too much focus on earth, venom and now captain marvel and the xmen. The Guardians are guest stars in thier own book.
    No kidding...they were basically just a taxi service in Trial of Jean Grey and really didn't contribute anything to the story (although I did love Lil' Iceman feeling like a Disney Princess after meeting Rocket).

It all starts with Thanos: Samaratin

From there:

Drax the Destroyer
    Annihilation
    Annhilation Conquest
    Nova #1-36
    GOTG #1-25
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Thanos Imperative

Guardians was filled with humor and interesting concepts. The humor was smart rather than juvenille like it is now. Its great stuff.
    Thanks for that breakdown!
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Uncanny X-Force by Humphries was awful. He single offhandedly ruined Cassandra Nova forever. His Avengers AI was rebooted into nothingness. He is my least favorite new writer that Marvel has hired.
    Don't you dare imply that the Cassandra Nova from Humphries forgettable run, has ANYTHING to do with the amazing creature that appeared in NXM:

I mean of all the people who decided to use Nova why did it have to be him? And a substandard alternate/future version a true bastardization of perfection!!!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

My issue with Bendis is that there's this rich tapestry of cosmic characters just begging to be be used, shown, DEVELOPED...

And we get Angela, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man.

Oh, and Gamora's been completely SPAYED and her defining spunk and sexuality has been tamed and made palatable. As if a female character needs to be "toned down" in order to be made "relevant". I find it a bit offensive that a female character can only be deemed acceptable if there's no rough edges to the character itself.

Besides all that, it's serviceable. Serviceably mediocre, but all it needs to do is somewhat support the big film franchise Marvel now has in its pocket. Expect completely safe, gormless stories and character development from here on out. You don't want to mess with these film properties after all....
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 11-10-2014 at 12:02 PM.